Official January 2015 Thread!!!

My wife and I are going to the WDW for the first time from January 5th to the 12th! We'll be staying at Pop Century. We have two days scheduled for MK and EPCOT, and one day each at Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. We managed to get fastpasses for Anna & Elsa and 7DMT. This is truly a trip of a lifetime, one I've been waiting for since I was a wee lad.

My wife and I are going to the WDW for the first time from January 5th to the 12th! We'll be staying at Pop Century. We have two days scheduled for MK and EPCOT, and one day each at Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. We managed to get fastpasses for Anna & Elsa and 7DMT. This is truly a trip of a lifetime, one I've been waiting for since I was a wee lad.

Congrats! How exciting! We will be there at Pop as well, same dates too! Sounds like you have a good plan! Thats nice that you have 2 days scheduled for Epcot! I never feel like I have enough time there when I go for just one day. Have a wonderful trip!

Does anyone know if there is something special going on the end of January. I am looking at going the 21st - 25th, but Touringplans is listing much higher than I would expect levels for a value 1 season during this time.

For instance, those days are listed at overall 6, and they even have AK as 8 on Saturday.

Easywdw has the same day listed as 4 with AK marked as the recommended park.

This makes me think either there is a glitch or something special is going on.

I was expecting level 4 and under for this time. I thought it was supposed to be less crowded then October, but this looks worse to me.

If it is really going to be level 6 or higher, I'm thinking there is no point in going now, and I should just postpone the trip until May when I have more time to get everything planned out. The only reason for going now was to avoid crowds.

To all of us who are going to WDW in January.....I am very excited to say that we can finally say we are going to WDW NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!party::dancer::jumping1:

Does anyone know if there is something special going on the end of January. I am looking at going the 21st - 25th, but Touringplans is listing much higher than I would expect levels for a value 1 season during this time.

For instance, those days are listed at overall 6, and they even have AK as 8 on Saturday.

Easywdw has the same day listed as 4 with AK marked as the recommended park.

This makes me think either there is a glitch or something special is going on.

I was expecting level 4 and under for this time. I thought it was supposed to be less crowded then October, but this looks worse to me.

If it is really going to be level 6 or higher, I'm thinking there is no point in going now, and I should just postpone the trip until May when I have more time to get everything planned out. The only reason for going now was to avoid crowds.

They've also got HS a 6 on monday the 26th, a day with an early closure and the only day of the week with no Fantasmic. I'm counting on low crowds that day for those exact reasons. And easywdw has it as the most recommended park. We'll see who was right.

When you have a January Disney vacation and you are counting the days and totally forget your kids are counting down to Christmas haha .... Oops
Can't wait!!!

Just did the countdown calendar. We are at 31 days!!:dance3:Anyone want to do a DIS meet January 3-8? PM me if interested.

I am so excited! My family and I will be heading to Disney on January 25th as a surprise birthday present. I am seeking some theme park advice. My son will be five. We have five days of park tickets. He is a big Star Wars fan so I have a half-day planned at HS and then a full day at HS to end our trip. Should I also plan to do two days at MK (and not go to Epcot) or one day at MK and one at Epcot? Any advice is appreciated!

UPDATE:
Made reservation with KNO
Paid off my package (now I can start paying off my Disney Visa card LOL)

It's getting so close now! :bitelip:
It's comin' at me! :3dglasses
No turning back now!*

*Actually, I did buy travel insurance, so theoretically I could turn back if I had to. Let's all just hope I don't have to.

UPDATE:

With just 30 days to go, I've got everything I need except my magic bands and my DME tags. I also need to give my reveal video one more re-edit and burn it to DVD.

It's really gonna happen. We're going to DISNEY! :dance3:

i have room only, and booked dme separately, about 2 weeks ago. I got my leggage tags only a few days later.

If you have a package, you may get the tags later, with the coupon book and such

Talked myself out of French Quarter and into Pop, so now I'm finally booked!!! So excited!

I'm probably the only one who procrastinates in the hopes that the values will be sold out when I go to book, so I can justify staying in a moderate.

i have room only, and booked dme separately, about 2 weeks ago. I got my leggage tags only a few days later.

If you have a package, you may get the tags later, with the coupon book and such

I am a DVC and AP holder so I didn't need to book a package. My question wasn't when I think they should arrive, more of an excited statement that I CAN'T WAIT for them to arrive!!

We are down to 48 days and we are super excited. The days are going by fast but I credit that to working retail and since it is our busy season, the time is not dragging like it usually does :goodvibes.

Just wanted to give an update on our plans. A couple days ago I switched out our dates so now we are arriving 1/21 and leaving on 1/28 (our trip was originally from 1/23-1/30) and instead of staying at CBR, we are now staying at POFQ with a River View. We are all very happy for the change because this is a resort that we know and love and something my kids were very excited to hear that we are going back to. POFQ is our favorite moderate resort and a place we feel comfortable with :goodvibes.

Hi everyone, I thought I'd join in here since we are planning another January visit. We are staying at Pop from Jan 24-31. 51 days to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter