*~*~*~*Official January 2017 Thread*~*~*~*~

Noticed some hours changes for the first few days in January... seems they are closing MK a bit earlier. Sorry if it is old news. Also noticed that AK is now open until 7PM for the MLK week... not sure if the rest of the month has changed or not, but seems to suggest some type of evening activity in January.

Really hoping for some good deals to be announced soon. I would love to be able to save some money or get a cool upgrade!
Could you post a link of the modified hours please?

Hello again Disboards!

Finally back on forums after a break (two kids now so less time :()

And what a better way to come back than announcing we're going back to WDW, for the first time in January.

We'll be there Jan. 17-26th. Can't wait!

Could you post a link of the modified hours please?

I mostly just looked through the disney website, https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/

but there are a few other places that have them listed too... Some don't have the same hours as the Disney website, so not sure who is updated most recently, but I suppose I trust the WDW site the most.

Kenny the Pirate has this: scroll down and click on the week you are interested in. We are there MLK week and AK is open until 7 according to this and the WDW site.
http://www.kennythepirate.com/2014/...endar-with-dining-and-fastpass-booking-dates/

We are booked at POFQ for Dec. 29 - Jan. 5th :)
Excited to start the new year at DW! :thumbsup2
No ADR's for Jan.1st to the 5th. We're just going to fly by the seat of our pants. :hyper:

Hello again Disboards!

Finally back on forums after a break (two kids now so less time :()

And what a better way to come back than announcing we're going back to WDW, for the first time in January.

We'll be there Jan. 17-26th. Can't wait!

Congrats! Where are you staying?

Hello!
So excited that we are booked at POFQ from Jan 17-28. Travelling with my DH and our two sons, 4 & 2. Hoping that discounts are released soon! That rack rate price makes me nervous!

Booking soon for Jan. 7th-15th! Already got the plane tickets, just waiting on our new Disney Visas to book the rest! My birthday is the 11th and I can't wait to celebrate in WDW this year!

ETA: Turns out you can book through Disney website with your Disney Visa before you actually get it, so we're all booked!

Last edited:
I just double checked our flight prices and they went down $60! Score! I re-booked and now we have flights for two adults roundtrip for $315 :teeth:

Managed to call this morning and add the room discount to our package stay at POFQ.

Play, Stay, and Dine is not available for POFQ, but I was able to save just over $100 on the river view room for our one week stay in January. Not a bunch of cash, but it is what we expected based on last year's deals.

Since they threw out so many deals for this fall, I am hopeful that there may be more offers later in the year, if bookings are down.

We booked this morning January 21-25 at Pop! This will be a Christmas present for my 10y daughter. I hope I can keep it a secret that long!!

We just booked this morning also for Jan 21-27 at CBR :) It has been 4 long years since our last trip and we are looking forward to surprising our 12, 8 and 6 year olds.

Booked at Pop Century from Jan 4-11! Going to be meeting some friends who are doing the marathon, it should be fun. We're not marathoners, we're happy to watch!

DH has a work conference in Orlando January 10-12, so of course I'm taking this excuse to go with him and play! :) Still trying to figure out a few things:
1) I feel a bit bad about leaving my kids to go. DH and I are doing a RC cruise in February, so we had already planned a couples trip for the year . . .. but a chance to go to WDW is too tempting. My mom is watching the kids during the cruise, so I will probably ask my MIL for January.
2) Will probably be myself for quite a bit of trip (which I'm totally fine with. In my signature is a TR from my first solo day at Disney this past Feb).
3) DH doesn't know the details of where work is putting him, so it will probably be a split stay with a couple days onsite before the conference starts and then moving to the hotel where he is booked. I'm thinking we will be in Orlando January 8-12
4) on the plus side our left over credit cards travel points will pay for 3/4 of my flight!

Edited to add: We are planning a family trip to DLR this next September, so the kids will get a Disney trip next year as well! :)

. . . So who's going to give me my permission to go?? hahaha I need someone to tell me it's a good idea! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter