*OFFICIAL* July 2010 Thread! It’s Hot. It’s Crowded. AND WE LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, thanks guys! The Advil is helping to take the edge off the pain but it still hurts a lot. At least it's bearable at this point though. Hopefully it is just a muscle that will work itself out with rest and not anything else like a disc. I turn 33 in a week and I feel like I am 75!

Hang in there - and keep us posted!

I was checking in on one of our 7th grade LA classrooms this morning and they had just begun their morning drill - writing about the perfect breakfast. Well I had to sit down and write about mine - Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe! Now I am craving Tonga Toast and I don't have a reservation for Kona breakfast this trip...hmmm, may have to change that! :)
33 days till Disney...
Debbie

Yum!!!!

Here is a picture of the three of us...I have lost 50lbs (and counting) and wanted a new pictures of us, so I had my MIL take one this weekend when we were at The Grounds for Sculpture in NJ. (However, I don't know why I am sitting with my butt sticking out, not flattering! :confused3
In the picture is DH (John), DS (Connor) and Me (Deb)...we are traveling July 4 - 10!
IMG_2196.jpg

We don't know the people in the middle - but they were kind enough to sit still for the picture! :)

Debbie

You've been added to Page 123 :)

OK, I've lost it............

Today I'm home from work with the worst backache I have ever had in my entire life, I kid you not. Last night I woke up at 3 in the morning and I had to use the bathroom. I couldn't get out of bed, or even turn over. My poor DH, he was trying to help but to no avail. He's a licensed massage therapist and even tried massaging the area (the very low back, a terrible area to have such pain). It still kept going into spasm. He gave me Tylenol at 3:30 (I was afraid to take aspirin or advil because I hadn't eaten in 8 hours, and I have a very sensitive stomach...that's all I need...back pain and stomach pain!). At about 4:15 I was finally able to force myself to get out of bed and get to the bathroom. I came downstairs, walked around, sat, walked around sat, etc. Nothing was helping to relieve this pain. I can't teach my classes like this so I decided to take the day off. At 7:30, when the Tylenol wears off, I will eat and take Advil. My doctor is in at noon so I will go to him then.

Now...why did I start this post with "OK, I've lost it..."? Because in the middle of all of this chaos and pain, all I could think was, "OMG, we're leaving in 5 weeks and I have to be in the car for a really long time...will we be able to go? What if this is serious and we have to cancel our trip?" :scared1: In the meantime, it is probably just because a few days ago, I lifted up my 5-year-old 45-pound son, wore flats (ballet slipper type shoes, I know I shouldn't), had a little discomfort yet continued to work out each day. Usually when I have some discomfort, if I continue working out that resolves it. Not this time...just kept getting worse. It really hurts...I think I would rather give birth at this point...at least then I had an epidural for the pain!

I think I need a hug. :sad1:

But hey, we're going to WDW next month! Gotta look on the bright side right?

I hope the pain goes away and fast :hug:

five weeks left to go till we board the plane headed to WDW!!

its killing me!

question for those of you who have DD who like to dress up for the Princess. We have 2 princess meals Akershursh and CRT. I am looking for something for DD5.5 that she can be a princess in but not melt in the process!!

I always just brought the princess dress with us - had them change right before we went into the restaurant. Tons of little girls were always getting out of their princess dresses and into regular dresses in the Norway bathroom!

Just had sort of a bummer! DH and I have been debating whether or not to switch to CL at the AKL and we decided today that it's not that much more with our PIN and to go for it, however, since we waited so long to decide, there aren't any available with our PIN :( Bummed out, but I guess it was our own fault
Don't give up! Keep calling/checking online--you never know when one will open up.
I think we'll be at the Studios in the morning before heading over to Epcot....maybe I'll see you there!

And exactly why we will be at Hollywood Studios that day, hehe! :wizard:
and I'll be in DHS

29 days!!!! :banana:

Looks like we all think alike! We'll be in DHS that morning, too.:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hey!!! We'll be in Disney......NEXT MONTH!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cool1::cool1::cool1::yay::yay::yay::banana::banana::banana:
:cheer2::cheer2::cool1::cool1::dance3::dance3:I lvoe that!

I am getting nervous about the heat.lol...I know its going to be hot..I'm just not sure what I will wear..I want some cute flowy tanks but not sure where to find them. I sweat..LOL..so thats a prob too..
Target has lots of tanks and tees in their activewear dept. that are moisture-wicking. I swear by that stuff. As an added bonus--iff you get wet on a water ride, you won't be wet all day!

Aww, thanks guys! The Advil is helping to take the edge off the pain but it still hurts a lot. At least it's bearable at this point though. Hopefully it is just a muscle that will work itself out with rest and not anything else like a disc. I turn 33 in a week and I feel like I am 75!
Can you take Aleve? Sometimes that helps when my back flares up. I hope it gets better, and quickly.

I will have to dedicate a whole day to reading this AWESOME thread, b/c there seems to be a WEALTH of information to learn from, and lots of fun people! :thumbsup2

Our trip is from June 25 - July 5th and we will be staying off-site and then have a few nights in the Contemporary, Theme Park View. We wanted that room JUST in case it's too crowded in the park we can walk back to our room to catch the July 4th fireworks from the balcony! We're super excited, and we got a 40% OFF discount with our annual passes -- can't be beat!!

We stayed at the Poly for the NYE fireworks and it was FABULOUS, but we wanted to try something different just to see... Whenever people post about the Poly I sigh wistfully and wonder how I could stay elsewhere, but we'll never know unless we try, right? :confused3

Apart from resort stay, add me to the list of people concerned about the heat and the crowds! My only assurance of joy is the Mainstreet Electric Parade, Summer Nightastic Fireworks, Captain EO opening July 2nd, AND the Celebration in the Sky for July 4th... it's GOT to be worth it all, right? :cheer2:

Thanks for this great thread, I have a LOT of reading to do!! :surfweb:

I will have to dedicate a whole day to reading this AWESOME thread, b/c there seems to be a WEALTH of information to learn from, and lots of fun people! :thumbsup2

Our trip is from June 25 - July 5th and we will be staying off-site and then have a few nights in the Contemporary, Theme Park View. We wanted that room JUST in case it's too crowded in the park we can walk back to our room to catch the July 4th fireworks from the balcony! We're super excited, and we got a 40% OFF discount with our annual passes -- can't be beat!!

We stayed at the Poly for the NYE fireworks and it was FABULOUS, but we wanted to try something different just to see... Whenever people post about the Poly I sigh wistfully and wonder how I could stay elsewhere, but we'll never know unless we try, right? :confused3

Apart from resort stay, add me to the list of people concerned about the heat and the crowds! My only assurance of joy is the Mainstreet Electric Parade, Summer Nightastic Fireworks, Captain EO opening July 2nd, AND the Celebration in the Sky for July 4th... it's GOT to be worth it all, right? :cheer2:

Welcome!!!

I am also very excited about Captain EO. I'm a huge MJ fan and have never seen that movie apart from on youtube.

Welcome! I have added you to the list on page 126. We are staying at the CR for part of our trip too. We are there 7/1-7/6. But, I know what you mean about the Poly.......we stayed there last summer, and I would have loved to have gone back, but we promised DS another trip to the CR - we have not stayed there since 2005.

Welcome!!!

I am also very excited about Captain EO. I'm a huge MJ fan and have never seen that movie apart from on youtube.

I am excited to see Captain EO too! I have only seen it on Youtube also. I also wish they would bring back Magic Journeys - I really do not like HISTA at all.

I was checking in on one of our 7th grade LA classrooms this morning and they had just begun their morning drill - writing about the perfect breakfast. Well I had to sit down and write about mine - Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe! Now I am craving Tonga Toast and I don't have a reservation for Kona breakfast this trip...hmmm, may have to change that! :)
33 days till Disney...
Debbie

Debbie, You can get Tonga Toast at Captain Cook's, so no need to worry about the ressie!! (I am trying to work in a way to eat Tonga Toast one day while we are there!)

I hope you feel better soon! :flower3:

The back pain is getting better...very slowly, but surely, thank goodness. I went to the doctor at noon. He saw the way I was standing and immediately knew my lower back was in all kinds of spasms. He told me to continue taking Advil every 4 hours and he also gave me Flexeril. The Flexeril definitely relaxed me, I fell asleep on the couch recliner (which thank goodness did not surt my back more...I was afraid to go to sleep and not just sit in a hard chair!). The Advil wore off so it hurts, but I took it about 10 minutes ago and just waiting for it to kick in. I was still able to get up from the couch though, even though it hurt. My 5-year-old son was so cute...this morning on the way to school, he told my father that my back was hurting and he was worried about me. He asked who would take care of me, and my father explained that I can take care of myself so he was relieved. He came home after school and has been concerned, happy that I went to the doctor and got some medicine. I had to explain to both my kids that I can't lift them anymore. That's the hardest part, knowing I can't do that anymore now. The doctor said no.

The other hard part is that I can't exercise for 2 weeks and I am a HUGE exerciser. He said after 2 weeks, ease back into it and go light at first. By then I will have 3 weeks before the trip so I will really take it easy. Good thing it's not winter...at least I can walk at the park a few blocks away! No heavy weight lifting though for a couple of weeks...but at that point I am going to keep it very light so I don't get hurt before the trip.

Thanks everyone for your concern! I hope to go back to work tomorrow, depends on how I feel in the morning after lying in bed all night. I'm actually really nervous about that after what i went through at 3 this morning, not being able to move. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow! He said give it a couple of days and I should feel MUCH better!

Thanks again to all! :hug::grouphug:

The back pain is getting better...very slowly, but surely, thank goodness. I went to the doctor at noon. He saw the way I was standing and immediately knew my lower back was in all kinds of spasms. He told me to continue taking Advil every 4 hours and he also gave me Flexeril. The Flexeril definitely relaxed me, I fell asleep on the couch recliner (which thank goodness did not surt my back more...I was afraid to go to sleep and not just sit in a hard chair!). The Advil wore off so it hurts, but I took it about 10 minutes ago and just waiting for it to kick in. I was still able to get up from the couch though, even though it hurt. My 5-year-old son was so cute...this morning on the way to school, he told my father that my back was hurting and he was worried about me. He asked who would take care of me, and my father explained that I can take care of myself so he was relieved. He came home after school and has been concerned, happy that I went to the doctor and got some medicine. I had to explain to both my kids that I can't lift them anymore. That's the hardest part, knowing I can't do that anymore now. The doctor said no.

The other hard part is that I can't exercise for 2 weeks and I am a HUGE exerciser. He said after 2 weeks, ease back into it and go light at first. By then I will have 3 weeks before the trip so I will really take it easy. Good thing it's not winter...at least I can walk at the park a few blocks away! No heavy weight lifting though for a couple of weeks...but at that point I am going to keep it very light so I don't get hurt before the trip.

Thanks everyone for your concern! I hope to go back to work tomorrow, depends on how I feel in the morning after lying in bed all night. I'm actually really nervous about that after what i went through at 3 this morning, not being able to move. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow! He said give it a couple of days and I should feel MUCH better!

Good news! So glad to hear it is getting better. Just take it easy and don't overdo it!

I came in late to the game, but I totally understand back pain, and hope and pray all is well before your trip!!

Did the Dr. say anything about wearing really good shoes? 3 of my friends suggested better footwear is the key, but I don't even know where to start. I tend to run around in my Walmart flip-flops :upsidedow !! Now I'm looking for a comfortable walking shoe that supports back health. LMK if you hear anything!

ahhhhh tonga toast - can't wait to have it again :)

Good news! So glad to hear it is getting better. Just take it easy and don't overdo it!

Thanks, I will definitely take it easy!!

I came in late to the game, but I totally understand back pain, and hope and pray all is well before your trip!!

Did the Dr. say anything about wearing really good shoes? 3 of my friends suggested better footwear is the key, but I don't even know where to start. I tend to run around in my Walmart flip-flops :upsidedow !! Now I'm looking for a comfortable walking shoe that supports back health. LMK if you hear anything!

I think my shoes were also a part of the problem. I was walking around last week (teaching, on my feet all day) in those ballet-slipper type shows from Payless. They are completely flat and I know that is not good for the back. I think that is where my problem first started. Then lifting a 45-pound 5-year-old didn't help my cause, and neither did lifting heavy weights after that (especially the dead lift exercise...my back was already iffy at that point...I probably hunched when I shouldn't have, causing a much bigger injury to the area). I am wearing New Balance walking shoes now. They give lots of support, and I never had a problem with them! I wore a pair to WDW 2 years ago and was very comfortable walking around in them. Whenever I need new walking shoes, I always buy a new pair of these. I am going to be wearing them again when touring the parks. I don't know how people tour the parks in some of the shoes I see them wearing...either they don't mind how it feels, or they aren't thinking about it. For me, I need my good sneakers to do that kind of walking!

Keep praying everyone, please! I accept all denominations of anything you believe in for prayers!!! :love:

You guys.

In a little more than 6 hours (for those of us in the Eastern time zone) we will finally be able to say we're going to WDW NEXT MONTH!!!

party:

It's finally almost here, everyone! It's finally almost here!

My husband said the exact same thing!!
:laughing:

Hi! I think I peeked at this thread a while ago, but didn't post. I have NOT read all 126 pages!
We're going to be at BC from 7/28 - 8/1 with DxDP
Here's our ADRs :

7/28 dinner Captain's Grille 6:15
7/29 bkfst CRT 10:15
Dinner - spirit of Aloha Luau 5:15
7/30 lunch Coral Reef 11:55
Dinner Chefs de France 6:00
7/31 lunch Brown Derby 11:40
Dinner Boma 6:00
8/1 brkfst Cape May Cafe 9:15

We still have one credit unaccounted for but may do CS later on 8/1 before we head out. We're going to Cocoa Beach for the following week.

Added the times in red!

By the way, there's a sneak peek of the Harry Potter theme park in Entertainment Weekly (May 28)

Thanks, I will definitely take it easy!!

I think my shoes were also a part of the problem. I was walking around last week (teaching, on my feet all day) in those ballet-slipper type shows from Payless. They are completely flat and I know that is not good for the back. I think that is where my problem first started. Then lifting a 45-pound 5-year-old didn't help my cause, and neither did lifting heavy weights after that (especially the dead lift exercise...my back was already iffy at that point...I probably hunched when I shouldn't have, causing a much bigger injury to the area). I am wearing New Balance walking shoes now. They give lots of support, and I never had a problem with them! I wore a pair to WDW 2 years ago and was very comfortable walking around in them. Whenever I need new walking shoes, I always buy a new pair of these. I am going to be wearing them again when touring the parks. I don't know how people tour the parks in some of the shoes I see them wearing...either they don't mind how it feels, or they aren't thinking about it. For me, I need my good sneakers to do that kind of walking!

Keep praying everyone, please! I accept all denominations of anything you believe in for prayers!!! :love:

You poor thing! I just saw the posts about your back - what a pain (literally)! I've been there but luckily not for a while (knock on wood). Absolutely don't push it getting back to work - the kids will be fine and we get sick days for a reason! Which New Balance walking shoes do you buy? I'm looking to get a pair for our trip, but I'm also worried I'll be hotter than hades in them. :headache: Take care of yourself and sending hugs and prayers AND PIXIE DUST your way! :lovestruc

Our ADR's (mostly in June - boo):

June 27: Rainforest Cafe (@AK) 12:30 <- the kids BEGGED us!
June 28: The Plaza (@MK) 12:15 (????)
June 30: Le Cellier 2:35
July 3rd: Whispering Canyon 1:20

These are all new ressies for us; we wanted to try all different restaurants. Otherwise, I'd be at my favorites, including Boma and O'hana's...

Coral Reef lost my patronage when they took the catfish off the menu and changed up the mahi-mahi... If they put the catfish back on, somebody let me know! THANKS! ;)

I read the Harry Potter article. Is it a separate park? Separate admission or part of universal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter