*~*~*~*Official January 2017 Thread*~*~*~*~

Got the ADR's we wanted as well. Dinner at BOG, lunch at the Sci-Fi Diner, and breakfast at Chef Mickey's on departure day. Also got our daughter scheduled at the MK BBB. She has seen pictures of her friend there so she is excited.

Now the realization hits that the trip is still 6 months away and there are still 4 months until we can book our FP+...

Finally awake and recovering from the all night Disney party DD and I had last night. Disney food, Disney movies, and Disney ADRs. We managed to score every single ressie we wanted and pretty much at the times we wanted, as well. We will be going to:

Akershus breakfast
BOG lunch and dinner
Ohana dinner
Boma breakfast and dinner
Mama Melrose lunch (wanted to book Fantasmic pkg in case SW isn't having a show, but there were no time slots available)
Maybe Tusker House if they have a ROL pkg by then - dinner time slot is booked, anyway
Via Napoli dinner
Chefs de France dinner
Tea at the Grand Floridian

Now we're just waiting for HS to make up their minds about SW.

187 days to go, and after changing my mind what seems like 500 times, I've settled on the ADRs I want to make (Rose and Crown dinner, BOG dinner, and Hollywood Brown Derby lunch). I also had a slight change of plans...I was originally going to be solo for my whole vacation, but now I have someone coming with me to Epcot and we're going to attempt to drink around the world. Still doing MK and HS solo though.

I noticed today that Touring Plans has more EMH and Fantasmic! shows listed on their January calendar.

Hello! We'll be there Jan 21-Jan 28, staying at POFQ. We're so excited!

Made our ADRs on Monday morning, and happily got everything we wanted without issue! :woohoo:

argghhh... did my ADRs this morning-- got more or less everything i wanted at times that i wanted (even CM and ohana on first 2 days being there), but with the schedule not anywhere near final, especially with no indication of what days/what times nighttime activities will happen, it was difficult to predict what times to make reservations for. I have another group going with me, and i feel really bad about it, but each of the groups made reservations for the whole bunch on almost every night-- we basically have at least 2 reservations for every night, just to make sure we get the times that we want. And things will change again if we end up wanting to book F! or ROL dinners.

Has anyone booked Fantasmic Dinner Package for January? It tells me no time slots are available so I assume it has not been released yet. This is my first day on your thread, thanks for your help!!!

Has anyone booked Fantasmic Dinner Package for January? It tells me no time slots are available so I assume it has not been released yet. This is my first day on your thread, thanks for your help!!!
fantasmic! isn't even on the schedule yet for january, i wouldn't expect to be able to book the package until the schedule updates

We hit 180 days this morning...made a bunch of ADRs, all those we wanted (Yeah!!!), but now we are trying to fill in the other days and we can't book past Jan 25. Logged out and back in...nothing. We were able to book Jan 26- Feb 3, no problem.

We hit 180 days this morning...made a bunch of ADRs, all those we wanted (Yeah!!!), but now we are trying to fill in the other days and we can't book past Jan 25. Logged out and back in...nothing. We were able to book Jan 26- Feb 3, no problem.
I know you said you did, but are you sure that you are logged in? I had the same issue a couple of days ago, it looked like I was logged in (said my name on the top of the screen) but I wasn't actually logged in, when I would click on my plans, it would have me put my password in again, after doing that everything would work properly, showing me 180+10. You can also try another browser?

Just made all my ADRs and got everything I wanted:
Rose & Crown dinner
Be Our Guest dinner
Hollywood Brown Derby lunch
Raglan Road dinner

I haven't eaten at any of these before except Be Our Guest, but that was for lunch. So excited!

So exciting to watch the ADRs coming in!!!!

Btw....I'm off soon for our summer vacation to Universal & Disney! If I don't update the list for awhile, you'll know why! I'm frantically packing as we speak!

:laundy:

Hi all! My family will be visiting Jan. 3-9 at Give Kids the World (Make a Wish trip) and extending a few days (until the 12th) at The Fountains resort. I'm done planning and have our ADR's booked but one thing I can't find a straight answer on is about the park crowds during Marathon Week?!
I understand there will be thousands of runners before park opening and early in the day, but I've heard varying accounts of how the crowds will be affected inside the parks. Also, how are the roads in the area-are they re-routed because of the marathon? If so, how much more time should we allow in the mornings to make it to park opening? We're planning AK & HS on Wednesday 1/4, MK Thursday 1/5, and Epcot Friday 1/6. We *might* buy an additional ticket so we can visit MK one more day before we leave.
One more thing. I'm considering the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage and would love some feedback! Is it worth the cost? My wish kid is 4 and didn't handle the fireworks well during our last trip so I think (hope) she'll enjoy them more from a further distance where she'll startle less.

Thanks for your help and opinions!

:welcome:

I've never been during Marathon week so I have no advice! Hopefully someone else has who can give you some advice!

Hello! Checking in with our dates! We will be going Jan 20-23 staying at AKL Jambo House and Jan 23-30 at the Beach Club Villas! This is a super secret trip as we are in cohorts with Santa for a big surprise for the kiddos!

Hello! Checking in with our dates! We will be going Jan 20-23 staying at AKL Jambo House and Jan 23-30 at the Beach Club Villas! This is a super secret trip as we are in cohorts with Santa for a big surprise for the kiddos!

I am doing a surprise trip, too. It will be a girl only trip (just me and her), a final trip before she become a Disney Adult. DD9 will find out on Christmas, too. She will get her magic band and a t-shirt (has the 4 icons and says "Follow Me Home") for her large last gift. SOOOO hard to keep the secret!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter