*** OFFICIAL January 2013 Thread ***

Cosine said:
We stayed at Pop last winter and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. We feel other resorts offer significantly better amenities and dining experiences. This past spring we stayed in a water view pirate room at CBR. Our five year old twin boys won't stop talking about it. Definitely worth the $$. Just my opinion but I hope this helps. Cheers!!

We LOVE staying at Pop!

Welcome all the new January Dissers!

It's just been crazy busy lately but I will add your names to the distro in a few days.

We are looking into a January 2013 trip for 5-7 days, with only ~3 at the parks. This year it will be myself, my wife, and our high school age foreign exchange student.

I'd really like to stay at POR, having visited it briefly last winter. It is beautiful!

But we are on a tight budget. I have enough frequent flier points for 2 "free" airline tickets, so we only need to buy one. If we stay off-site at Bahama Bay (which we like) we will spend ~$1,500 for lodging, car rental, and 3 days at the parks (plus food, with some meals at the condo to reduce costs).

If we stay at POR it will cost ~$2,100 for lodging and 3 days at the parks - with no car needed (plus we must buy very expensive on-site food).

Free dining would cover most of the $600 pricing difference, and eliminate the extra expense of on-site dining. And it would be so much fun for our third-world teen exchange student to get the full experience!

I'm checking online each day, hoping for the free dining offer for January. I'm open to other ideas from the experts here though!

Joining!!:cool1:
Our magic begins 2 January and sadly will end 10 January!
We, myself (6th trip), my husband (2nd trip) and daughter 5yo FIRST trip, will be staying at All Star Movies!

I would like to be added to the Facebook group, but was unable to PM you.
Please add me! Francine Kent Chandler

-Fran =)

The first post has instructions, says to PM the mod and she will add you, but you need to have posted more than 10 times to PM someone, and I have not posted that many times....
yet!:)

-Fran =)

JustMeFran said:
The first post has instructions, says to PM the mod and she will add you, but you need to have posted more than 10 times to PM someone, and I have not posted that many times....
yet!:)

-Fran =)

:welcome: :goodvibes:

It won't take you long around here! :)

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

SO we are arriving on 2 Jan and leaving on the 10th. Coming from Western NY. I am still waiting to get air tickets, cannot bite THAT bullet yet! :)

So, here is our itinerary we have worked out with ADRs:

2 Jan - Fly in, check in, to Epcot for Akershus at 6:55pm, Illuminations at 9:00pm if we are not dead tired!
3 Jan - Magic Kingdom Day! Chef Mickey at 10:35 and BBB at 1:00, Spectromagic at 8:00pm
4 Jan - Animal Kingdom Day! Yak&Yeti at 12:00pm
5 Jan - Epcot Day! Marrakesh at 6:15pm
6 Jan - Magic Kingdom Day #2! Liberty Tree at 12:00pm
7 Jan - 1900 Park Fare at 9:25am then Studios Day!
8 Jan - Epcot Day #2! Biergarten at 12:00pm
9 Jan - Magic Kingdom Day #3! The Plaza at 5:30, Wishes at 8:00pm
10 Jan - Home :(

My one concern is being there on the 2nd! I want no crowds! How bad will it be on the 2nd?

-Fran =)

JustMeFran said:
SO we are arriving on 2 Jan and leaving on the 10th. Coming from Western NY. I am still waiting to get air tickets, cannot bite THAT bullet yet! :)

So, here is our itinerary we have worked out with ADRs:

2 Jan - Fly in, check in, to Epcot for Akershus at 6:55pm, Illuminations at 9:00pm if we are not dead tired!
3 Jan - Magic Kingdom Day! Chef Mickey at 10:35 and BBB at 1:00, Spectromagic at 8:00pm
4 Jan - Animal Kingdom Day! Yak&Yeti at 12:00pm
5 Jan - Epcot Day! Marrakesh at 6:15pm
6 Jan - Magic Kingdom Day #2! Liberty Tree at 12:00pm
7 Jan - 1900 Park Fare at 9:25am then Studios Day!
8 Jan - Epcot Day #2! Biergarten at 12:00pm
9 Jan - Magic Kingdom Day #3! The Plaza at 5:30, Wishes at 8:00pm
10 Jan - Home :(

My one concern is being there on the 2nd! I want no crowds! How bad will it be on the 2nd?

-Fran =)

Did you check crowd levels on easywdw.com? I always go there. :)

Did you check crowd levels on easywdw.com? I always go there. :)

Yea, I did, actually!
The 2nd has an 8 for crowds :(
the 3rd-5th are a 7...
LUCKILY it goes down from there, where our last 3 days are down to crowd levels of 2. :thumbsup2

-Fran =)

:confused3OK still waiting for some Jan discounts! What are everyones thoughts? We are going Jan 3-13 really would like free dining. I have seen chatter about some offers maybe coming out October?

Okay so this is our 30 something trip BUT we have never been there in January. Scared of the snow on the mountains between Indiana and Florida.:crazy2:

We moved to the Tampa Bay area about a year ago and since January is the only time we have not been to DW you know we just gotta go!:cool1:

Waiting on a good room deal and hoping to see some of my DIS friends then and if anyone has any good advice about when to go then I am all :listen:

Slightly Goofy

We are going back to WDW from Jan 1 to Jan 5. We're staying at AoA. I'm very excited to stay there!

Last year we had a family reunion at WDW over Christmas week. I vowed then never to go back during that time of year and look at us now going the week after Christmas! :teeth: Oh well! We are hoping that this trip will be more laid back and relaxing since it will be only our family of four instead of 15 family members touring the parks!

Gayl :tinker:

It's official. We are going Jan 1-6 and are staying at POP. (Feel free to add us to the list.) We are also bringing grandma and grandpa (grandma only went to one park very briefly and this is grandpa's first visit). Should be so fun.

We know it will be extremely crowded especially the first few days, but didn't want to take the kids out of school this year due to my older daughter's more challenging classes. We have all our ADRs for dinner. We plan on going to Epcot our day of arrival on Jan 1 (fingers crossed) and Hollywood Studios on Jan 2 (hoping to catch the Osbourne lights. We've never been to Disney around the holidays).

Any other decorations we should try to catch the first few days in January before they come down? Any tips on crowd avoidance besides the basics such as getting to the park at rope drop on Jan 2? We are planning that the first few days at least will be insanely busy. I will "pack extra patience."

Welcome! I'll add you to the list. If you have time, plan to go to several hotels and/or the Ft. Wilderness Campgrounds to see some wonderful Christmas decorations. The deluxe resorts (GF, BC, YC, WL) really do a great job for Xmas.

My crowd advice besides FP and RD and ADRs: zig when they zag!!:rotfl2:

My dates have changed! I will be arriving 12/26 and leaving 1/24! decided to spend new years with the mouse! :)

I will add your dates to the list! Welcome!! Starting the new year with the mouse sounds AWESOME! I just wanted to confirm your end date of 1/24?

We're now arriving on the 17th instead of the 18th because the flight worked out better. Can't beat an extra day in WDW!

So our dates are now 1/17-1/27, and we are staying at Beach Club Villas.

127 days and counting...

Yay!! An Extra day!!

I'm sort of new here and just found this January board. princess: We will be there Jan. 11-19. :lovestruc Just saw that there was a "secret" Facebook page for Jan. How can I get invited? :wave2:

Welcome!! I'll add you to the list. Please send me a PM with a link to your FB page and then I will send you a Friend request from "Marsha XX". Once you accept the friend request, then I can add you to the FB page (that is the way the organizer set up the FB group).

I am new to DIS and am glad that I found this forum. We will be staying at Pop 1/3-1/8. It will be my kids first visit. I think I am as excited as the kids.

Yay!! Welcome to DIS and this thread. Yes, I get more excited than my kids about going to Disney ... and they get plenty excited!!

Oh, hi there! My boyfriend and I are escaping Minnesota for our first trip to Disney together January 6-10th. We're staying at AoA, LM section. Our gameplan for now is:

6th - Chillin at the pool, Downtown Disney
7th - Epcot
8th - HS, dinner Sci-Fi
9th - MK, dinner BOG!
10th - Epcot, dinner Via Napoli
11th-15th - Recovery in Fort Lauderdale

Looking for some great January discounts, but at AoA we may be left out. Hope to see lots of friendly faces!

Travis

PS - If you'd like to send an invite to the cool kids, I'm facebook.com/javert78 - also interested in Photopass.

Welcome Travis! I will send you a FB friend request from "Marsha XX" (just don't want to publish my last name here). Once you accept, then I can add you to the FB group. People on there are organizing Photopass. I think there are 2 groups already.

Still looking forward to our trip but i have nothing else to report LOL.

Me too! My only new "news" is that we are considering what Nassau excursions to do, if any, since our WDW trip is both a land and sea trip.

Still looking forward to my trip. It's a nice thought during breaks while working on schoolwork.

Nothing new to report except that I think we're going to the parks Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and shopping, etc. Tuesday and Thursday.

We do breaks too and don't go in the parks every day or not all days. It's a lot easier to do when we have AP.

I'm IMPATIENTLY waiting for my friends to let me know their plans, because our plans hindge on theirs. :hyper:

I think I'm going to book some JUST-IN-CASE ADRs :thumbsup2

Good idea!

Hi guys! :wave2: We are planning to visit Disney January 15-19th. I'm eagerly awaiting free dining before booking the room. We just got off the Disney Wonder on a 7-night cruise to Alaska and we thought we were done with Disney for a little while. WRONG! Southwest has to go and have a sale! Any excuse to visit Disney! So we've got flights booked, but no room yet. We're planning on Pop, but would love to try Art of Animation. I'd also like free dining, but could live without it. It'll be myself, my husband, our 5 year old son, and my mom, who will be driving up from Ft. Lauderdale to play with us. My initial plan is to play at the hotel on Tuesday, Hollywood Studios on Wednesday, Magic Kingdom on Thursday, and Animal Kingdom on Friday. Have a great weekend!

Welcome!! I don't feel 100% unless I know there is a WDW trip on the horizon, so I know what you mean. We'll say we will wait and go someplace else and then somehow we always go back!:thumbsup2

Ok, I am current on travel dates up to page 42.

Please be patient as I continue to make updates (while my DD3 is sleeping!)

Just wanted to let my January DIS friends know that it appears Disney released today a whole bunch of open reservations for Le Cellier for the week I'm going in January and other days in January as well.

I had been checking 5-6 times a day for availbility for Le Cellier for the past 3 weeks hoping to catch a cancellation. Was starting to get discouraged but then today found a treasure chest full of open slots!! Booked for the time I wanted. :cool1:

So great of you to let us know!!:cool1:

OMG high fives for you! i had totally given up trying to get a dinner there but thanks to your awesomness, i got a 7:40 dinner! you rule!:worship:

Yay!!

We slipped into double digits over the weekend -- just 97 days to go for us since we arrive on December 30th :mickeyjum:donald:

Hello to all the people who joined the thread in the last little while! :wave2:

I'm having trouble finding decent air fare from Toronto, so we may end up flying from Buffalo instead, but of course there are extra expenses with that as well, not to mention it's not quite as convenient since we are literally 15 minutes from the Toronto airport :crazy2:

We're planning to be in Epcot on New Year's Eve -- anyone else going there? If so let me know if you'd like to do a Dis-meet. I'll be there with my DS (7) and my Mother.

Epcot for NYE = wonderful!!

Cant wait for September 30th!!!!...we are really hoping for free dinning or at least room discounts if not we may move the trip to the fall...havent bought airfare yet because of it....i hope if Disney decides not to do a free dinning in January they make it known by either saying it or by giving a new free dinning offer on different dates which will automatically let us know that January is off the table...keeping fingers crossed though...

I just find it strange for them to give free dinning while the new opening of MK attractions and also the busiest time of the yr which is the holidays...if u get there by the 22nd u can enjoy free dining christmas and new yr...and then dont give it in january when is a lot slower?

I really wonder what Disney is thinking...got to check the boards since it's 10/1 ...maybe they released something...

Happily joining!! January 23-26~~~short trip this year since we will be visiting my brand new niece first, then off to Disney with our main focus on seeing the new Fantasyland:wizard:

Even a short trip is better than none at all! Congrats on your niece!

Joining thread.

1/28-2/2 staying off site Jen24 and DH. First time for just a couple WDW trip!

Welcome! I'll add you to the thread.

Joining the group, too! Our plan is to go in early January, 3 or 4 days before our first cruise. The cruise was picked first, but as long as we were as 'close' as Tampa, no way I'd pass on stopping in to see the Mouse!

Welcome! Once you have details, let us know and I'll add them to the first post.

We are doing our 1st DCL cruise in Jan too (Jan 17th Dream, 3 night).

We stayed at Pop last winter and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. We feel other resorts offer significantly better amenities and dining experiences. This past spring we stayed in a water view pirate room at CBR. Our five year old twin boys won't stop talking about it. Definitely worth the $$. Just my opinion but I hope this helps. Cheers!!

I like Pop if you are trying to save money. This summer my DD7 and I did a split stay at both Pop and POR. I agree, POR was sooooo much nicer but comes with a pricier tag, too. Pop was perfectly fine. POR was wonderful!

We are looking into a January 2013 trip for 5-7 days, with only ~3 at the parks. This year it will be myself, my wife, and our high school age foreign exchange student.

I'd really like to stay at POR, having visited it briefly last winter. It is beautiful!

But we are on a tight budget. I have enough frequent flier points for 2 "free" airline tickets, so we only need to buy one. If we stay off-site at Bahama Bay (which we like) we will spend ~$1,500 for lodging, car rental, and 3 days at the parks (plus food, with some meals at the condo to reduce costs).

If we stay at POR it will cost ~$2,100 for lodging and 3 days at the parks - with no car needed (plus we must buy very expensive on-site food).

Free dining would cover most of the $600 pricing difference, and eliminate the extra expense of on-site dining. And it would be so much fun for our third-world teen exchange student to get the full experience!

I'm checking online each day, hoping for the free dining offer for January. I'm open to other ideas from the experts here though!

Only other thought is to stay at a value resort to save money but still be on property. Maybe stay at AOA-LM rooms so at least you get to experience a new resort, too.

We, myself (6th trip), my husband (2nd trip) and daughter 5yo FIRST trip, will be staying at All Star Movies!

-Fran =)

Welcome! I'll look your name up on FB. If you are the only Francine Kent Chandler, you'll be getting a FB friend request from me soon (Marsha XX). Then I just need you to accept me as a friend and I can add you to the group. (That's the way the organizer set up the group).

How does one get added to the Facebook page?

See instructions in the first post.:goodvibes

-Fran =)

I just sent you a FB friend request.

Okay so this is our 30 something trip BUT we have never been there in January. Scared of the snow on the mountains between Indiana and Florida.:crazy2:

We moved to the Tampa Bay area about a year ago and since January is the only time we have not been to DW you know we just gotta go!:cool1:

Waiting on a good room deal and hoping to see some of my DIS friends then and if anyone has any good advice about when to go then I am all :listen:

Slightly Goofy

January is such an unusual month...at the beginning you still get crowds from Christmas/NYE but you can also see some of the decorations...then you have a lull in crowds but also in park hours...then it picks up a bit for marathons and MLK weekend but the parks stay open a bit longer, too.

You still have BTG which will affect your plans (somewhat ... to a lot!) depending if you get stuck behind the groups.

The month starts out basically cool and generally ends warmer..but anything can happen.

We were scared for our 1st full week vacation in January (previously only did a weekend) but it turned out to be one of our best!

:confused3OK still waiting for some Jan discounts! What are everyones thoughts? We are going Jan 3-13 really would like free dining. I have seen chatter about some offers maybe coming out October?

I just can't believe discounts are available either. Normally, we use DVC points but we didn't have enough so are doing a split stay. So the one time we need to take advantage of some good deals ... and there are none!

I guess I jinxed all the discounts!:rotfl:

We are going back to WDW from Jan 1 to Jan 5. We're staying at AoA. I'm very excited to stay there!

Last year we had a family reunion at WDW over Christmas week. I vowed then never to go back during that time of year and look at us now going the week after Christmas! :teeth: Oh well! We are hoping that this trip will be more laid back and relaxing since it will be only our family of four instead of 15 family members touring the parks!

Gayl :tinker:

Anytime at Disney is good, as long as you prepare yourself ahead of time, ya know?? Some of our best vacations were in middle of July ... but the easiest vacations are in off-peak, no doubt about that!

Ok, I should be caught up on dates. If yours is missing, incorrect or you sent me a PM with your FB link and I didn't respond, please let me know.

If you accidentally deleted my FB friend request, no worries. Just send me a PM with the link to your FB page so I can friend you again.

Marsha

Ok, I should be caught up on dates. If yours is missing, incorrect or you sent me a PM with your FB link and I didn't respond, please let me know.

If you accidentally deleted my FB friend request, no worries. Just send me a PM with the link to your FB page so I can friend you again.

Marsha

I'd love to be added to the fb group...Cari Colby Magrino

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter