***Official January 2023 Thread***

Skyliner is the best. It’s like a ride in and of itself. We’ve stayed at AOA multiple times just for the Skyliner (over deluxe). Waits in the morning can get up to 40+ mins and CB queue can be really bad and out in the sun; install a radar app so you know if thunderstorms are approaching. The Skyliner shuts down and there is no announcement at Epcot. We walked from Test Track to the Skyliner and back to the buses (1.5 hr long line).
Curious what time of year you saw the 40+ waits. I didn’t think we’d have to faction that in for January, but maybe I’m wrong. We used it in October of 2019 with barely any waits ever, but that was a long time ago. We’ll be there January 13-21.

Curious what time of year you saw the 40+ waits. I didn’t think we’d have to faction that in for January, but maybe I’m wrong. We used it in October of 2019 with barely any waits ever, but that was a long time ago. We’ll be there January 13-21.
Nov 2021 (first week - Jersey week+Run Disney event)

Nov 2021 (first week - Jersey week+Run Disney event)
Yikes! Now I’m even more worried! Touring Plans shows those dates had crowd levels of mostly 1s and 2s, some 3s. A rare 4 or 5. So what kind of wait am I in for with expected crowds of 6-7 if you had 40 minute waits? Nuts.

Hi. Can I ask what app you used to get your countdown on a widget on your home screen
Sure! I have the Unofficial Countdown For WDW Lite on my phone (I have an android)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221106_101548_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20221106_101548_One UI Home.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1
Today was our 60 day reservation window! Not that I had anything super difficult planned, but I still like to get everything booked right away. I can always tweak later!

I booked Skippers Canteen for lunch on 1/6, dinner at Tony's Town Square (my 1st time) for dinner also on 1/6 so I can Carbo load for the next morning's 1/2 marathon, lol. And I booked Tusker House lunch for our departure day of 1/10 since I love it there and heard they're finally bringing back the full buffet rather than family style! (also, gotta get the boyfriend into a character meal, lol)

I also managed to snag the Up Close With Rhinos tour for our departure day as well! I had originally planned to get it for 1/8 but there was no availability, but 1/10 works perfectly with the tour at 11 and lunch at 12:25!

I also finally got plane tix yesterday! I've been tracking prices but hadn't really looked well in a while. I found I could get round-trip tix on Jetblue at perfect times and cover both our tix completely with my Jetblue points! WOOHOO!

We just got back from a vacation to New Orleans last week, so all my planning focus and energy had been there for a while. But now, I'm suddenly 60 days out from WDW and it's suddenly feeling really real, lol.

Hi! I was having trouble making dining reservations during my on-site resort stay window, but I called and had no problem securing a few reservations (my wait Friday afternoon was ~45 minutes).

Also, I did try to make reservations for any of the Fantasmic dining packages and I couldn't get anything to come up. Have they been released for January yet? If not, do we know when that might happen?

Hi! I was having trouble making dining reservations during my on-site resort stay window, but I called and had no problem securing a few reservations (my wait Friday afternoon was ~45 minutes).

Also, I did try to make reservations for any of the Fantasmic dining packages and I couldn't get anything to come up. Have they been released for January yet? If not, do we know when that might happen?
We’re waiting for FDP

https://www.disboards.com/threads/fantasmic-dining-packages-for-january.3900882/page-2#post-64412401

Its not available for Jan yet, but hopefully soon!

Anyone who's ADR window is open, how has it been trying to get what you want? our on-site window opens up next week and I'm feeling extremely anxious. Working with a travel agent and she assures me she will handle it but I'm having a hard time "letting go" of the planning. The main things we want are Disney JR Breakfast @ Hollywood & Vine, Chef Mickeys and Bibiddi Bobiddi Boutique for two kids (not dining I know) we are 70 days out and my anxiety is really getting the best of me 😔

Anyone who's ADR window is open, how has it been trying to get what you want? our on-site window opens up next week and I'm feeling extremely anxious. Working with a travel agent and she assures me she will handle it but I'm having a hard time "letting go" of the planning. The main things we want are Disney JR Breakfast @ Hollywood & Vine, Chef Mickeys and Bibiddi Bobiddi Boutique for two kids (not dining I know) we are 70 days out and my anxiety is really getting the best of me 😔
Mine opens Friday will come back and report

Not sure where to ask this question ....i currently have resort reservations for a split stay but am hoping to change entire reservation to a single resort so if I make ADRs under my first current reservation and then make a new reservation with a different reservation number would I lose my ADRs?

Not sure where to ask this question ....i currently have resort reservations for a split stay but am hoping to change entire reservation to a single resort so if I make ADRs under my first current reservation and then make a new reservation with a different reservation number would I lose my ADRs?
As far as I know, you would not lose your ADRs. I believe the only time resorts and ADRs 'talk' to each other is for booking purposes and getting the 60+10 advantage.

After that, they should remain on your account, even if your original resort reservation is modified or removed.

If anyone is aware of anything different or recent policy changes, please let us know!

I check multiple times a day and have alerts setup and there is nothing for the Fantasmic dining package yet. Ugh so frustrating.

January won’t be as bad as December. Maybe Chef Mickeys might be hard to book. I would honestly look at Topolinos for breakfast instead. The food can double as a lunch after 11 am. If you have a 7 day trip you can easily get it 60+6 onwards.

We’re at the Poly and hoping to do Topolinos for breakfast on checkout day (if flights mess up again; already changed once; then would have to give up - had to give up Space220 lounge in March).

Hello ! I easily booked my dining at the 60 day window this morning, all online, no problems. Well, I did have to enter my cc info each time so that did slow me down. I feel like in previous years my saved cc info showed up as an option. I was on a laptop using Chrome as my browser.

So I had to decide which reservation was more important: O'hana's or CA Grill on the exact days I wanted. I ended up going for O'hana's first and then also was able to get CA Grill but on a different day (we are on Plan version 5 now). I then moved to places I had no flexibility on: HS and Epcot. I was able to get Sci-Fi Dine in and Oga's; and at Epcot, a Space 220 Lounge at lunch time. Oga's confused me for a minute, because it says you are booking lunch or dinner and I'm thinking, um, no, they only have drinks and 2 bar food choices...so I was able to book Oga's as lunch and then added a dinner not soon afterwards. We'll need to eat because I remember the drinks being strong! I have been once, but the family has not so I am super excited to see what they will think of Oga's! And no one in our family has been up to see Space 220. I decided to try for the Lounge experience instead of a full meal.

All in all a super morning and now I get to add the dining to the big plans !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter