*** OFFICIAL January 2013 Thread ***

Our waitlist came through, we are NOW booked at BLT January 1-8 :dance3:. Once we start to see better prices on flights and SW opens for the entire length of our stay, I will figure out if we go for the entire stay or January 1-7 or January 2-8. When will the January EMH show up?? My 180 ADR window opens up next week. :headache:

Our 7 months window came and went and we were able to switch to BLT and BWV. Our first choices, grandvillas at both and for the dates we wanted!
It's our first split stay and I'm excited!

Next thing Flights! July 9th and we'll get those booked too!

I am officially booked at AoA from January 8th through January 17th for my solo birthday trip! Next up: ADRs on July 12, and I'll call when packages are released to add my tickets and deluxe dining! :cool1:

Got my flight booked as well! I wanted to take Amtrak, but not spending all that time on a train means I can stay an extra day at Disney! Plus I got a great rate on airfare, especially for this far out.

I am SO HAPPY!!! :banana:

I just put the deposit down for POFQ (my favorite!) January 4th through the 10th. It will not only be my first January trip to WDW, but also my first solo trip!

Welcome!! I'll add your info. Yay for solo trip!! I did a couple of those a few years ago and loved it. Wish I did more.

Yay!! I loved BLT, happy to be going back! :cool1:

Me too! We went in Nov 2009 and just loved it!

We switched too and will be at the same places, we're at BLT from the 17th to the 20th, then at BWV from the 20th to the 26th.

Another BLT!! yay!!

We're going to have to have a meet up at the TotW lounge! There seems to be a few of use that will be at BLT that weekend! I still have to wait until tomorrow to book BWV. Twenty-four hours and I'll know for sure, but I think it looks good from looking at the online booking system. Love that thing!

You are right...there are quite a few of us at BLT. Would be great to meet up ... if nothing else, after we put kids to bed we can meet up in the lounge for drinks.

I'm only there 1/20 and 1/21 so if that works for anyone, let me know. Esp if it's later at night, DH can stay in the room with sleeping kids and I'll meet in the lounge!

whooo hooo doing ter happy dance:cool1:

Booked air already and did room only res for AoA Jan 3-13. Now really waiting for packages and hoping for free dining!!!!:rolleyes1

What are thre chances for free dining ?? I have never been to Disney in
January.

Free Dining should be pretty good for your week.

January is a great time to go...just really watch weather before you pack and be prepared for anything from jackets to swimsuits!

I'd say your chances are pretty good. The marathon dates are blacked out, but they have pushed it back this year so it's not until the weekend after you arrive. All that counts is that arrival day when it comes to free dining!

Disney in January is great!!! We've been going in January for the past 15 years or so and we love it!

I agree!

Thanks for the response, I am even more excited now. I have to start planning my adr's. :)

Does anyone know if BOG restaurant is available to book for January??

Not yet but it'll be open in January and hopefully have the kinks worked out by the time us January folks get there!

Just subscribed. We will there January 21 st to the 27th. First real Disney trip. Staying at BLT. 5 and 3.5 year old! Now I need to catch up and read this thread for info!

Welcome!! I'll add your info. BLT is a great place to have a first real Disney trip!

Thanks!

Our 7 months window came and went and we were able to switch to BLT and BWV. Our first choices, grandvillas at both and for the dates we wanted!
It's our first split stay and I'm excited!

Next thing Flights! July 9th and we'll get those booked too!

Yay!! Remind me of your dates for each and I'll make sure to update the first post.

I am officially booked at AoA from January 8th through January 17th for my solo birthday trip! Next up: ADRs on July 12, and I'll call when packages are released to add my tickets and deluxe dining! :cool1:

Got my flight booked as well! I wanted to take Amtrak, but not spending all that time on a train means I can stay an extra day at Disney! Plus I got a great rate on airfare, especially for this far out.

I am SO HAPPY!!! :banana:

Welcome! A solo trip sounds great! If we could get a great price on a flight, we would fly too but it's nearly the same to take Amtrak for us as it is to fly and rent a car (yes, we are bus snobs! :lmao: We like our own vehicle).

For those following the BOG thread, did you read the Disney Blog about the BOG menu being announced tomorrow? I can't wait and hope the ADRs start soon so we can all book for our January trips. Still waiting on EMH to be announced. Has it ever taken this long?

For those following the BOG thread, did you read the Disney Blog about the BOG menu being announced tomorrow? I can't wait and hope the ADRs start soon so we can all book for our January trips. Still waiting on EMH to be announced. Has it ever taken this long?

Yes, and I'm excited to see what the menu will be like! I doubt we'll do a TS meal there, but I'm hoping a QS will be in our plan!

I bet we won't see any EMH until next week when the official calender is updated onto Disney's website.

I just read the easywdw january crowd calendar and now I am worried. Are crowds really that busy the first week in january? When we went in January 2009 it was not busy at all. How accurate does anyone find easywdw calendar?

OK I need some advice from those of you who go to January every year. We went the first week in January 2009 and there were not any crowds and the marathon was going on during our stay. So I booked us again for the first week in January 2013. Now I am reading that some schools don't start back until January 7, 2013 and now the first week in January is very crowded. Can anyone confirm this? Should we switch our stay to the second week of January? Instead of going January 1-8 should we go January 5-13?

OK I got nervous and made the switch, we are know going January 5-10 BLT LV and January 10-12 AKL Kidani Savannas View. We have never stayed at AKL, does anyone have any pointers to share on Kidani?

Sorry, mickeyplanner about not getting back to you sooner, but yes, I think going in the 2nd week will be better than the 1st week of January.

I just check UG and they agree. Crowds go down to 3's and 4's starting on Jan 6th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter