*OFFICIAL* July 2010 Thread! It’s Hot. It’s Crowded. AND WE LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never joined one of these lists before (long time lurker!), but my family will be there 7/1 - 7/7 (staying at BLT). There will be 11 of us:scared1: My brother's birthday is the fourth, my parents 35th anniversary is the 5th. This is the second time all 11 of us will be going (parents, brother, sisters, BIL, SIL and nieces). We have been to WDW over 30 times, but never in July. Any advice for the 4th?:)

Welcome!!!! We will be there the same time.

Obviously you know it will be very crowded and hot! A specific piece of advice that might help you is to split up into smaller groups at times. It will be really difficult to keep all 11 of you happy and together while trying to fight the crowds. Of course, you can plan certain meals or times when you will all want to be together but if everyone wants to do different things, splitting up might really help.

Keep us posted on your plans!

Also, definitely plan some dining reservations! And let me know what you decide and I will add you to the master list on the top of page 7.

Thanks for the warm welcome! All of our ADRs are booked (was on the phone @ 5 am mountain time at the 180 mark). We even were able to get an unexpected breakfast at CRT! We've been at Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving week, so it's about time we did the 4th! Our most recent trip was last, so I'm guessing the weather won't be that different. The crowds will just be a whole lot worse!

The plan is to be in the MK on the fourth. The backup plan is watching the fireworks from the beach at the poly (with a lapu lapu!). Here's our ADRs:

7/1: Narcoossee's 6:10pm
7/2: 1900 @ 9:10am
7/3: CRT @ 8:20am
7/3: V&A @ 5:30 (parents)
7/3: 50s Prime Time @ 5:35
7/4: LTT @ 6:30
7/5: California Grill @ 5:45
7/6: Donald's Safari @ 8:00 am
7/6: Kona Café @ 6:35 pm
7/7: GF Café @ 9:20 am

It seems that maybe the CRT demand is a little overstated. I was playing around with the online res system, since I'm not to my 180 day window yet, and as of noon today I could still get CRT for the first open day (25th) for breakfast or lunch. I will still be online Tuesday at 4 AM, don't get me wrong, but it seems like they don't get snapped up immediately like everyone seems to think.

I almost think that the novelty has worn off, which is why it seems easier to get now than before. We had tried for the CRT breakfast for several of our trips and were never able to get it. I asked it was available when I called for ADRs for this trip and they had availability for 11 (i was a little surprised). We're traveling with a 3 & 4 yr old girls, so we figured we would try it this time around.

I almost think that the novelty has worn off, which is why it seems easier to get now than before. We had tried for the CRT breakfast for several of our trips and were never able to get it. I asked it was available when I called for ADRs for this trip and they had availability for 11 (i was a little surprised). We're traveling with a 3 & 4 yr old girls, so we figured we would try it this time around.

My Daughters are 5 and 2, so we HAVE to do this. Last time, we went to lunch, and quite honestly, I thought it was a better value. Still overpriced, don't get me wrong, but better than breakfast at least. So, I will be online dark and early to lock up a CRT lunch for the 25th.

Thanks for the warm welcome! All of our ADRs are booked (was on the phone @ 5 am mountain time at the 180 mark). We even were able to get an unexpected breakfast at CRT! We've been at Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving week, so it's about time we did the 4th! Our most recent trip was last, so I'm guessing the weather won't be that different. The crowds will just be a whole lot worse!

The plan is to be in the MK on the fourth. The backup plan is watching the fireworks from the beach at the poly (with a lapu lapu!). Here's our ADRs:

7/1: Narcoossee's 6:10pm
7/2: 1900 @ 9:10am
7/3: CRT @ 8:20am
7/3: V&A @ 5:30 (parents)
7/3: 50s Prime Time @ 5:35
7/4: LTT @ 6:30
7/5: California Grill @ 5:45
7/6: Donald's Safari @ 8:00 am
7/6: Kona Café @ 6:35 pm
7/7: GF Café @ 9:20 am

I added you to the master list of ADRs on the top of page 7!! Great choices! Are all 11 of you eating together for most of them?

Yup, the whole big gang is eating together! Most of the places are traditions - the only place on there that we haven't done before is Cali Grill.

Here are my super-exciting ADRs! ha!
We are not doing dining plan, and will likely use our kitchen a lot to help save costs. BUT, I thought I'd line up at least one "good meal" a day for non-travel days! I should probably do one for Trail's End the day we get there... I'll let you know if I add that one. The day we leave will def be a light breakfast - got to stay awake in the car!

7/22: Crystal Palace @ 1:10 (DD's first visit to MK!)
7/23: San Angel Inn @ 7:00 (sentimental favorite)
7/24: Biergarten @ 1:00 (thought DH might like that one)

We are not doing dining plan, and will likely use our kitchen a lot to help save costs. BUT, I thought I'd line up at least one "good meal" a day for non-travel days! I should probably do one for Trail's End the day we get there... I'll let you know if I add that one. The day we leave will def be a light breakfast - got to stay awake in the car!

1/22: Crystal Palace @ 1:10 (DD's first visit to MK!)
1/23: San Angel Inn @ 7:00 (sentimental favorite)
1/24: Biergarten @ 1:00 (thought DH might like that one)

Gosh we loved Biergarten last July when we went there. It is a must for us now. Your husband will love it, for sure.

Sorry - I had 1's on my dates! I fixed it!

I'm glad to hear you like the Biergarten - it just sounded like fun!

7/22: Crystal Palace @ 1:10 (DD's first visit to MK!)
7/23: San Angel Inn @ 7:00 (sentimental favorite)
7/24: Biergarten @ 1:00 (thought DH might like that one)

:thumbsup2 I added you to the list on the top of page 7!

We loved the Beirgarten too! Ate there for the first time last July and are going back this time! :thumbsup2

Made my ADR's this morning!

7/24- Narcoosee's @ 8:15 ( so we can watch wishes!)
7/25- Ohana @ 6:20
7/26- Le Cellier @ 4:50
7/29- Teppan Edo @ 6:00
7/30- Yachtsman Steakhouse @ 5:30pm

We are planning on adding some breakfasts and/or lunches but have no idea where yet. I am trying to convince dbf to try chef mickeys or crystal palace for breakfast but he doesnt really like the characters lol. Also i looked at the menu for Paradiso 37 and it looks really good so we might try it one night for dinner but you cant make reservations for it.

One down, several to go.

7/25 - Cinderellas Royal Table - 12:00 PM

Since we're S/D, we have to make our ADRs day by day. Blah.

Made my ADR's this morning!

7/24- Narcoosee's @ 8:15 ( so we can watch wishes!)
7/25- Ohana @ 6:20
7/26- Le Cellier @ 4:50
7/29- Teppan Edo @ 6:00
7/30- Yachtsman Steakhouse @ 5:30pm

We are planning on adding some breakfasts and/or lunches but have no idea where yet. I am trying to convince dbf to try chef mickeys or crystal palace for breakfast but he doesnt really like the characters lol. Also i looked at the menu for Paradiso 37 and it looks really good so we might try it one night for dinner but you cant make reservations for it.

:thumbsup2 We have our first potential meet! You and DisneyMomx7 will be at Narcoossee's at the same time!

One down, several to go.

7/25 - Cinderellas Royal Table - 12:00 PM

Since we're S/D, we have to make our ADRs day by day. Blah.

Added you to the list on the top of page 7! :thumbsup2 Good luck with the rest!

Hi all, looksl like we may be in Disney 7/18-7/30. I have never been in mid July & am nervous about the crowds. Anyone been in mid July before have any comments on their experience.

Hoping to book the Beach Club. If not then maybe 2 rooms at a value.

Is breakfast at 1900 parkfare worth it?

We ate there for breakfast in October. The buffet was fresh & delicious. They had make your own omelets, some tatsy egg dish (not sure what it was called), fruits, danishes, etc. Pooh, Tigger, Alice, & Mary Poppins were there. The Mad Hatter spent a long time at our table joking around with my kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter