Official January 2015 Thread!!!

Can't believe I am late to the party with this thread!

DH and I will be home January 12-28 doing a triple split stay.
12-16 BCV
16-22 WL
22-28 CBR

We are driving down from VA on the 11th and staying one night off property.

Have all of our ADRs, FPs, tours, and fishing excursions all booked.
Cannot wait :)

ssmurphy, you're right, the FP location has moved! I'm okay with that except for the one night we have MSEP and Wishes FP. Even in low crowds it may be pretty tough to get to the Rose Garden in time for Wishes....

Merry Christmas to me!!!

Received my Mickey Mail today. So excited. The mail has changed though since September. Unfortunately the luggage tags have not. :)

ssmurphy, you're right, the FP location has moved! I'm okay with that except for the one night we have MSEP and Wishes FP. Even in low crowds it may be pretty tough to get to the Rose Garden in time for Wishes....

That's what I'm wondering. We have both scheduled for our last night. The new location for MSEP works great as we will be rushing over from Chef Mickeys, but is it possible to get down Main Street to the Rose Garden after MSEP is done? It may be worth it just to stay in Town Square? We will have to scout it out our first couple days there.

DME tags: check
Magic Bands: check
Reveal DVD burned: check

I really can NOT wait til the kids find out we're going!!!!! They are gonna flip!:banana::yay::cheer2:

Just look at my ticker. Jiminy is about to fly right up Mickey's nose!:rotfl2:

DOING THE SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dancer:
Tomorrow is Xmas eve and that means the NEXT DAY we can finally do the BIG REVEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I better stop before Teh Interwebz starts charging me by the exclamation point.

DOING THE SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dancer:
Tomorrow is Xmas eve and that means the NEXT DAY we can finally do the BIG REVEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I better stop before Teh Interwebz starts charging me by the exclamation point.

Hope the kids enjoy the big reveal as much as you do!!! :joker: Post a video of it if you can. I love to see those things!!

I surprised my twin DB on our birthday that I was sending him to WDW with us on our upcoming trip later that month. Then I kept it from my DSis. He surprised her at HS. She was trying to fit her feet in all the famous ones in front of TGMR. She looked up and saw him and started blatting like a baby. I loved it!! Best moment ever!!!!

Good luck with your surprise!!pixiedust:pixiedust:

Hope the kids enjoy the big reveal as much as you do!!! :joker: Post a video of it if you can. I love to see those things!!

I surprised my twin DB on our birthday that I was sending him to WDW with us on our upcoming trip later that month. Then I kept it from my DSis. He surprised her at HS. She was trying to fit her feet in all the famous ones in front of TGMR. She looked up and saw him and started blatting like a baby. I loved it!! Best moment ever!!!!

Good luck with your surprise!!pixiedust:pixiedust:

Tonight I will post a copy of the video on the reveal DVD. As soon as I have a video of their reaction, I will totally post that too!

So excited! We're revealing to my son the morning of - he can't handle anticipation and specifically asked that next time we well him the day of. Hee!

Here is the long-awaited moment of revealing our big Christmas gift for all of us - 5 Days in WDW!!!
Here is the video on the DVD under the tree, labeled only as "Play Me."
http://youtu.be/RPlDzM5ZDuY
And here is the kids' reaction:
http://youtu.be/DoRASOz3fZ8

They were surprisingly quiet, but you can see in their faces that they were pleasantly shocked!

Holy crap!! Last time our magic bands shipped in 2 days via UPS. Now they come USPS. Shipped Wed and won't be here till the 3rd! I know Xmas and New Years are days they don't work but dang! That's along time! Not complaining, just saying!

Holy crap!! Last time our magic bands shipped in 2 days via UPS. Now they come USPS. Shipped Wed and won't be here till the 3rd! I know Xmas and New Years are days they don't work but dang! That's along time! Not complaining, just saying!

We're waiting for ours ... How do you find tracking info?

We're waiting for ours ... How do you find tracking info?

In MDE click on your magic bands and cards page. Once they have shipped the tracking information and a link will be there.

We had 3 orders for our upcoming trip (plus the one I had from the original trip back in July, that I changed to this trip and our Passholder bands.
5 boxes in all!

We will be down Jan 30th- Feb 3rd for my dad's cast Christmas party and to celebrate a clean bill of health for my son. This will be the first time that we will be staying on property as a family. I cant wait!!

You should get an email when they ship, but you can go to MDE and click on magicbands and cards and it will tell you their status.

Yep! Ours are currently being "personalized"

Expect them to ship tomorrow -- we're 30 days away today! :yay:

Our MBs came on Friday :cool1:, did my final tweaking of our ADRs (didn't like the flow of some of them) and switched out 1 FP selection. I also put all of our ADRs and FPs in my phone with a couple alerts set so we don't miss anything (set my DD13's phone with the same alerts so if I happen to miss one, she too will get it)....the joys of not going with DH who is always on top of these things :rotfl:.

The girls and I are now thinking about what we are going to pack. I am thinking a little bit of everything so we can layer. Definitely bringing enough sweatshirts and pull overs so that we can just tie them around our waist if it gets too warm to wear. The only thing I am contemplating is if we should bring our ponchos or not. We have always brought them in the past and put them in our backpack but we decided to not bring the backpack this time, instead we will all be wearing cross body purses. What do you all think? We will be there from 1/21-1/28.

Joining you all! My DH and I decided to join his siblings and parents for a very quick trip. We decided the day after Christmas, booked our airfare that night. We leave 1/10 for 4 days. I've never ever planned a trip with such short notice!! My SIL is DVC so we are spending two nights with her in a Treehouse Villa and two nights on our own in Saratoga. We are getting two day PH.

This sort of a family reunion of sorts- and we have planned nothing but dinner at the Biergarten one night. I haven't been to WDW since 2011- I know a lot has changed. But I just want to take it easy and relax. We aren't worrying about the fast pass thing, but I am curious to know if fast passes are still available at the rides, or do you really have to preplan them on line?

Check the tracking again. We got our shipping email on the 25th and the tracking originally said the expected delivery date was 1/2. But now it says they're out for delivery in our town and should be here today!

Magic bands should be here today, made Be Our Guest lunch FP reservations over the weekend, it's getting closer...:cool1:

I was checking out the different attractions on the Disney website because when we go, we want to do attractions that we normally miss and ones that my kids have never done before (since DH will not be there). However, when I went to make a list of the different attractions for each of the parks, the Disney website said that most of them had no schedules available. Does anyone know what that means? They are not closed for refurbishment because there were other attractions that were listed for each of the parks. I am hoping that they will be opened because almost all of the ones we wanted to go to are under that category.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter