Official inaugural Tower of Terror 10 miler thread. September 29, 2012

With the release of ticket sales for the party, I was hoping for a little more info, but I think my compulsive over-planner side may be hoping for the totally unreasonable. As a commando park planner, I want to know exactly what will be open during the Villains Bash so I know what to plan for my other park hours. Yes, the list of rides is out (which is wonderful), but I am actually stuck on the food. Other than the banana and bagel runner finish line food, I wish I knew what/if any food options will be open. Will I be able to sit on Sunset Blvd and eat a sandwich from one of the QS places there? Will any of the QS places be open and serving a normal menu?

I know, its somewhat silly that I am so concerned about this at this early point, but I am always so hungry after long runs and if I am going to be spending another 3 hours playing in the park, I am going to need a real meal, and would like to have a sense of what will be available (and where, to make a sort-of plan of attack for the night).

Anyone have any thoughts? Speculations even? I keep thinking that the food places on Sunset Blvd are the most likely to be open, since that area seems to have the most attractions open, but anyone have other thoughts? What places are the most likely to be open during an after-hours event at DHS with limited operations?

I know at Everest's post race party last year they had 1 QSR open (Restrauntasarus) and several popcorn/ice carts and a few merchandise locations (Everest/Dinosaur and Chester n Hesters)

I know the QSR stayed fairly busy all night so I have no doubt there will be atleast 1 if not more (as I bet ToT has more runners than Everest) open. My thoughts are that it would be Sunset as its one of the largest and most diverse..

-em

I know, its somewhat silly that I am so concerned about this at this early point, but I am always so hungry after long runs and if I am going to be spending another 3 hours playing in the park, I am going to need a real meal, and would like to have a sense of what will be available (and where, to make a sort-of plan of attack for the night).
You are not alone - I've been wondering the same thing!

I know at Everest's post race party last year they had 1 QSR open (Restrauntasarus) and several popcorn/ice carts and a few merchandise locations (Everest/Dinosaur and Chester n Hesters)

I know the QSR stayed fairly busy all night so I have no doubt there will be atleast 1 if not more (as I bet ToT has more runners than Everest) open. My thoughts are that it would be Sunset as its one of the largest and most diverse.
Thanks - that's reassuring to hear! :thumbsup2

Got my family's tickets to the party! And got 4.5 miles in this morning before work.

I've also been wondering about the food situation. That's one of the reasons I was disappointed when they moved the Wine and Dine for this. I knew I'd be able to get good food after that one, but food at the Studios is marginal at best even when everything is open. I'd like to see some extra carts selling special things they don't have out all the time, but I'm sure that's just wishful thinking. I hope they do at least have the ice cream carts open. Frozen fruit bars have become my favorite recovery food item immediately after a run. Oh, and Starring Rolls for a cupcake! lol

Does anyone know if the medal will be the same as the ToT 13K. Hubby and I are thinking of running and I already have one like that, he doesn't so we are just curious.

Thanks

My little cousin and I are doing this. It will be a push for me to be ready, but having a partner who's 20 years younger than me should help keep my accountable! :)

Where did you find a list of rides that will be open? I'm stumped :confused3

"Runners and Guests can party in the shadow of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ at the Disney Villains Hollywood Bash where you will enjoy Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ , Star Tours, Muppet*Vision 3D, The Great Movie Ride, and Toy Story Mania!, in addition to DJs and character meet & greets with your favorite Disney Villains."

Pulled from the RunDisney site. It seems fairly likely that this is the specific list of attractions for the evening.

Still no course map, but the medal is posted on runDisney's Facebook page!

581157_429212023771432_139057592786878_81075132_98475555_n.jpg

The elevator slid on the original one (or at least it does on mine). Neat that the medal itself glows instead of just the ribbon.

If flight prices would just go down, I could convince my DH to go for our anniversary and I could do the ToT!

Also, I've only done 5ks so I will be tested in a local race coming up (the MountainGoat 10 miles, very hilly, ugh!) and I think I'll see how I feel when I'm done with that.

I love the medals though! They are awesome and I want one!!:worship:

I'm actually sort of surprised that the medal is so similar to the one for the 13K. I was hoping it would be completely different. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter