Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

The boat is your best bet if you don't want to use the monorail at all. You can also walk from MK to GF now; so if you don't mind a long walk, you can use that path to go from MK all the way to the Poly.

What is the best way to get from MK to the Poly without the monorail? Would it be boat, or monorail to TTC then walk to Poly?

There are also smaller boats that run from the MK directly to the Polynesian and Grand Floridian. (I think it stops at the GF first but not positive). Look for the Gold Launch.

Best way to get from Movies to the Fantasia mini golf place? And is it reasonable to walk from Fantasia to Epcot when we're done?

Best way to get from Movies to the Fantasia mini golf place? And is it reasonable to walk from Fantasia to Epcot when we're done?
'Best way' (and I rarely say this) is Uber/Lyft. It's just not overly convenient to get to Fantasia from most resorts.

Another option is to take a bus to DHS. Friendship Boat to Swan and walk over to Fantasia from there.

Yes, you can walk from Fantasia Gardens to Epcot - International Gateway. It is 0.7 of a mile.

Another option we've done is after mini golfing we've crossed over to the Swan and taken the Friendship Boat to International Gateway. After a long day with lots of walking, the boat was a nice way to cut down on some steps.

'Best way' (and I rarely say this) is Uber/Lyft. It's just not overly convenient to get to Fantasia from most resorts.

Another option is to take a bus to DHS. Friendship Boat to Swan and walk over to Fantasia from there.

Yes, you can walk from Fantasia Gardens to Epcot - International Gateway. It is 0.7 of a mile.

Another option we've done is after mini golfing we've crossed over to the Swan and taken the Friendship Boat to International Gateway. After a long day with lots of walking, the boat was a nice way to cut down on some steps.

Thanks!

I’m trying to figure out how to get 6 from Dolphin to Riviera for an early morning breakfast then back to Epcot in time for opening. Hoping for a 7:30 am reservation provided we get that lucky. Skyliner won’t be running but hopefully will on the way back. Have heard that Uber/Lyft has been hard to come by lately... is this something you could rent a town car for?

I am looking for opinions on the best way to get 8 people (including 2 toddlers) from Kidani Village to Riviera for breakfast.

Would it be best to take a bus to Animal Kingdom and then bus to Riviera from there?

Maybe Bus to EPCOT or Hollywood Studios and take the Skyliner from there?

Uber or Lyft?

Something else I'm missing?

I would appreciate any and all help. Thank you!

I am looking for opinions on the best way to get 8 people (including 2 toddlers) from Kidani Village to Riviera for breakfast.

Would it be best to take a bus to Animal Kingdom and then bus to Riviera from there?

Uber or Lyft?

I don't have a recommendation for which route you should take, but, taking the bus to EPCOT won't do you any good, as that brings you to the front of the park. From there, there is no way to get to the Skyliner without going THROUGH the park to the International Gateway.

Uber or Lyft?

What time is your breakfast reservation?

I do not currently have a reservation. This is speculative planning I would say. Our trip is in October so I can't book ADR's yet :(
Thanks. The reason I asked was if you’re considering using the Skyliner to get to Riviera you’ll need to ensure your reservation is not too early.

I don’t know what transportation times will be like in Oct but right to now buses are not running until about an hour before park opening.

If using Disney transportation you’d want to leave time to take a bus from Kidani to DHS then a Skyliner to CBR and then a second Skyliner to Riviera. At that time of day Skyliner lines can be long at the CBR transfer station.

My thoughts are, if you can arrange for private transport it would be much easier.

Can someone help me with the easiest way to get from Kidani Village to Contemporary (Chef Mickey's) for breakfast? I have read a taxi, but there are 8 of us. If so, would that mean 2 taxi's? Otherwise, would it be take the shuttle to MK and walk to Contemporary? Any idea how long that would take?

Can someone help me with the easiest way to get from Kidani Village to Contemporary (Chef Mickey's) for breakfast? I have read a taxi, but there are 8 of us. If so, would that mean 2 taxi's? Otherwise, would it be take the shuttle to MK and walk to Contemporary? Any idea how long that would take?
As long as your reservation is close to or after park opening, you can take a bus to MK then either walk (approx 12-15 min walk) or, take the resort line monorail from MK to Contemporary.

Thanks. The reason I asked was if you’re considering using the Skyliner to get to Riviera you’ll need to ensure your reservation is not too early.

I don’t know what transportation times will be like in Oct but right to now buses are not running until about an hour before park opening.

If using Disney transportation you’d want to leave time to take a bus from Kidani to DHS then a Skyliner to CBR and then a second Skyliner to Riviera. At that time of day Skyliner lines can be long at the CBR transfer station.

My thoughts are, if you can arrange for private transport it would be much easier.

Thank you. That makes sense. I really appreciate your help!

POP to Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village (Sanaa) and back?

I tried to find this somewhere but this thread is just SO long! I know we'll have to go through somewhere but wondering which would be the fastest/easiest? Bus to AK and another bus from there to AKL? Skyliner to Epcot or HS and bus from there? Or will it all take so long we should just use a carshare? This will be on a Tuesday night, our arrival day, so we should be able to book a reservation for dinner before all of the parks let out and transportation becomes crowded.

POP to Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village (Sanaa) and back?

I tried to find this somewhere but this thread is just SO long! I know we'll have to go through somewhere but wondering which would be the fastest/easiest? Bus to AK and another bus from there to AKL? Skyliner to Epcot or HS and bus from there? Or will it all take so long we should just use a carshare? This will be on a Tuesday night, our arrival day, so we should be able to book a reservation for dinner before all of the parks let out and transportation becomes crowded.
There are 2 options to get from Pop to AKL:
1. Take a bus to AK then a second bus to AKL

2. Take the Skyliner to DHS and then a bus to AKL

You will not want to take the Skyliner to Epcot as it lets you off at the International Gateway so you would be no further ahead. The buses to Epcot let you off at the front of the park and the Skyliner lets you off at the back. There is no way to get from the Skyliner to a bus unless you go through the park itself which requires a park ticket and reservation.

I would recommend a carshare on the way back although 2 other options depending on what time it is and park hours:
1. Take a bus from AKL to Epcot and then a bus to Art of Animation and walk across the bridge to Pop or,
2. Take a bus from AKL to Disney Springs and then a bus to Pop.

If Epcot is open, the first option is more time efficient but more walking.

Last edited:
I would recommend a carshare on the way back although 2 other options depending on what time it is and park hours:
1. Take a bus from AKL to Epcot and then a bus to Pop or,
2. Take a bus from AKL to Disney Springs and then a bus to Pop.
If Epcot is open, the first option is more time efficient.

Do buses run back to POP from the main entrance of Epcot at the end of the day?

Do buses run back to POP from the main entrance of Epcot at the end of the day?
No sorry, you’re right. I will correct my OP. You can take a bus to Epcot then a bus go Art of Animation snd walk over the bridge to Pop. All this will depend on how late Epcot is open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter