Official January 2015 Thread!!!

I've not stayed there yet, but if you're looking at Values and need more space, I'd definitely look into Art of Animation. It looks fantastic! Perhaps someone that has stayed there can chime in?

Do you know if they are included when there are discounts ? I prefer values, just cuz I can extend my vacation a little longer. 6 days at deluxe or 10 In a value. I'll take the 10 days lol

I don't have my dates set yet, but I went January 7-14, a Tuesday-Tuesday this year and loved it. I didn't partake in any of the runDisney events but next year I'm planning on running the 5K with a bunch of my extended family as part of a family reunion, and then I'm debating whether to tackle the 10K or half. I don't think I'm ready for the full yet! So I'm thinking I'll dates will be January 6-13 (my birthday is the 12th!) but I'm not too sure yet.

My birthday is the 11th! Woo-hoo! I'm planning to do the Dopey to celebrate (5k, 10k, Half, and Full Marathons). So excited! Just my mom and I will be going, I'm leaving the kids and DH at home (bless his heart!!!). We will probably be staying the 4th-12th. Not sure where we will be staying. I'd love to stay at a Monorail resort! Riding the Monorail to the races at 4am each morning sounds a lot more enticing than a bus ride! ;)

My birthday is the 11th! Woo-hoo! I'm planning to do the Dopey to celebrate (5k, 10k, Half, and Full Marathons). So excited! Just my mom and I will be going, I'm leaving the kids and DH at home (bless his heart!!!). We will probably be staying the 4th-12th. Not sure where we will be staying. I'd love to stay at a Monorail resort! Riding the Monorail to the races at 4am each morning sounds a lot more enticing than a bus ride! ;)

Awesome!!! I saw so many Dopeys on my birthday this year! I've never run a full marathon before, so I don't think Dopey is on my radar for the next few years, but you never know!

Does anyone know if MLK weekend was blacked out this year from the promo?

Hoping I can hang out out here! We are planning our next trip to Disney for February 2015 but no one is around to chat/plan with so I wondered if I could hang out with you folks?!:wave2:

Hoping I can hang out out here! We are planning our next trip to Disney for February 2015 but no one is around to chat/plan with so I wondered if I could hang out with you folks?!:wave2:

My dates are Jan 24-feb 1 so you're not a total outcast ;)

We were initially going to go in December, but DD's job won't let her off in December. So we're planning to go Jan. 1 - 11 now. We're wanting to stay at POFQ - Again. We love that resort! Can't wait until we can book! Anyone know when we will be able to book for January?

YES! We'll be there 1/20- 1/28! going to shoot for POR.
So Excited!!! :banana:

ooo, FB group, hope i can get in on that! Thanks!

I know that jan will have low crowds but has anyone that's been during marathon week had any problems with it being more crowded? And does anyone know when the Xmas decorations come down?

I know that jan will have low crowds but has anyone that's been during marathon week had any problems with it being more crowded? And does anyone know when the Xmas decorations come down?

I think they are down by Jan 4th (my bday which is why it sticks out in my mind ;) )

We are tentatively planning our 2nd trip Jan 25-31ish. Still up in the air about where we will stay - ASMu maybe, or POFQ if it ends up not being a lot more $ when they come out with Stay, Play, Dine.

I will probably book in mid-July so I can be sure to get dining reservations at the hard to get places - really hoping for a dinner at BOG!

Our 1st trip was this past November and it was AMAZING. But still a little warm for us northerners, so we are hoping for slightly cooler weather and light crowds in January. The only bummer is Splash Mountain will likely be closed, although I haven't heard definite dates on next winter's ride closures.

I requested to join the Facebook group - my name there is Sarah H. M. :) I am on Facebook way more often than I am on the boards here. :)

YEAH!! I've been waiting for the january thread to start! We are taking our daughter during her birthday (she turns 7) as a SURPRISE trip! It's also DH and I's first trip as well so we are very very very excited! We are planning on the 7th-14th but are a little worried about the crowds on her birthday (the 10th) so we may move it to later in the month (after MLKj weekend). Any suggestions or helpful comments are greatly appreciated as I try and figure out the planning of this trip!! :love:

YEAH!! I've been waiting for the january thread to start! We are taking our daughter during her birthday (she turns 7) as a SURPRISE trip! It's also DH and I's first trip as well so we are very very very excited! We are planning on the 7th-14th but are a little worried about the crowds on her birthday (the 10th) so we may move it to later in the month (after MLKj weekend). Any suggestions or helpful comments are greatly appreciated as I try and figure out the planning of this trip!! :love:

We have gone the past 3 years in January and LOVE it! I can't say enough good things about this time of year.....other than the weather. We have had freezing temps., we have had high 80's and everything in between. So, just be prepared. We usually go right after MLK day, but the first year we arrived on the last day of the Marathon and it wasn't that bad crowd wise.

Happy planning! These boards and the people on them are so helpful!

Planning to arrive Jan 2. Me and 2 ds first trip to the world. DW 2nd, since about 25 years. And we are very excited!
Question for DVC veterans. How hard is it going to get rooms at AK? We want to stay there couple of nights then will be moving to boardwalk. Had 11 month window for BWV. We want to get savannah view, probably one bdrm. Arrival day lands on a Friday which I think WDW will still be crowded from the NYE crowd. What are our chances of getting what we want?
TIA

Just set our dates for January 4-10! :banana:

Not sure where we will be staying yet. OKW is our home resort, but if we can get into BWV or AKL we will do one of those once we hit the 7 month mark.

Currently still planning our Nov. 2014 trip, but couldn't resist starting to plan another! :cool1:

Planning to arrive Jan 2. Me and 2 ds first trip to the world. DW 2nd, since about 25 years. And we are very excited!
Question for DVC veterans. How hard is it going to get rooms at AK? We want to stay there couple of nights then will be moving to boardwalk. Had 11 month window for BWV. We want to get savannah view, probably one bdrm. Arrival day lands on a Friday which I think WDW will still be crowded from the NYE crowd. What are our chances of getting what we want?
TIA

Will you be booking AKL at the 7 month mark? That might be a little tougher, but if you want a one bedroom or more that will make it slightly easier. January is Adventure season, so TYPICALLY it's not quite as busy. You will also be getting there as the New Year's Eve crowd is leaving, but before the runDisney crowd will be arriving. My best advice would be to book it as soon as you can. Waitlist it if you have to. Make a reservation elsewhere as a backup. Good luck!

We are in for January! :banana: Will be there Jan 7th-13th I believe! Our oldest's birthday is the 13th, but he's starting high school in the fall so we're not sure about how pulling him out will go. DH is signed up for the marathon and we're both signed up for the 5K! :cheer2: Hoping to stay at Contemporary. Monorail and Magic Kingdom access with our little ones is muy importante! Just made my rough park/dining plan while up with the baby! What else to do at 1am????:rotfl2::surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter