Official January 2016!!!

Anyone else staying at AKV? We're there for 3 nights & it's our first time staying there. I had to convince DH to give it a try, he's stuck on the BW & since he's old he doesn't like change :ssst: So a few weeks ago we got the letter that they're doing a soft goods refurb during our stay. I really thought nothing of it until people over on the AKL thread on the Resorts board started saying it'll suck lol!!! We've never stayed at a resort during any kind of refurb and I really want him to love either AKV or the Poly (our last 2 nights) so we can take a break from BWV for awhile...... Anyone have experience at a resort during a soft goods refurb?

Ive never been during a refurb but being only soft goods its not going to be a construction site. We loved our stay at AKV and would book again in a heart beat. Are you staying at Jambo or Kidani?

Ive never been during a refurb but being only soft goods its not going to be a construction site. We loved our stay at AKV and would book again in a heart beat. Are you staying at Jambo or Kidani?
We're in a DVC studio at Jambo :) I thought the exact same thing about soft goods; then someone mentioned it involving ripping up carpets & painting walls possibly so being noisy and beginning prior to the stated 9 am starting time. Also a couple people said they had their water/power shut off during such refurbs :( We won't be in our room during the day so as long as we have water and power when we want it I can't really see anything bothering us.

You know how you just start doubting yourself when you hear others' bad experiences? I'm really looking forward to staying there :goodvibes Kids are jealous they aren't coming this time lol

Have a great trip han22735!

I primarily use wesh.com

We just breezed through security and are waiting at our gate. I love providence airport. 5 more hours till we officially land in orlando!!
I'm so excited for you! Have a wonderful trip! Sending lots of pixie dust your way! :goodvibes

Only 14 more days! Our group of 7 arrives on Jan 26 can't wait! It's my Hubby and our little one is 2 (third trip for her) and she is so excited to have her older cousins along (11& 12) and they are great with her, plus my mom and brother. We have the matching shirt all made and packed so you will see us coming :) We are staying at PORFQ and love, LOVE it there it feels so special, and just enough resort with out overwhelming. Fingers crossed that the kiddie/Splash pool will be open.

I'm kind of bummed my mother can't get the time off to come with me, but she said we'll go together when she's done with school so we'll go together later this year! :hyper: Now I'm super nervousited about going solo! :eek:

I'm kind of bummed my mother can't get the time off to come with me, but she said we'll go together when she's done with school so we'll go together later this year! :hyper: Now I'm super nervousited about going solo! :eek:
I love going solo! No worries about what others want to do. Relax and enjoy your trip.

Aw, don't be nervous! I would love to do a solo trip and hope to one day. Why don't you quick pop on to the solo travelers forum and see if you can find anyone else going solo when you are? I know it's kind of weird but maybe a woman around your age? You could always arrange to meet for a snack in a park or something and if she's strange you could pretend to get sick lol! Seriously though, so many people go solo you'll probably notice lots of them. And like kilroy1966 said, you don't have to worry about what anyone else wants to do :thumbsup2 But the best part is you get to go later this year!!!
Quite a chilly night tonight. Wasn't expecting it. But all the christmas decorations are still up which was surprising. Its our first time seeing the tree up at MK.
Hmm, I take it from your other post you're from RI since you flew out of Providence? So chances are if you felt cold down there then we'll feel cold, being from NY. I've been watching the weather so I know it's really not warm.......isn't that tree great?!! We saw it for the first time in Nov. :goodvibes

Aw, don't be nervous! I would love to do a solo trip and hope to one day. Why don't you quick pop on to the solo travelers forum and see if you can find anyone else going solo when you are? I know it's kind of weird but maybe a woman around your age? You could always arrange to meet for a snack in a park or something and if she's strange you could pretend to get sick lol! Seriously though, so many people go solo you'll probably notice lots of them. And like kilroy1966 said, you don't have to worry about what anyone else wants to do :thumbsup2 But the best part is you get to go later this year!!!
I do have some local friends who I might ask to come visit me. One is an old high school friend who I probably haven't seen in 8-ish years and the other is a CM. There are also a couple of DIS friends who I might meet up with too so I won't be entirely alone the whole time. I've never gone on a big trip alone so that's what's making me a little nervous. I'm most excited about getting to do what I want to do because I was so bored waiting for DH to get up at around 8am every day during our last trip and I was up at 6-6:30ish. He likes to sleep in and I like to go go go! :laughing: Now I can get up and go whenever I want and that is just so exciting! :goodvibes I hope you get the chance to go solo! I'll be sure to let you know how everything goes! :thumbsup2 Yeah! I am so excited about going again later this year with my mother. I love the idea of a mother/daughter trip. It'll be so special! :love:

I primarily use wesh.com

We just breezed through security and are waiting at our gate. I love providence airport. 5 more hours till we officially land in orlando!!
Have fun!!!!!

I hope you have a great solo trip! I haven't done one myself but I'm considering it for next time :)

My plans keep changing, which is no surprise at all. I'm always changing something. :laughing: One of my coworkers is most likely tagging along. It started out as a joke at first, but I thought it would be really fun to bond with a friend. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter