OFFICIAL JULY 2009 THREAD!!! (Part 2) It's here!!

Come on over and join our December 09 thread. It is not as active as this one was but Janet and I and Disneybarbie are both going back in December. There have been some good tips posted. Hope to see you on the otherside soon.

Thanks, I believe I will! Also, if anyone could approve me for the facebook group, I'd really appreciate it (sorry, Idon't know who is taking care of that!).

it's really starting to dwindle down over here. I hope yall are all still active on the facebook page as I am sans computer at home right now (It seems it will be another week before I will have it bacik) I haven't been able to keep up with you guys and I sure miss the comaraderie . You all are a great bunch.

Hey guys!!! Just checking in with my July buddies! I have had a terrible week.

My cat, who also happens to be my son and my best friend, passed away on Tuesday after two weeks of being sick. Then with all the emotional trauma of what had been going on, I overslept for the first time ever yesterday and was late for work!!! And I'm a teacher!!! Any other job, it's no big deal but I had children waiting for me! Luckily, my principal was very understanding (me crying hysterically probably helped) and my friends and I were able to laugh about it today.

BUT, the good news?? Exactly 2 weeks from RIGHT NOW, I will be at my very first MNSSHP!!!

My cat, who also happens to be my son and my best friend, passed away on Tuesday after two weeks of being sick. Then with all the emotional trauma of what had been going on, I overslept for the first time ever yesterday and was late for work!!! And I'm a teacher!!! Any other job, it's no big deal but I had children waiting for me! Luckily, my principal was very understanding (me crying hysterically probably helped) and my friends and I were able to laugh about it today.

BUT, the good news?? Exactly 2 weeks from RIGHT NOW, I will be at my very first MNSSHP!!!

Sorry to hear about your cat :(

You will have a great time at the party, we went last year and it was awesome!

Hey guys, Just felt the need to let everyone now that Flipflopmom's father lost his battle to recover from his Kidney cancer on Saturday. Many of you will remember her posting about his illness and the struggles he had making it to the surgery.

I am sure she will accept all the prayer and positive thoughts we can send her way.

Nikkie I am so sorry that your baby is gone. It is very difficult when we lose anything that we have come to love and depend on.

Well I hope this post finds everyone making the best of whatever life has to offer. Miss ya all, Lois

What sad news. I feel so bad for Taryn - she had worried so much.

Nikki - my thoughts are with you too - losing a pet is awful - and they are like your kids.

I really miss the fun we had on this board all last spring and summer. Especially now - with all the bad news.

Hey guys, Just felt the need to let everyone now that Flipflopmom's father lost his battle to recover from his Kidney cancer on Saturday. Many of you will remember her posting about his illness and the struggles he had making it to the surgery.

I am sure she will accept all the prayer and positive thoughts we can send her way.

Nikkie I am so sorry that your baby is gone. It is very difficult when we lose anything that we have come to love and depend on.

Well I hope this post finds everyone making the best of whatever life has to offer. Miss ya all, Lois

Thanks for letting us know, Lois. Tarn, my prayers are with you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

It's gotten so quiet over here...guess I need to be more active on the Facebook group! Looking forward to our first MNSSHP in a few weeks...still have to figure out costumes!

I've been a little absent from the July board. Mostly keeping up on facebook. I am trying to catch up. Missed you Nikki. I don't have you on facebook. Enjoy MNSSHP. We went last year. I'm sad that we won't be going this year, but we're getting a new puppy, so we won't be able to leave him to go on vacation for a while. We're planning to make EPCOT flower & garden at the end of march. Its my favorite Disney special event.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. It is so hard to lose a pet. :hug: I'm glad your principal was so understanding about you being late. I can't wait to read your report on MNSSHP. You will do one right?

Mindy

That is an awesome Idea now I just have to find the time to visit all the resorts. We are staying at Allstar Music again. I just can't spend the money on a room when we are not there that much.

If they still do it this year. In 2007 at the Holiday time, they had a life sized gingerbread house made out of REAL gingerbread in the lobby of The Grand Floridian. There were cast members inside it as they used it as a kiosk to sell cocoa and treats. The smell was awesome!!! I got some photos of it. Let me try to post.

3167_77893507893_674127893_1859404_2158311_n.jpg

3167_77893512893_674127893_1859405_2404798_n.jpg

If they still do it this year. In 2007 at the Holiday time, they had a life sized gingerbread house made out of REAL gingerbread in the lobby of The Grand Floridian. There were cast members inside it as they used it as a kiosk to sell cocoa and treats. The smell was awesome!!! I got some photos of it. Let me try to post.

3167_77893507893_674127893_1859404_2158311_n.jpg

3167_77893512893_674127893_1859405_2404798_n.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. We will try to see if we can't find some time to visit the resorts. Lois

Here are some wedding pictures.

this one is my DH, me, Lily (bride), DS Max, DD Heidi.
9534_137286481444_520681444_2404881_6763067_n.jpg

Bride and Groom:
9534_137505126444_520681444_2407457_1888069_n.jpg

the cake:
9534_137381801444_520681444_2406089_790999_n.jpg

buffet:
9534_137630551444_520681444_2408313_2191944_n.jpg

the little girls:
9534_137711741444_520681444_2409307_1422467_s.jpg

Hey everyone!!! Just wanted to check in with my summer friends! Hope everyone is having a nice Fall season! I just turned my heat on for the first time tonight...it was 65 degrees in here, it was time!

Hi everyone! I went to MNSSHP with my girls last Friday night -- it was SO much fun! We're already planning to go back next year. The only problem was that it was horribly hot -- like July hot, seriously. They were having a heat wave in Florida last weekend. We were still sweating at 11 pm at night -- hot, humid, and no breeze at all. But it was great water park weather -- we went to both water parks and there were no lines at all. Loved it!

Remember how stressed I was about my parents' day at Epcot in July? They loved it so much that they are now Disney addicts. LOL They went last weekend with us (we went to the party and the water parks; they spent Saturday at Epcot and AK). They had me book another quick weekend trip (1 park day) for them in December, but after they got home from last weekend they decided they wanted to make it two park days so I need to change their reservations. They LOVE it. In fact, we're going to try to organize a huge family trip (my parents, us, and my four siblings and their spouses and kids) in 2011. I hope we can pull it off!!!

We're also planning to go to MVMCP next year. Already excited!

Hi everyone! I went to MNSSHP with my girls last Friday night -- it was SO much fun! We're already planning to go back next year. The only problem was that it was horribly hot -- like July hot, seriously. They were having a heat wave in Florida last weekend. We were still sweating at 11 pm at night -- hot, humid, and no breeze at all. But it was great water park weather -- we went to both water parks and there were no lines at all. Loved it!

Remember how stressed I was about my parents' day at Epcot in July? They loved it so much that they are now Disney addicts. LOL They went last weekend with us (we went to the party and the water parks; they spent Saturday at Epcot and AK). They had me book another quick weekend trip (1 park day) for them in December, but after they got home from last weekend they decided they wanted to make it two park days so I need to change their reservations. They LOVE it. In fact, we're going to try to organize a huge family trip (my parents, us, and my four siblings and their spouses and kids) in 2011. I hope we can pull it off!!!

We're also planning to go to MVMCP next year. Already excited!

That is so wonderful. I wish my mother in law had been that excited about it. She's done. Oh well. It sounds to me like your parents just might want to look into buying a membership in the Disney Vacation Club. You all are close enough that you really could maximize membership. I am so jealous of your nearness to Disney. Its such a schlepp from here in the Washington DC suburbs. We're going with another family for spring break. We've already depleted half our DVCpoints for next year (with our large and long July) so we're banking the points so that 2011 will be awesome and we're paying cash. Probably will stay at the Pop. Love the Pop. Not as much as Saratoga mind you, but for prices, you can't beat it. And it IS fun. I wish we were able to go for Christmas. There is NO place I'd rather be!!:yay:

West is one lucky little boy to be able to have such an awesome 6th birthday. Heidi wanted so much to spend her 7th birthday at Disney. She's July 1, but we made it by the 12th. Close.

It is so cold here. It is 39.9 degrees!! All I can think about is how lovely it was last year when we went to MNSSHP, exactly one year ago this week!

Nikki, did you join our July Disboard facebook group yet? We're keeping up!:hug:

Hi everyone!

I'm still here lol - it kinda makes me said when I see "reply to Official July" emails in my inbox because that vacation seems sooo long ago!
I'm still working on my TR lol... 14 day vacation sure takes a long time to write up! i'm almost at the day when I met Jenny & Vinnie for our Illuminations Cruise (mrsdisneyb2b & hubby!).. stay tuned!

I've been busy studying for two accountancy exams at the end of next month.. the only thing getting my through it is knowing that I'm going back to WDW in 54 days with my sister! :yay:
Can't wait to be there for the holiday decorations & with someone who totally 100% 'gets it' :wizard:

Also... DBF and I were talking about wdw a few weeks ago (it is a popular topic of conversation in our house!) and we are hoping to go on vacation next year .... 3 days in NYC & then 6 days in WDW :cool1: ... probably go early December 2010 :santa: ... but now I just heard about the Food & Wine Festival half marathon event in October and I now I'm not sure?! ... I don't mind though, as long as I know I'm going back to my favouritest place in the world next year :goodvibes

Ooh.. other exciting news.... I joined D23!! I wanted to join as soon as I heard about it in March, but I had to wait for my bday as the cost was $75 + tax + $50 postage :scared1:
I got my membership pack this week & a welcome gift (exclusive poster of Mickey!) .. and my Disney Store D23 account has just been activated today... so I'm off to that website to buy some merchandise :thumbsup2

Love & Pixie Dust to all

Emma princess: x x x

Just saying hey to everyone. Thanks for all the notes on FB and here. It's been a REALLY, REALLY hard time, and I am still going through the motions most of the time.

Just saying Hi as well! So is anyone in the group planning on going July 2010? We are thinking about going back for July 4th week again. Anyone else?

Just saying hey to everyone. Thanks for all the notes on FB and here. It's been a REALLY, REALLY hard time, and I am still going through the motions most of the time.

Happy to see you toucing base. That really is a big part of finding that new normal. As Dora would say" Just keep Swimming"

Just saying Hi as well! So is anyone in the group planning on going July 2010? We are thinking about going back for July 4th week again. Anyone else?

Janet and I are going in about three weeks. Can't wait to see all the christmas decoration up. I am expected that this will be my new best time to visit. WE will see. Only 23 day before we are back. But that means we will NOT be going next summer. Do have a Wonderful visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter