~~*Official July 2013 Thread!*~~Our Month has Arrived!

I am so excited to see BOG and share it with my daughter around her birthday, I could scream. Hopefully the food will agree with me! lolol

We have a BBB appointment for DGD and are taking the boat over to GF for PF1900 with Cindy. I am very excited for her, but for me I'm excited for CM breakfast on our 2nd morning so all the DGSs can meet Mickey!!!! :banana::banana::banana: And I haven't been there yet, so it will be something new and fun.

Anyone else find that flights were way more expensive this time? I always fly United out of Newark and pay usually $250/person round trip. Maybe it's because I got them more last minute but I paid closer to $400/person!! What's going on?? Maybe because they know a lot of people are leaving NJ this summer because the shores still aren't all fixed up from the hurricane?

I can't speak for tickets from TX because this is our first year here, but tickets for DS and fam cost us a whopping $200 more pp from Oregon than usual - that $800 really took a bite out of our trip budget for sure. :headache:

June 24th is our last day:crazy2:

Putting your phone on airplane mode helps conserve the battery. I also got a amped charger (one typically used for an Ipad) so my charger will charge faster in the park and got an external charge battery- lipstick charger.

Trick to using a lipstick charger is you can not wait till you battery is dead!
http://www.amazon.com/2200mAh-Lipsti...+phone+charger

I also bought this because it is supposed to juice your phone up faster:
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-12W-POWE...Iphone+charger and

These are some really good articles of where to charge your phone http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/02...ingdom-part-2/ and http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/02...ingdom-part-1/

DS found some extended life batteries for $4 somewhere online - last all day - might be worth googling.

I wasn't able to get an ADR for BOG but we're going to try it at lunch. Although I am excited, I'm a little nervous about how long we'll have to wait.

I'm also excited about eating at Ohana for dinner. ( My sister will be happy for that since they love it there) We've done the b-fast w Lillo & Stitch a couple of times.

I still can't believe it's June already!!!!! Yay. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

YES I am excited about going back to O'hana for dinner. But I always look forward to ADRs I haven't tried before like Rose and Crown. AND hoping we get outdoor seating for Illuminations. This will be on my mom's 65th birthday and she loves Illuminations.

YES I am excited about going back to O'hana for dinner. But I always look forward to ADRs I haven't tried before like Rose and Crown. AND hoping we get outdoor seating for Illuminations. This will be on my mom's 65th birthday and she loves Illuminations.

'Ohana is one of my favorite meals on property. We've done it many times and it's the only ADR I made for this trip. It's delicious!

We've also done Rose and Crown a few times too. We've always gotten outside seating! We are a party of two so that might make a difference. Even if you aren't seated outside, you can go out when the show starts to watch from the outside area. What time did you make your ADR for?

The ADR is for 7:10 at R&C. My plan was to get there a 1/2hr before ressie and request outside table. I didn't know we could go onto patio to watch Illuminations. Thanks for the tip.

I'm most excited for CP for a before the park opening breakfast. My DD will be most excited about CRT.

The ADR is for 7:10 at R&C. My plan was to get there a 1/2hr before ressie and request outside table. I didn't know we could go onto patio to watch Illuminations. Thanks for the tip.

I think that time will be perfect. Good luck!

we are heading to Disney in 54 more days... seems so far away still.

But this year we are coming for 2 weeks. I think I am more excited than the kids.

Does anyone know if California grill will be opened when we will be there?

I have left 1 night of dining open in HOPES of this restaurant being finished

we are heading to Disney in 54 more days... seems so far away still.

But this year we are coming for 2 weeks. I think I am more excited than the kids.

Does anyone know if California grill will be opened when we will be there?

I have left 1 night of dining open in HOPES of this restaurant being finished

I heard its not suppose to open until the end of summer. I'm bummed too. :(

Has anyone ever stayed at the Nick Hotel? We are planning to arrive a day early and thought that might be a good place to try?

This trip is a triple surprise...we are bringing a little girl who has never been, she has practically grown up in my house my oldest DD's BFF. The BFF does not know we are telling her on her birthday June 20th, but she has always wanted to be surprised by a trip to Disney, but I wanted her to have some time to process she was going with us. She has gone on other small trips with us and fits in perfectly with our family. So we are telling her a fake date of the 21st, but then my kids (who found out about the trip by accident) think we are leaving on the 18th...if you are still with me, I am double crossing my own kids because I had to change flight and in reality we are leaving on the 16th so everyone will be surprised...clear as mud:lmao: anyhoo, my ticker is part of the secondary sharade...we leave in 44 days, I am so excited!
:donald::stitch::sulley::dumbo::figment::tigger::goofy::mickeyjum:ccat::simba::donald::stitch::sulley::dumbo::figment::tigger::goofy::mickeyjum:ccat::simba::donald::stitch::sulley::dumbo::figment::tigger::goofy::mickeyjum:

This trip is a triple surprise...we are bringing a little girl who has never been, she has practically grown up in my house my oldest DD's BFF. The BFF does not know we are telling her on her birthday June 20th, but she has always wanted to be surprised by a trip to Disney, but I wanted her to have some time to process she was going with us. She has gone on other small trips with us and fits in perfectly with our family. So we are telling her a fake date of the 21st, but then my kids (who found out about the trip by accident) think we are leaving on the 18th...if you are still with me, I am double crossing my own kids because I had to change flight and in reality we are leaving on the 16th so everyone will be surprised...clear as mud:lmao: anyhoo, my ticker is part of the secondary sharade...we leave in 44 days, I am so excited!
:donald::stitch::sulley::dumbo::figment::tigger::goofy::mickeyjum:ccat::simba::donald::stitch::sulley::dumbo::figment::tigger::goofy::mickeyjum:ccat::simba::donald::stitch::sulley::dumbo::figment::tigger::goofy::mickeyjum:

OMG that sounds fantastic!!! Have a great trip.

I think I read somewhere on here that people were able to get ADR sometime in Sept or Oct ... But nothing before. My DH is so bummed....

Really? When I booked our October trip a month ago there was nothing yet... Need to go back and check. Really wanted to go in October.

Good Morning to all - 39 more days. Midori started her Summer BB league yesterday, practice from 4pm to 6pm, 3 evening games a week.

We had to cancel Equestrian camp, DD wants to play her favorite sport Volleyball. Volleyball starts Tuesday morning.

June will fly by...Lucy (13), Midori BF is so excited for her first Disney visit.

:dance3:

Have a great day..:yay:

I just found out last night that DD's best friend and her family, who live directly across the street from us, will be in Disney 13-16. Same time we are there! What are the chances of that? Hopefully, we can meet in the park (hopefully AK since both girls would love that the most) the morning of July 15. Really hope we can catch up with them, my DD would be thrilled.

Hint for those renting cars: The closer you get to the dates the cheaper they seem to get through Hotwire. I was getting 24, 35 dollars a day and I looked at June dates about 2 weeks out from now, and its 12.95 a day...

I just found out last night that DD's best friend and her family, who live directly across the street from us, will be in Disney 13-16. Same time we are there! What are the chances of that? Hopefully, we can meet in the park (hopefully AK since both girls would love that the most) the morning of July 15. Really hope we can catch up with them, my DD would be thrilled.

Hint for those renting cars: The closer you get to the dates the cheaper they seem to get through Hotwire. I was getting 24, 35 dollars a day and I looked at June dates about 2 weeks out from now, and its 12.95 a day...

Thanks! I'm still considering renting a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter