***Official January 2023 Thread***

Interested to know if you were trying to make a reservation at Hollywood Studios on 1/15.

So far I haven't seen a single reservation available that day. Which is beyond strange.
Not HS but MK. There isn't anything for any restaurant all day at MK. I find that odd.

Not HS but MK. There isn't anything for any restaurant all day at MK. I find that odd.
When I search, EPCOT and AK show availability, but nothing for MK or HS. Which is not normal. This is my 8th trip to Disney on either MLK or President's Day weekend and I have NEVER seen zero open reservations. I've been on the phone with Disney Dining and IT twice, once yesterday and once today.

Today, after more than an hour and being transferred 3 times, I was told that the HS hadn't released all of their reservation times and to keep checking. I was polite to the CM, but explained how that is ridiculous and that I want my recorded call forwarded onto management. I don't understand how if you only give 60 days in advance to make reservations, how can you not have your reservation times ready to go. Sadly, January 16 is doing the exact same thing, nothing open at HS or MK. My 60+ day was Sunday, so I've been searching since Sunday for lunch and dinner reservations for the 15th.

When I search, EPCOT and AK show availability, but nothing for MK or HS. Which is not normal. This is my 8th trip to Disney on either MLK or President's Day weekend and I have NEVER seen zero open reservations. I've been on the phone with Disney Dining and IT twice, once yesterday and once today.

Today, after more than an hour and being transferred 3 times, I was told that the HS hadn't released all of their reservation times and to keep checking. I was polite to the CM, but explained how that is ridiculous and that I want my recorded call forwarded onto management. I don't understand how if you only give 60 days in advance to make reservations, how can you not have your reservation times ready to go. Sadly, January 16 is doing the exact same thing, nothing open at HS or MK. My 60+ day was Sunday, so I've been searching since Sunday for lunch and dinner reservations for the 15th.
I guess this makes me feel a little bit better. Since reservation times have not been released there is still a chance. I do find the situation ridiculous.

There comes a time when I want to quit planning, searching, making modifications. We leave for WDW this Saturday morning and then another trip in January, I am spent and need a vacation from planning vacations!

We are booked for the Swan on 1/19-1/26 but now have an opportunity to stay at the JW at Bonnet Creek and save a few hundred dollars. I have been to the Swan multiple times and while not great, we like the location with walks to Epcot and DHS. Does anyone have any advice between the two?

I love traveling solo because it's easy to find a seat at a bar on a whim! I've done table service solo in WDW and the meal always moves quickly (I swear my food always comes out way faster than neighboring tables), but if you want to linger definitely sit at a bar for your meal. I can't say if you'll have luck at the Space 220 lounge because I'm not sure how many walk-up bar seats they have, but the Steakhouse 71 bar is pretty spacious. I also love places like Nomad Lounge in DAK as a solo diner.
Thank you for this info! I'm going to try first for a reservation at the Space 200 Lounge but if I can't get one, then I'll try walk-up.

Update: This appears to have been a glitch following the most recent system downtime. Previous cancellation policies remain in effect.

This is great news!

Disney World Now Allows Same-Day Cancelation of Dining Reservations in My Disney Experience App

FYI. This appears to have been a glitch for now. Curious if they were testing something though.
Word on the street is that they were testing something, and being able to cancel ADRs up to 2 hours in advance is now back to being official??

Also, ticket price increases are rumored to start December 8th.

For anyone who's 60 day ADR opened today be aware, HS and MK haven't dropped their dining reservation times, yet. Don't ask me how this is okay, it isn't, but it is happening.
If you search for any time slot on January 15 nothing (but Oga's) shows for HS and nothing shows for MK. I am seeing the same type of result for January 16.
Don't waste your time calling, I've already called twice, just to be told, "keep checking back".
My 60 +4 opened on Sunday, so for 3, going on 4 days, I've been checking to see if times have opened. I am beyond frustrated. I have multiple alerts set so when times open, I will receive an email.

For anyone who's 60 day ADR opened today be aware, HS and MK haven't dropped their dining reservation times, yet. Don't ask me how this is okay, it isn't, but it is happening.
If you search for any time slot on January 15 nothing (but Oga's) shows for HS and nothing shows for MK. I am seeing the same type of result for January 16.
Don't waste your time calling, I've already called twice, just to be told, "keep checking back".
My 60 +4 opened on Sunday, so for 3, going on 4 days, I've been checking to see if times have opened. I am beyond frustrated. I have multiple alerts set so when times open, I will receive an email.

I just checked Be our Guest, Crystal Palace, 50's Prime Time on Mouse Dinning. For Jan 14th and there is ton open.

Yes, but nothing on the 15th or 16th.
lol, might help if I read it right. Sorry, I wonder if they are day behind that sucks. Tomorrow is my day. Staying up to midnight for a few things and then 545am for dinning. I have noticed in the past the alerts work the following day past 60days.

lol, might help if I read it right. Sorry, I wonder if they are day behind that sucks. Tomorrow is my day. Staying up to midnight for a few things and then 545am for dinning. I have noticed in the past the alerts work the following day past 60days.
Hopefully, things are all loading for you for tomorrow. But don't be shocked if they aren't!

Jan 2-6 at Pop Century and Jan 8-14 at Art of Animation. DH and I will spend the first week enjoying the parks alone. We'll leave for a nearby resort to rest over the weekend and then the kids and grandkids will join us the following week. It's the grandkids first trip to Disney and we're excited to experience it with them!

Jan 2-6 at Pop Century and Jan 8-14 at Art of Animation. DH and I will spend the first week enjoying the parks alone. We'll leave for a nearby resort to rest over the weekend and then the kids and grandkids will join us the following week. It's the grandkids first trip to Disney and we're excited to experience it with them!
Yay for first trips! You've been added!

We are booked for the Swan on 1/19-1/26 but now have an opportunity to stay at the JW at Bonnet Creek and save a few hundred dollars. I have been to the Swan multiple times and while not great, we like the location with walks to Epcot and DHS. Does anyone have any advice between the two?
I've never stayed at either resort, so unfortunately, I don't have any first-hand advice. Although we generally follow the money and choose the discount, the Swan location is hard to beat!

Will you be spending most of your time at HS or Epcot? Does it interest you to experience a new resort, even if to rule it in or out for future trips?

Can you do a split stay and book both??

Dec 24-Jan 6th at Fort Wilderness!! Sooooo excited. I kept clicking park reservations for the last two days like a psychopath and managed to get our first day in MK!! Also, by some amazing stroke of luck, CRT that same day. DS16 knows about the trip, but will be a surprise trip for DS10, DD8 and DS5. I am in my happy place right now as I put together our ADRs and park strategies.

Dec 24-Jan 6th at Fort Wilderness!! Sooooo excited. I kept clicking park reservations for the last two days like a psychopath and managed to get our first day in MK!! Also, by some amazing stroke of luck, CRT that same day. DS16 knows about the trip, but will be a surprise trip for DS10, DD8 and DS5. I am in my happy place right now as I put together our ADRs and park strategies.
Yay for surprises! You've been added!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter