*****OFFICIAL July 2012 Thread! Feelin' HOT HOT HOT!

All right everyone, it's October already! So, in 9 short months, it will be JULY!!!! :banana: Just think...one pregnancy away! NOT ME!! :lmao:

So, we *think* we have narrowed down our restaurant plans for the part of our trip when we will be with the rest of the family. DH, the boys and I check in on July 23, 2012, but the rest of the family joins us on July 29th...in the early afternoon (they're driving down...the stop the night before for them is Savannah, GA). So, here is what we are thinking, VERY tentatively:

July 29th: Breakfast at Kona Cafe (just the 4 of us), then spend the late morning at the Poly pool (DVC members can pool-hop to certain resorts and this is one of them); Afternoon Tea at GF; snack around WS at Epcot in the evening.

MK day: CS lunch; Crystal Palace for dinner

DHS day: 50s PT for lunch; Chef Mickey's dinner

Epcot day: San Angel Inn for lunch; Biergarten dinner

I will post more when we figure out more! :thumbsup2

Hi and welcome to the July 2012 thread! It's NEVER too early to start planning a WDW vacation! ;) Plus, it is already October...July will be here before we know it! :thumbsup2

As far as the Fantasyland expansion, I haven't found any info yet with any specific dates. Everything I read just says that it will open in phases, beginning late 2012. I am *hoping* that by late 2012, they mean some time after June...and that some things will be open in July. My own prediction (and I'm no expert, believe me!) is that the first (or one of the first) to open will be the Beast's Castle and the Be Our Guest restaurant. That restaurant will seat 551 people at a time (CRT only seats around 130), and this is a HUGE money-maker for Disney. Rides and other attractions that will be there, are included in the admission ticket price...they don't make extra for them. However, rides probably take a LOT less time to put together than a whole castle that holds so many people in its restaurant! :rotfl2:

We shall see...I am hoping that something is open. It is also my wish for the Be Our Guest Restaurant to be open so that we could enjoy it with the whole family.

thanks for the information and the educated guess. I do hope that Beast's Castle is open then. Our party will consist of 10 people with two of them being my sweet little nieces, so I do hope for their sake parts of Fantsyland is open.

thanks for the information and the educated guess. I do hope that Beast's Castle is open then. Our party will consist of 10 people with two of them being my sweet little nieces, so I do hope for their sake parts of Fantsyland is open.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Just think, everyone! Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are right around the corner, and we'll all be so busy that time will fly. Before we know it, January 2012 will be here! And we know what January means--July park hours will be posted, and we can make our ADR's! :cool1:

Just think, everyone! Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are right around the corner, and we'll all be so busy that time will fly. Before we know it, January 2012 will be here! And we know what January means--July park hours will be posted, and we can make our ADR's! :cool1:

YES!!!!! Soon enough! :banana:

Keeping my fingers crossed!

We are keeping our fingers crossed too! July 14th - July 22nd is not to far away. My DD 11 will be 12 in 5 more days reminds me that the Holidays rips through quickly and then before you know it, it's Spring break - then it's our turn to go to WDW!! :banana:

We are keeping our fingers crossed too! July 14th - July 22nd is not to far away. My DD 11 will be 12 in 5 more days reminds me that the Holidays rips through quickly and then before you know it, it's Spring break - then it's our turn to go to WDW!! :banana:

Exactly! :goodvibes

Happy early Birthday to your DD! Yes, the holidays go very fast. For us, the Fall goes fast because of getting back into the routine of being back and work and school. September is always hectic at work (getting the school year started, lots of paper work), but after that it usually flies until Xmas break. The high school where I work gives out 8 report cards per year, and I am already working on my first set of grades! I can't believe it already!

I also love this time...looking forward to the WDW trip and all the planning involved. I love to plan these vacations. I try to enjoy the time while we are looking forward to it! :thumbsup2

Exactly! :goodvibes

Happy early Birthday to your DD! Yes, the holidays go very fast. For us, the Fall goes fast because of getting back into the routine of being back and work and school. September is always hectic at work (getting the school year started, lots of paper work), but after that it usually flies until Xmas break. The high school where I work gives out 8 report cards per year, and I am already working on my first set of grades! I can't believe it already!

I also love this time...looking forward to the WDW trip and all the planning involved. I love to plan these vacations. I try to enjoy the time while we are looking forward to it! :thumbsup2

Midori wanted me to tell everyone, thanks for the early Birthday wish. :wizard:

All right everyone, it's October already! So, in 9 short months, it will be JULY!!!! :banana: Just think...one pregnancy away! NOT ME!! :lmao:

So, we *think* we have narrowed down our restaurant plans for the part of our trip when we will be with the rest of the family. DH, the boys and I check in on July 23, 2012, but the rest of the family joins us on July 29th...in the early afternoon (they're driving down...the stop the night before for them is Savannah, GA). So, here is what we are thinking, VERY tentatively:

July 29th: Breakfast at Kona Cafe (just the 4 of us), then spend the late morning at the Poly pool (DVC members can pool-hop to certain resorts and this is one of them); Afternoon Tea at GF; snack around WS at Epcot in the evening.

MK day: CS lunch; Crystal Palace for dinner

DHS day: 50s PT for lunch; Chef Mickey's dinner

Epcot day: San Angel Inn for lunch; Biergarten dinner

I will post more when we figure out more! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Your plans sound great. I just learned that as DVC members we can pool hop at the Poly and might do that one day too.

We have never eaten at San Angel Inn but it is on our list.

Can't wait for our trip... 24th July - 7th August 2012 at the POR!

YAY!! :banana: You arrive at WDW the day after I do...but you are staying 2 weeks, WOW!! Sounds like a terrific trip, and lots of fun to plan! :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 Your plans sound great. I just learned that as DVC members we can pool hop at the Poly and might do that one day too.

We have never eaten at San Angel Inn but it is on our list.

Yes, isn't it great being able to pool hop?! I mean, we love the pool at BWV, but being able to just go to Kona for breakfast and hang out at the Poly, and enjoy a different pool...it just sounds awesome!

We loved San Angel Inn last time. We went for lunch in July 2010. I had read some negative reviews, but not enough to stop us from going. And we were so glad we did decide to go there. I had an appetizer for my lunch (tostadas with chicken), and it was delicious. I think food is very subjective, and it is impossible to tell what someone's tastes are like based on a message board. For example, we love all different types of ethnic food, and we brag about Sanaa...however, I personally know a lot of people who I would not bring there, just because it is not their taste. I have friends who only eat things like burgers and fries, and I have othe friends who wouldn't touch them. A matter of personal preference, and as I said...very subjective! Tell me a restaurant was filthy, your meat was raw, and your server disappeared for an hour...a different story! :scared1: Same thing with hotel reviews...some people give it 1 star because the internet was slow, but that wouldn't affect me...some people give it 1 star because it was dirty and there were bugs, and that would scare me away!

Hi everyone! I have some really terrific news! There's this show they do in a lot of the high schools in NYC...it's called "SING". It's a competition between the students (2 groups in my school), where the students produce, write, direct, and perform a show with a theme they choose. In the school where I teach, seniors and freshman make up one group, and juniors and sophomores make up the other group.

Today, it is official...I am the Coordinator of SING! So, I am overseeing all the administrative items, and also guiding the students. There are also a bunch of faculty advisors, and they are all wonderful. I am really looking forward to doing this, as crazy as it will be! There are 2 performances, a Friday and Saturday night, the first weekend in February. So for me, January will be the crazy month. But it will be a lot of fun, and I'm very excited! :banana:

Joining in....

we are booked July 22-26 2br AKV concierge and the the 26-31 at BWV 2 br. I am pondering making a change to the 2nd half at the 7 month point....either:

2 br at beach club
2 br MK view at BLT

I don't know...I keep going back and forth as we do love BWV.

Any thoughts?

There are 7 of us traveling....me and the hubby and 5 kids. Probably the last trip with all 5 kids..and it will be the first trip for our youngest.

VERY EXCITED!!!! :):):):)

BTW...I loved the afternoon tea. I have done it twice...the first time, the hubby and I...the second myself and the oldest kid. Both times were delightful!! I wish I could fit it in again.

Hey everyone!! Has anyone ever gone to the Afternoon Tea in the Garden View at the Grand Floridian? We're planning to go to that with the rest of the family on the day they arrive to meet us at WDW, and I was wondering if I can get any opinions on it. Thanks! :goodvibes

Yes, isn't it great being able to pool hop?! I mean, we love the pool at BWV, but being able to just go to Kona for breakfast and hang out at the Poly, and enjoy a different pool...it just sounds awesome!

We loved San Angel Inn last time. We went for lunch in July 2010. I had read some negative reviews, but not enough to stop us from going. And we were so glad we did decide to go there. I had an appetizer for my lunch (tostadas with chicken), and it was delicious. I think food is very subjective, and it is impossible to tell what someone's tastes are like based on a message board. For example, we love all different types of ethnic food, and we brag about Sanaa...however, I personally know a lot of people who I would not bring there, just because it is not their taste. I have friends who only eat things like burgers and fries, and I have othe friends who wouldn't touch them. A matter of personal preference, and as I said...very subjective! Tell me a restaurant was filthy, your meat was raw, and your server disappeared for an hour...a different story! :scared1: Same thing with hotel reviews...some people give it 1 star because the internet was slow, but that wouldn't affect me...some people give it 1 star because it was dirty and there were bugs, and that would scare me away!

I try not to listen too much either to the reviews as the ones everyone says the food is not great are usually the ones I like. But again I like all the dining at Disney!:lmao:

Hi everyone! I have some really terrific news! There's this show they do in a lot of the high schools in NYC...it's called "SING". It's a competition between the students (2 groups in my school), where the students produce, write, direct, and perform a show with a theme they choose. In the school where I teach, seniors and freshman make up one group, and juniors and sophomores make up the other group.

Today, it is official...I am the Coordinator of SING! So, I am overseeing all the administrative items, and also guiding the students. There are also a bunch of faculty advisors, and they are all wonderful. I am really looking forward to doing this, as crazy as it will be! There are 2 performances, a Friday and Saturday night, the first weekend in February. So for me, January will be the crazy month. But it will be a lot of fun, and I'm very excited! :banana:

:cool1: That is wonderful and just think how fast January & Feb will fly by.

Joining in....

we are booked July 22-26 2br AKV concierge and the the 26-31 at BWV 2 br. I am pondering making a change to the 2nd half at the 7 month point....either:

2 br at beach club
2 br MK view at BLT

Any thoughts?

There are 7 of us traveling....me and the hubby and 5 kids. Probably the last trip with all 5 kids..and it will be the first trip for our youngest.

:welcome: I always like trying new resorts but having stayed at all three I don't really care for the theming of BLT. Would this be your first time at BLT?

I have seen the models...but have never stayed there. More and more people are telling me the place just doesn't turn them on.

Joining in....

2 br at beach club
2 br MK view at BLT

Any thoughts?

Welcome!!! You have a wonderful trip planned! We also LOVE BWV (our DVC home)...it is such a beautiful resort, we think it's the best location on property (for us anyway), and we enjoy walking on the Boardwalk in the early evening with the kids. It's just such a beautiful and relaxing area, a great place to still enjoy some action, but much more low-key action than the parks. But...many people love the location of BLT because of the monorail, and the fact that in the MK view villas, you can watch the fireworks right from your balcony. I have to admit...that is very cool, and intriguing. You have a couple of months to decide, before the 7-month mark. Either way, you are gonna have a great vacation! :thumbsup2

BTW...I loved the afternoon tea. I have done it twice...the first time, the hubby and I...the second myself and the oldest kid. Both times were delightful!! I wish I could fit it in again.

Thanks for the info! I can't wait to go to the tea. I have wanted to go the last 2 trips but it didn't fit into our schedule. Now, it fits right in, so we will try it!

I try not to listen too much either to the reviews as the ones everyone says the food is not great are usually the ones I like. But again I like all the dining at Disney!:lmao:
I know, that happens all the time with me. I had read all these terrible reviews about Kouzzina for dinner, so we didn't reserve it last time. But then when we couldn't eat at Cape May (DS6's shellfish allergy acted up a little when we walked in, so we walked right out...but thank goodness he was fine right when we left), we chose to try Kouzzina instead. And we fell in love with the place! It was one of the best dinners of the whole trip! We're definitely going back again in July.

By the way, thanks for the congratulations on my new position at work...yes, it will be busy, but a lot of fun! We started already and we have student producers for our shows! :thumbsup2

Going July 29th-August 8th 2012! Can't wait! I've had a stressful couple of hours but just thinking Disney makes me happy and do this >>>:banana: :cool1: Oh and I just bought my MNSSHP for DL! :banana::banana:

:wave2: Hello everyone. Haven't had time to do much planning but time is flying by and in a few months we can start making our ADRs:love:

I have not booked yet, we know we have to be checking out by July 12th because that it when our APs expire. DD graduates from high school this year, and I am sure June will be filled with graduation parties that she will want to go to. I am thinking we might do July 1 through July 12. I need to book soon. I always feel better when it is official!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter