Official January 2015 Thread!!!

The 20 year old college student is armed with a list and the logon info for my Disney Experience. Can't wait to see what she gets tonight. Got my fingers crossed for Soarin, Anna and Elsa, and 7DMT beyond that what ever works...
I really like it she is willing to stay up and do it so I can sleep since I have a 12 hour shift tomorrow that starts at 630 am/

Just found out about a week ago that DM has a conference January 12th to 15th and is taking me and the DS. We haven't been since before Fastpass+ was created, so we're going to have to figure all that out ASAP.

Two months from tomorrow! Jan 5-10 (Dec has 31 days) Ahh it seems so real! It's kicking in. I just can't wait to get my MagicBands! This will be my third trip and my DBF:lovestruc second. YAY!

I had no problem booking FPs, every ride was available with lots of times.

Our dates are Jan 4 - 16, good luck to those booking soon!

The 20 year old college student is armed with a list and the logon info for my Disney Experience. Can't wait to see what she gets tonight. Got my fingers crossed for Soarin, Anna and Elsa, and 7DMT beyond that what ever works...
I really like it she is willing to stay up and do it so I can sleep since I have a 12 hour shift tomorrow that starts at 630 am/

The 20 year old college student gets an A+ and this job for every trip we take that we use FP-!! She scored all the more difficult FP to get. Soaring, Anna and Elsa, 7DMT, test track, mission space, toy story mania and tower of terror.
All with great times. Now to see if we can score the coveted FP for Be our guest.

Going Jan 5-11, picked out FP last night. Really easy process and got all the ones we wanted! 3 days of 7DMT, 2 TOT, 2 TSM, Soarin, Space, and 2 days to meet Anna and Elsa! Probably easy to get since January is less crowded, but we really enjoyed the FP+ process :)

Going Jan 5-11, picked out FP last night. Really easy process and got all the ones we wanted! 3 days of 7DMT, 2 TOT, 2 TSM, Soarin, Space, and 2 days to meet Anna and Elsa! Probably easy to get since January is less crowded, but we really enjoyed the FP+ process :)

Did you book your fastpasses at midnight or do it the next day? I really don't want to stay up that late to do it if I don't have to since I have to get up at 5:00 am for work!

Did you book your fastpasses at midnight or do it the next day? I really don't want to stay up that late to do it if I don't have to since I have to get up at 5:00 am for work!

I logged in right at midnight and everything was available. I picked basically what I wanted then went back through the week and was able to modify the times to fit the dining reservations we have in place. I was done with everything the way I wanted around 12:35 am.

I logged in right at midnight and everything was available. I picked basically what I wanted then went back through the week and was able to modify the times to fit the dining reservations we have in place. I was done with everything the way I wanted around 12:35 am.

I had a similar experience. Going Jan. 5-10, and was able to pick the rides and M&G's, and then go back and adjust them as necessary. Very easy, and everything was available to me too - not just for the end of the trip, but early on as well.

I also went on right at midnight, and was done in 20-30 minutes with the entire trip. As long as there are no glitches, I'm a happy camper!

We are booked to go January 5th-10th and got every fastpass we wanted today, no problems! We booked around 3pm today and had absolutely no issues. From my experience from my most recent trips it was very easy to change most fastpasses day of if we changed our mind or got busy and couldn't make a time.

So is anyone else thinking about clothes and weather and what to pack?

January is so all over the place as far as temperatures go. This weekend we're sorting all of our summer clothes to go into storage (we're in Canada so it's a complete wardrobe switch).

I have to figure out which clothes to keep out for our trip. I hear layers is key, but now that Canadian flights charge for baggage to US we can't bring as much as we'd like. I'd better plan to do laundry a few times.

Is there any point bringing sandals or tank tops in January?

I picked up a light terry cloth robe for my DS5 to wear after swimming, which is a little warmer than a swim towel. I also bought him a long sleeve swim shirt and a new pair of crocs.

My husband is running the Dopey Challenge so his running shirts, shorts, fuel belts, hats and multiple pairs of sneakers will take up nearly a whole suitcase.

So is anyone else thinking about clothes and weather and what to pack? January is so all over the place as far as temperatures go. This weekend we're sorting all of our summer clothes to go into storage (we're in Canada so it's a complete wardrobe switch). I have to figure out which clothes to keep out for our trip. I hear layers is key, but now that Canadian flights charge for baggage to US we can't bring as much as we'd like. I'd better plan to do laundry a few times. Is there any point bringing sandals or tank tops in January? I picked up a light terry cloth robe for my DS5 to wear after swimming, which is a little warmer than a swim towel. I also bought him a long sleeve swim shirt and a new pair of crocs. My husband is running the Dopey Challenge so his running shirts, shorts, fuel belts, hats and multiple pairs of sneakers will take up nearly a whole suitcase.

January is so iffy. I would def pack layers like you mentioned. Last January I was in shorts/t shirt the entire day except for the last day I wore pants. It's really hard to tell so I would have some shorts, some pants, ect. Maybe a little of everything?

We are going January 21-28, and staying at Shades of Green. I haven't gone to Disney World since I was in a cheerleading competition 15 years ago! :cheer2: It is crazy that I am now going with my two children, husband and mom. So freaking excited, although I think my family is beginning to see how crazy I am...:rolleyes1

We are going January 21-28, and staying at Shades of Green. I haven't gone to Disney World since I was in a cheerleading competition 15 years ago! :cheer2: It is crazy that I am now going with my two children, husband and mom. So freaking excited, although I think my family is beginning to see how crazy I am...:rolleyes1

I hope you and your family have a magical pixiedust: time!! We are all here to help each other so if you need any suggestions for meals or fp information just ask!!

So is anyone else thinking about clothes and weather and what to pack?

January is so all over the place as far as temperatures go. This weekend we're sorting all of our summer clothes to go into storage (we're in Canada so it's a complete wardrobe switch).

I have to figure out which clothes to keep out for our trip. I hear layers is key, but now that Canadian flights charge for baggage to US we can't bring as much as we'd like. I'd better plan to do laundry a few times.

Is there any point bringing sandals or tank tops in January?

I picked up a light terry cloth robe for my DS5 to wear after swimming, which is a little warmer than a swim towel. I also bought him a long sleeve swim shirt and a new pair of crocs.

My husband is running the Dopey Challenge so his running shirts, shorts, fuel belts, hats and multiple pairs of sneakers will take up nearly a whole suitcase.

We are taking a little of everything. My last 2 trips in January had highs around 75 and lows around 50. My sister went last January and she about froze. I like to pack for anything so that I am not miserable in the parks. I use a lot of layers.

We are taking a little of everything. My last 2 trips in January had highs around 75 and lows around 50. My sister went last January and she about froze. I like to pack for anything so that I am not miserable in the parks. I use a lot of layers.

I'm thinking I may have to either take that approach or pack bags for different types of weather and check the forecast as I head out the door to see which to bring. :rotfl2:

I'm really hoping for a somewhat traditional Orlando January with moderate to warm temperatures though as I just don't want to have to bundle up while in the parks. I don't mind not wearing shorts but really don't want to even think about gloves or heavy jackets.

Just booked our flights this morning through Southwest and then called Disney and gave them our flight numbers so we can use ME :cool1:. This is our first time flying with SW and have heard nothing but great things about them. I am so glad to get that part of the planning out of the way because I found myself very frustrated at the fact that one day the prices were down to where I wanted them to be, but when I went to book them (which unfortunately was the next day), they were up $15. Luckily I checked this morning and the prices went back down to where I saw them the first time, so I jumped on it :goodvibes.

I also made a tentative FP+ selection for when my date opens up. I am hoping I get everything that we want at great times, I am looking for early times so I can get new ones once we use up the initial 3. I still have a week and half before I can select them, but I am getting pretty excited about it :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter