Official inaugural Tower of Terror 10 miler thread. September 29, 2012

now that the map is out I am excited. My training is on course and I feel good where I am at, Now if I can just maintain the training.

I am so looking forward to this run.
I love the fact the finish line is actually at the tower of terror, very cool!

Bryan

I just studied the map. I'm familiar with those roads. My question, how are spectators going to be able to access the roadway portion of the course to cheer us on? Also, a lot of traffic will have to be diverted during operational park hours.

I'm a little disappointed in the course, too. I hope that running through WWoS is cool and that there's LOTS of entertainment on the road portions. I'm sure it'll be a fun experience but I remember some really long stretches of road from January's marathon. ;)

Amanda

I just studied the map. I'm familiar with those roads. My question, how are spectators going to be able to access the roadway portion of the course to cheer us on? Also, a lot of traffic will have to be diverted during operational park hours.

From the "Spectator Resources" information at the RunDisney's TOT page:

Spectators are encouraged to view the 10-Miler start at Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you wish to view the races from inside the park or at the finish, you will need to purchase a Disney Villains Hollywood Bash Tickets Ticket. No course viewing areas will be available outside of Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Is anyone not staying at a host resort? I'm trying to figure out the logistics of driving to HS from AOA before the race with all of those roads closed!

I'm trying to figure out where we're going to stay. Online it says that the regular rooms at Boardwalk are booked so I'm contemplating the WL but am unsure about transportation as well.

We're not staying at a host resort either (staying at AOA:cool1:). Since we're flying in we'll be using a taxi to and from WWoS and HS. As for directions around the road closures... I would think the folks at the concierge desk in the resorts could help you out with that.:thumbsup2

We're not staying at a host resort either (staying at AOA:cool1:). Since we're flying in we'll be using a taxi to and from WWoS and HS. As for directions around the road closures... I would think the folks at the concierge desk in the resorts could help you out with that.:thumbsup2

There are buses that run on a regular schedule to WWoS from Pop during the day. We're staying at AoA, too; I'll walk over to Pop to hop the bus for my packet pick-up.

We are staying at SSR which I don't believe is a host resort. I haven't thought about what to do. Perhaps we will drive to one of the host resorts. We will have a rental. Or maybe just get in a cab? It'll probably be worth it afterwards.

I'm also not staying at a host resort - we'll be up at the Poly - but we always rent a car so we will probably just drive :thumbsup2

We're not at a host resort either, but will have our own car. I am trying to figure out though, how we'll get back to WWoS from HS after the race...

DH and I are starting training this week! I haven't run since the Princess. I've been doing pt for tendinitis in both knees. He hasn't run since college, and this is his first race! I'm actually pretty psyched for the course. I was expecting a lot of highway. I like that the end of the race is the fun stuff! :thumbsup2

Logistically I have no idea how things are going to work for us. We are staying at CSR and will have a car. Where do you park for the start? In DHS parking lots? What is the call time? We were wait listed and are now in, haven't received anything from runDisney yet. :goodvibes

Don't know where I'm staying, either; waiting for passholder discounts before booking. It sure looks like parking will be in the DHS lot, since the course starts and finishes there. Buses run 7:00 - 8:00pm... that doesn't seem like a very big window! I don't see info about road closures or what time cars should arrive, yet.

We are staying at AoA also. Couldn't we just take a regular park bus to HS or will they not be running?

We are staying at AoA also. Couldn't we just take a regular park bus to HS or will they not be running?

I don't know, I wasn't able to find any information on that. I am most worried about getting back as it will be LATE and the park buses will not be running

I would imagine you can park at the MGM lots. I am staying at BW and plan on walking to start.

I don't know, I wasn't able to find any information on that. I am most worried about getting back as it will be LATE and the park buses will not be running

More than likely there will be cabs available at HS after the past race party...there were plenty last year at the Wine & Dine half after party. If for some reason there's not and you can't find anyone to call one for you, as a last resort, you could always hop on any of the host resort busses and have the front desk of that hotel call a cab for you from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter