*** OFFICIAL January 2013 Thread ***

I will be there from Jan24-feb 3. Staying at port Orleans royal guest room and animal kingdom lodge, doing our first ever split stay! And it will be our honeymoon! So excited!!

Hi there everyone! Can we be added to this thread too? :-). We are heading down on January 8th, staying at the Dolphin. We just returned from ABD Cities of Knights and
Lights tour in May and loved it! Haven't been to WDW in two years and started missing it after talking about it with our fellow travelers. We always go in June, so this will be the first time in January for us. I will read back through the thread, but in the ,eat time, any packing advice for this time of year would be greatly appreciated! LOL

Welcome! I'll add you to the distro! Packing advice is as PP said: Layers and bring some of everything. We went in January 2012 and actually had no cold days and wore t-shirts and shorts almost every day AND in the evenings, too! But that is a bit unusual...the week before my friends were in hats, scarves and gloves!

Hi! :goodvibes I'd like to be added to this thread if I could. Booked this morning for January 24 - February 1 at AoA. dd's first trip and super excited!! We were hoping to take her for her birthday a month later, but with February break/president's week, it was a bit more than we wanted to spend. So January it is! She will be just shy of 3 so still free. Free is good :rotfl:

Now I can't wait to make ADR's!

How exciting!! And even better that she will be free!! I'll add you to the distro, shortly.

Thank you!! I greatly appreciate the input :goodvibes

We are booked!! 1/27-2/2 AoA LM. So excited....bring on free dining!!

Yay!!

I would like to be added to this thread. We are going 1/15 - 1/21 and staying at AoA. Hope for free dining!

Welcome!! AoA is quite popular!!

I got most of my ADRs this morning. :thumbsup2 The CM told me a few places weren't added to the system for my dates yet - Ohana, Bistro, Citrico's, and the Fantasmic package at Brown Derby - but I got everything else, and most of the times are exactly what I wanted. The ones that aren't are close enough that I can make them work. :woohoo:

I'm glad to hear it! :cool1:

I am so excited :cool1::banana:package - booked, airfare - booked, all I need now is to make my ADR's next Sunday & pray for free dining!!
P.S. - how do I join the FB page?

to join the FB group, send me a PM with a link to your FB page. Once we are friends, then I can invite you to the group.

Congrats on booking everything!

We were able to make three reservations at Ohana. I wonder what happen since Monday.

I still can't believe EMH aren't listed yet. Sanaa is still closed for availability.

We did book our airfare. I could kick myself because when I checked on the flights in the afternoon they were cheapier than we I finally booked in the evening. So we had to change our dates, we are now going January 6-10 BLT Studio LK and January 10-12 AKL Kidani Studio Savanna view.

I will make the updates shortly. I hear ya on EMH.

Please add me to your list. We are renting a villa at Windsor Hills from Dec. 29 - Jan. 5th.:dance3:

Welcome! I will add you shortly.

Planning a trip in late january until first weekend of February.

For now we're planning to arrive on January 21st and leave on February 2nd but we haven't booked yet! (hoping for Free Dining! Do you people think it will show up next month like it was revealed this week for the remainder of 2012?) We're planning for a value resort, preferably Art of Animation, but I'd love to stay at Pop Century also as I haven't stayed there before.

This will be my Dear Fiancee's second trip to WDW and her Mother and Brother's first! (They have been to Disneyland Paris, but never to WDW!).

Welcome!! AoA will be really popular!

Well, we switched resorts from AoA to Port Orleans Royal Room. I was afraid they will not offer FD at AOA and also I think it will be really busy for buses and everything. I did really want to stay there, but maybe next time:thumbsup2 Dates are the same Jan 3-13:banana:

just gives me a reason to go back;)

So now I am done with everything except trying to get BOG when they open up for ADR's.:coffee:

I am staying at the Royal Rooms in less than 2 weeks!! I imagine AoA will be busy for the next couple of years as everyone wants to try it out, and stay in the different sections, too.

I will be there from Jan24-feb 3. Staying at port Orleans royal guest room and animal kingdom lodge, doing our first ever split stay! And it will be our honeymoon! So excited!!

Welcome! I'll add you. ANd congrats on your honeymoon -- how exciting!! We do limited split stays. I really don't like to do that but our next 2 vacations are split stays. Just make sure you pack lightly. I am actually packing separate suitcases for each resort and then the common things (toiletries) will go in a different bag. But we have a car, so easy to take extra suitcases. If you are flying, then you may want to separate your stuff out in those large 2 gallon ziploc bags for each resort. No need to unpack what you don't need.

We are thinking about going January 3 to 9. How terribly bad do you think the crowds will be? I'm hearing a lot about schools not going back until the 7th.

Shouldn't be that busy toward the end of your week but you may see more crowds than typical January at the beginning and on the Sat/Sun.

If you decided to go, let me know and I"ll add you to the list.

I will make all the updates later this evening or tomorrow. Going to Red Robin to celebrate my daughter's and my birthday yesterday!:cool1:

For now we're planning to arrive on January 21st and leave on February 2nd but we haven't booked yet! (hoping for Free Dining! Do you people think it will show up next month like it was revealed this week for the remainder of 2012?) We're planning for a value resort, preferably Art of Animation, but I'd love to stay at Pop Century also as I haven't stayed there before.

Free dining for Jan 2012 wasn't announced until October 2011 I believe. You might have a little time to wait for Jan 2013 to be announced. But you never know!

Hi there!! I am calling to book at least our room today. Hoping for a good promotion.

We are staying at POR from Jan.26th-Feb.2nd. We have been each year since 2008.

It will be myself, my DH and our 3 boys. Our oldest will be turning 10 while on this trip! So this trip is his gift and it is a surprise. It will be hard for me to keep this a secret for so long. LOL.

Happy (somewhat belated) birthday!

Thanks!

Marsha, happy birthday yo you and your dd. did you got on your trip yet?

Thanks!! Nope, we leave in 7 days, 1 hour and 4 minutes!!!:banana::cool1: so very excited to do this Mommy/Daughter trip!!:dance3::dance3:

Hi there!! I am calling to book at least our room today. Hoping for a good promotion.

We are staying at POR from Jan.26th-Feb.2nd. We have been each year since 2008.

It will be myself, my DH and our 3 boys. Our oldest will be turning 10 while on this trip! So this trip is his gift and it is a surprise. It will be hard for me to keep this a secret for so long. LOL.

Welcome!! That will be a great birthday present. I could definitely not keep it a surprise. Good luck!!

Ok, I think I made all the updates to the first post. If I have anything wrong or you are not listed, please let me know.

:goodvibes

Once I get back and settled from my July trip, I'll start listing ADRs for those who make them.

Marshay said:
Ok, I think I made all the updates to the first post. If I have anything wrong or you are not listed, please let me know.

:goodvibes

Once I get back and settled from my July trip, I'll start listing ADRs for those who make them.

Marsha - our trip is 1/8 to 1/16. :-)

A change of plans we are going to stay at the Villas of Wilderness Lodge instead of Baylake Tower. My mother in law like the VWL look better. I think it will be more disney looking for her.

We are going January 18-26 for my DD birthday! Still waiting on EMHs!! Can reserve ADRs on Sunday. Hope they come out before then!

We're going back! just confirmed vacation days at everyone's work, and we're going to the world 12/31-1/7 !! yeay! so that's mostly january 2013 right? :) i'm so excited i've already started my packing lists. nuts? yes. yeay! :banana:

We are going January 18-26 for my DD birthday! Still waiting on EMHs!! Can reserve ADRs on Sunday. Hope they come out before then!

I hear ya! We can make our ADR's on Saturday... And eagerly waiting on EMH!! Doesn't Disney understand how obsessive we can all be with our planning!! ;) lol :rolleyes1

I hear ya! We can make our ADR's on Saturday... And eagerly waiting on EMH!! Doesn't Disney understand how obsessive we can all be with our planning!! ;) lol :rolleyes1

I can't believe it is July 17th and still no EMH for January. Sanaa still hasn't opened up for reservations in January either. I have my ADRs, room, and flights but feel like I am still planning waiting for EMH adn Sanaa.

Marsha - our trip is 1/8 to 1/16. :-)
Thanks! Will update.

Hi Marsha, I sent you a PM with my FB link...thanks!

If I haven't friended you yet, please send me another PM with a direct link to your FB page.

A change of plans we are going to stay at the Villas of Wilderness Lodge instead of Baylake Tower. My mother in law like the VWL look better. I think it will be more disney looking for her.

I like both resorts - you can't go wrong!

Welcome!! Where are you staying?

We're going back! just confirmed vacation days at everyone's work, and we're going to the world 12/31-1/7 !! yeay! so that's mostly january 2013 right? :) i'm so excited i've already started my packing lists. nuts? yes. yeay! :banana:

Welcome!! I keep a permanent copy of my packing list and a trunk full of Disney-needed things. So I feel like I'm always partly packed (you never know when you'll win a free trip, right?):rotfl:

can I join the FB page?

If you haven't already, please send me a PM with a link to your FB page so I can friend you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter