*OFFICIAL* July 2010 Thread! It’s Hot. It’s Crowded. AND WE LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a question about the pin code. Would I have to cancel my exisiting reservation to use the pin or can it apply to the one I have now. BTW I already have a AAA discount applied and I have all of my dining booked.

So I have a question about the pin code. Would I have to cancel my exisiting reservation to use the pin or can it apply to the one I have now. BTW I already have a AAA discount applied and I have all of my dining booked.

You should be able to apply it to your existing reservation.

not sure but I want to my aaa agent and told about the discount for 30 percent for moderate resorts this summer and she kept my current reservation she just called disney and they changed the amount I have to pay everything else stayed the same except I saved almost $400.00.

DBF and I decided to shorten our trip by one night to justify the cost of staying CL. He gave me the choice of 7 nights standard or 6 nights CL and i had to pick club level. Now i just have to fix up our adrs and book our airfare. Ive been watching air fare for over a month now and it has not come down at all! Im starting to get worried bc its alot more money than i originally planned on spending on flights. Has everyone else booked their flights? do u think its safe to wait it out a few more weeks? :confused3

DBF and I decided to shorten our trip by one night to justify the cost of staying CL. He gave me the choice of 7 nights standard or 6 nights CL and i had to pick club level. Now i just have to fix up our adrs and book our airfare. Ive been watching air fare for over a month now and it has not come down at all! Im starting to get worried bc its alot more money than i originally planned on spending on flights. Has everyone else booked their flights? do u think its safe to wait it out a few more weeks? :confused3

We did the same thing at the CR, you will love Poly Club! Did you rebook with the lower discounts that just came out? As for airfare, I think you could probably wait - can you fly Air Tran or Southwest? Southwest often does have Ding fares and Air Tran has been running less than Southwest lately. Even though SW does not charge for bags, their prices are not as low as they once were. As much as I sometimes hate driving, it does eliminate the airfare waiting game.

We did the same thing at the CR, you will love Poly Club! Did you rebook with the lower discounts that just came out? As for airfare, I think you could probably wait - can you fly Air Tran or Southwest? Southwest often does have Ding fares and Air Tran has been running less than Southwest lately. Even though SW does not charge for bags, their prices are not as low as they once were. As much as I sometimes hate driving, it does eliminate the airfare waiting game.

We did Poly Cl last year and absolutely loved it! I guess we were spoiled. We got the military offer which saves alot of money because u dont have to add tickets to your package but can add dining.
As for flying, we always fly southwest. Usually southwest fares come down after a while, but the really early flight that i want to take keeps going up!

My planning gets to begin anew! OK, not exactly, but with the extension of the discounts, we ditched the Dolphin and rebooked at WL for about $100 for the trip, even with our Teacher's Rate at Dolphin. I was a little conflicted, since we could have saved nearly $300-350 by moving to one of our favorite mods, but We decided that keeping the budget the same roughly and staying at a Deluxe for the first time was a better choice all around. I hope I'm right, that $300-350 could come in handy!

We did Poly Cl last year and absolutely loved it! I guess we were spoiled. We got the military offer which saves alot of money because u dont have to add tickets to your package but can add dining.
As for flying, we always fly southwest. Usually southwest fares come down after a while, but the really early flight that i want to take keeps going up!

SW fares are not what they used to be are they?! A few years ago, I had a fare of $39 each way from Pittsburgh to Orlando. Haven't seen that one since. I know what you mean about being spoiled!! That is why I am glad we were able to upgrade with the discount too.

My planning gets to begin anew! OK, not exactly, but with the extension of the discounts, we ditched the Dolphin and rebooked at WL for about $100 for the trip, even with our Teacher's Rate at Dolphin. I was a little conflicted, since we could have saved nearly $300-350 by moving to one of our favorite mods, but We decided that keeping the budget the same roughly and staying at a Deluxe for the first time was a better choice all around. I hope I'm right, that $300-350 could come in handy!

I absolutely LOVE WL - what type of room did you book? We have always booked a woods view and stayed in the North wing. The North wing is closer to Roaring Forks (the CS) and the boat dock - but a little further from the bus stop. I will change your resort on page 29.

Okay, July peeps!
I am going to do the "unthinkable" - I am going to cancel all my ADRs except for Crystal Palace!
Uh oh, look out crazy girl! ha ha ha
We are going to be doing bfast in the cabin - so one meal down.
We are totally not opposed to CS at all - not picky eaters - as long as we "fill the hole" we'll be good.
Our favorite TS - Mexico - is usually not bad to get into with a few hours notice. Plus, we figure any TS we do will actually be more likely lunch. I'm thinking if we stick to the "off the beaten path" TS places if we do that (like Captain's at YC) then we should be fine. I'm also looking at doing place like Tangerine Cafe, Wolfgang Puck and EOS (DTD) too. We will have food at the cabin, so we can fix a sammich and chips for lunch if needed...
We can always hit Trail's End - I hear it's pretty easy to get into - or get a take-out bucket of chicken - and we are good.
It's only 3 park days - are you guys laughing at me yet???
:rotfl::rotfl:

We managed to book airfare on AirTran. We actually planned our dates around the cheaper flights (and I finagled another night out of DH so we could take advantage of cheaper flights--it adds up with 4 people). We got $59 down and $69 back, but now those flights are $145 and $350!:scared1:

Okay, July peeps!
I am going to do the "unthinkable" - I am going to cancel all my ADRs except for Crystal Palace!
We are totally not opposed to CS at all - not picky eaters - as long as we "fill the hole" we'll be good.
Our favorite TS - Mexico - is usually not bad to get into with a few hours notice. Plus, we figure any TS we do will actually be more likely lunch. I'm thinking if we stick to the "off the beaten path" TS places if we do that (like Captain's at YC) then we should be fine. I'm also looking at doing place like Tangerine Cafe, Wolfgang Puck and EOS (DTD) too. We will have food at the cabin, so we can fix a sammich and chips for lunch if needed...
We can always hit Trail's End - I hear it's pretty easy to get into - or get a take-out bucket of chicken - and we are good.
We did it last summer--we had a Hoop De Doo as our only ADR. One a rainy evening we were able to walk up to Chef Mickey's (stayed at CR) and get in. Apparently many people are no-shows when it's rainy/thunderstorming. That may be something to consider? We enjoyed not having to be somewhere to eat, and took advantage of our proximity to Epcot to go in for good CS dinners a couple times.

Okay, July peeps!

We do very few ADRs - and we have been lucky enough to get walk ups without too much of a problem. We like to eat late lunches, so that helps. We have done walk ups at the Biergarten and Coral Reef. You can always check at Guest Services - we were able to get ADRs at 50s Prime Time and Teppan Edo within a few hours. I have heard Trails End is very good - and it is a place I would like to try someday. I think it is great to be adventurous!

We managed to book airfare on AirTran. We actually planned our dates around the cheaper flights (and I finagled another night out of DH so we could take advantage of cheaper flights--it adds up with 4 people). We got $59 down and $69 back, but now those flights are $145 and $350!:scared1:

Those are some great prices!!

I had to join...all of the talk about teaching (I teach 10th and 11th grade English) and snow (we have about 40 inches) and of course the thinking about Disney each hour (Lately, I have been using it in classroom examples - parallelism: I like to research Disney, read books, and teach students. One kid recently asked, "Do you really like Disney that much?") :rolleyes1

This will be our first July trip. Our Aug. trip wasn't hot at all - simply wet (gotta love Faye:laughing:). This made for no crowd fighting. Next trip was Feb. (before Pres. weekend) so again low crowds:yay:. I am a bit nervous about July's crowds, but not really the heat. It gets pretty humid here - less sun intensity, though.:cool2:

Driving this time to stay at AKV 7/11 -7/16 and BCV 7/16 - 7/20.

You have younger kids so maybe getting up at rope drop isn't such a bad idea. The bigger crowds will be there about 11-12ish so go back to your resort..go to the pool, take a nap, whatever makes you happy. Then later at night like after 5 or 6ish go back. Its less crowded and A LOT less humid. Also take advantage of EMH nights. Thats what we do and we really don't mind the crowds.

I had to join...all of the talk about teaching (I teach 10th and 11th grade English) and snow (we have about 40 inches) and of course the thinking about Disney each hour (Lately, I have been using it in classroom examples - parallelism: I like to research Disney, read books, and teach students. One kid recently asked, "Do you really like Disney that much?") :rolleyes1

This will be our first July trip. Our Aug. trip wasn't hot at all - simply wet (gotta love Faye:laughing:). This made for no crowd fighting. Next trip was Feb. (before Pres. weekend) so again low crowds:yay:. I am a bit nervous about July's crowds, but not really the heat. It gets pretty humid here - less sun intensity, though.:cool2:

So glad you joined :welcome: I have added you to the list on page 29. My DD would LOVE to have you as a teacher!! We are from near Pittsburgh - where are you? July is crowded, but not as bad as I have sometimes seen at Easter.

Is there anyone else who would like to add their ADRs to the list?!

June 29

mdrob214: 'Ohana - 5:30pm

June 30

mdrob214: 1900 Park Fare - 5:35pm

July 1

Floridian1989: Narcoossee's - 6:10pm
NikkiLovesWDW!: Rose and Crown - 7:25pm
mdrob214: Spirit of Aloha - 8:00pm

July 2

Floridian1989: 1900 Park Fare - 9:10am
NikkiLovesWDW!: Paradiso 37 - 6:00pm
mdrob214: Yachtsman Steakhouse - 6:10pm

July 3

Floridian1989: Cinderella's Royal Table - 8:20am
mdrob214: 50s Prime Time Cafe - 12:05pm
princesskelz: Liberty Tree Tavern - 2:45pm
NikkiLovesWDW!: T-Rex Cafe - 4:00pm
Floridian1989 (parents): Victoria and Alberts - 5:30pm
Floridian1989: 50s Prime Time Cafe - 5:35pm
tinkerbell60: The Wave - 5:35pm
martinolichfamily: Cinderella's Royal Table - 5:45pm
irishdance86: Raglan Road - 8:00pm

July 4

martinolichfamily: Akershus - 8:10am
ICan'tWait: Sci-Fi Dine In - 11:10am
mdrob214: Crystal Palce - 11:55am
NikkiLovesWDW!: Les Chefs de France - 2:30pm
tinkerbell60: Le Cellier - 2:45pm
princesskelz: Le Cellier - 4:30pm
mdrob214: Liberty Tree Tavern - 5:30pm
martinolichfamily: Garden Grill - 5:35pm
mdrob214: Narcoossee's 5:45pm
Floridian1989: Liberty Tree Tavern - 6:30pm
mickeymouse108: Crystal Palace - 7:00pm
irishdance86: Planet Hollywood - 7:00pm
ICan'tWait: Rose and Crown - 7:40pm

July 5

irishdance86: Chef Mickey's - 7:00am
mdrob214: Kona Cafe - 8:10am
NikkiLovesWDW!: Donald's Safari Breakfast (Tusker House) - 8:25am
martinolichfamily: Hollywood and Vine - 8:45am
martinolichfamily: 50s Prime Time Cafe - 3:00pm
tinkerbell60: Chef Mickey's - 5:05pm
Floridian1989: California Grill - 5:35pm
princesskelz: The Wave - 5:35pm
mdrob214: Biergarten - 6:15pm

July 6

Floridian1989: Donald's Safari Breakfast (Tusker House) - 8:00am
martinolichfamily: 'Ohana - 8:20am
NikkiLovesWDW!: Whispering Canyon Cafe - 10:00am
ICan'tWait: Chef Mickeys - 10:45am
irishdance86: Sci-Fi Dine In - 2:15pm
ICan'tWait: Flying Fish - 5:45pm
mdrob214: Whispering Canyon Cafe - 6:15pm
mickeymouse108: Le Cellier - 6:25pm
princesskelz: Mama Melrose - 6:30pm
Floridian1989: Kona Cafe - 6:35pm
NikkiLovesWDW!: Kouzzina - 7:00pm
martinolichfamily: Cape May Cafe - 7:45pm

July 7

martinolichfamily: Crystal Palace - 8:20am
Floridian1989: Grand Floridian Cafe - 9:20am
NikkiLovesWDW!: Biergarten - 1:00pm
martinolichfamily: Tony's Town Square - 2:30pm
mickeymouse108: Sci-Fi Dine In - 2:35pm
princesskelz: Le Cellier - 5:15pm
ICan'tWait: Coral Reef - 5:45pm
martinolichfamily: 1900 Park Fare - 8:15pm

July 8

ICan'tWait: Donald's Safari Breakfast (Tusker House) - 8:00am
martinolichfamily: Chef Mickey's - 8:05am
princesskelz: Tutto Italia - 6:10pm
martinolichfamily: Hoop de Doo Review - 7:15pm
ICan'tWait: Boma - 7:25pm

July 9

martinolichfamily: Donald's Safari Breakfast (Tusker House) - 8:15am
princesskelz: Whispering Canyon Cafe - 1:15pm
martinolichfamily: Sci-Fi Dine In - 2:30pm
irishdance86: Le Cellier - 5:30pm
martinolichfamily: Crystal Palace - 8:45pm

July 10

martinolichfamily: Boma - 9:00am
princesskelz: 'Ohana - 6:50pm

July 11

princesskelz: Boma - 4:15pm
irishdance86: Rainforest Cafe (AK) - 6:15pm

July 12

Marshay: Tusker House - 5:00pm
princesskelz: Teppan Edo - 5:50pm
jrar4ever: 1900 Park Fare - 6:15pm

July 13

jrar4ever: Chef Mickey's 10:45am
jrar4ever: Trail's End - 7:05pm
Marshay: Rose and Crown - 7:20pm
irishdance86: California Grill - 9:00pm

July 14

Marshay: Cape May Cafe - 10:00am
jrar4ever: 50s Prime Time Care - 6:45pm

July 15

jrar4ever: Hollywood and Vine (FDP) - 4:55pm
Marshay: Teppan Edo - 6:00pm

July 16

jrar4ever: Planet Hollywood - 5:45pm

July 17

Marshay: Kona Cafe - 10:45am
DisneyMomx7: Rainforest Cafe (DTD) - 6:00pm

July 18

DisneyMomx7: 'Ohana - 7:50am
Marshay: Hollywood and Vine - 1:00pm
DisneyMomx7: Coral Reef - 7:25pm

July 19

DisneyMomx7: Captain's Grill - 7:35am
PopArtGal: Crystal Palace - 10:05am
DisneyMomx7: 50's Prime Time - 12:30pm
Marshay: Crystal Palace - 4:35pm
tinkgurl: Chef Mickey's - 7:05pm
DisneyMomx7: The Wave - 7:20pm

July 20

tinkgurl: Crystal Palace - 9:05am
DisneyMomx7: Liberty Tree Tavern - 12:30pm
tinkgurl: Spirit of Aloha - 7:15pm
DisneyMomx7: Flying Fish - 7:20pm

July 21

DisneyMomx7: Captain's Grill - 7:35 am
tinkgurl: Donald's Safari Breakfast (Tusker House) - 8:30am
DisneyMomx7: Tutto Italia - 12:10 pm
PopArtGal: - Chefs de France - 1:00pm
tinkgurl: Whispering Canyon cafe - 6:30pm
DisneyMomx7: Cape May Buffet - 7:45 pm

July 22

tinkgurl: Hollywood and Vine - 8:30am
DisneyMomx7: Captain's Grill - 12:50pm
mgsmom: Crystal Palace - 1:10pm
DisneyMomx7: 'Ohana - 7:10pm

July 23

DisneyMomx7: Cape May Cafe - 7:30am
tinkgurl: 'Ohana - 9:05am
PopArtGal: Tony's Town Square - 12:25pm
DisneyMomx7: Yak and Yeti - 12:30pm
DisneyMomx7: Rose and Crown - 7:15pm

July 24

tinkgurl: Kona Cafe - 6:50pm
LuvMySoldier: Narcoossee's - 8:15pm
DisneyMomx7: Narcoossee's - 8:30pm

July 25

DisneyMomx7: Crystal Palace - 8:10am
awaldo: Cinderella's Royal Table - 12:00pm
DisneyMomx7: The Plaza - 12:10pm
PopArtGal: Chef Mickey's - 5:15pm
tinkgurl: Cinderella's Royal Table - 5:40pm
DisneyMomx7: Liberty Tree Tavern - 6:00pm
LuvMySoldier: 'Ohana - 6:20pm

July 26

DisneyMomx7: Princess Storybook Breakfast - 8:05am
awaldo: Biergarten - 12:00pm
DisneyMomx7: Chefs de France - 12:20pm
LuvMySoldier: Le Cellier - 4:50pm
tinkgurl: Yak and Yeti - 6:30pm
figmentfan0724: Le Cellier - 7:05pm
DisneyMomx7: Le Cellier - 7:20pm

July 27

DisneyMomx7: Cinderella's Royal Table - 11:45am
DisneyMomx7: Mama Melrose FDP - 4:45pm
tinkgurl: The Wave - 6:45pm
awaldo: Hood de doo Review - 7:15pm
figmentfan0724: California Grill - 9:00pm

July 28

DisneyMomx7: Sci-Fi Dine In - 11:45am
figmentfan0724: Surf Club - 6:10pm
tinkgurl: Mama Melrose - 6:35pm
DisneyMomx7: Tutto Italia - 7:20pm

July 29

LuvMySoldier: Teppan Edo - 6:00pm
tinkgurl: 1900 Park Fare - 6:25pm
DisneyMomx7: Wolfgang Puck Cafe - 7:30pm
figmentfan0724: Hollywood Brown Derby - ?

July 30

DisneyMomx7: Cape May Buffet - 9:45am
DisneyMomx7: Grandview Tea Rooms - 3:50pm
LuvMySoldier: Yachtsman Steakhouse - 5:30pm
PopArtGal: Tony's Town Square - 6:00pm
tinkgurl: Tony's Town Square - 6:30pm
DisneyMomx7: Narcoossee's - 8:30pm

July 31

DisneyMomx7: Kouzzina - 7:30am
DisneyMomx7: Mama Melrose - 12:25pm
DisneyMomx7: California Grili - 7:50pm

August 1

DisneyMomx7: Chef Mickey's - 9:25am
DisneyMomx7: Kona Cafe - 6:25pm

Welcome to our thread!! Isn't it amazing how the thought of Disney can get you through this long, snowy winter?! You'll be fine in July as long as you are prepared for the heat and crowds. Make sure you have some down time planned in there, drink lots of water, get to the parks early, use FPs wisely and don't expect to get it all done!

Any dining plans yet? I can add them to the list on the top of page 7 for you!

Okay, July peeps!

:scared1:

Just kidding! If you're not on the dining plan, I dont think it's necessary to have ADRs. You'll be fine!

Okay, so I did it! I kept the CP ADR but the others are gone! I'm actually glad - I was wondering when I'd have time to try the Taingerine Cafe (sp?) that I've heard so much about at Epcot.
We'll see how it goes - I'm totally okay with living on turkey legs for 3 days if necessary... hey, how many times have I mentioned those "#(&@ turkey legs...

:rotfl2:

So has anyone here tried the new hot air balloon ride at DTD. I think it looks really cool and it is not too expensive so I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences to share.

Okay, so I did it! I kept the CP ADR but the others are gone! I'm actually glad - I was wondering when I'd have time to try the Taingerine Cafe (sp?) that I've heard so much about at Epcot.
We'll see how it goes - I'm totally okay with living on turkey legs for 3 days if necessary... hey, how many times have I mentioned those "#(&@ turkey legs...

:rotfl2:

There are plenty of decent CS out there to try. We liked the CS in France and Japan too. Another good one is Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion. We also liked Flame Tree BBQ at AK. Check out the menus at All Ears.net
I am sure you will be fine, you will have to let us know how it went when we all get back!

So has anyone here tried the new hot air balloon ride at DTD. I think it looks really cool and it is not too expensive so I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences to share.

My family (DH DS DD) did it last summer. I am afraid of heights so I watched. They really enjoyed it a lot. They were amazed at how far you could see. The downside is that you stand for the entire trip. The line was not very long, but it does take time to load/unload plus the trip up and down is slow. So, make sure you are not in a hurry when you go. I think we were there early afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter