Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I'm sure I will be able to figure this out once I get to the resort, but what's the best way to get from Yacht and Beach Club to the Grand Floridian? We have reservations at GF at 10:30am.

Thanks!

Do the WDW buses run from hollywood studios to DTD and back again?

Got to do that shopping!

Thanks!

I have a couple of transportation questions :confused3-

1. We are planning to go to Fantasmic for a 7pm showing (standby, plan to get in the back for easy departure) is it possible to get to Whispering Canyons at WL for a 8:20 reservation. Never been to Fantasmic, but thinking its about a 30 minute show?
  2. Another night we have dinner at the Yachtsman at 8:15. Will we be able to get back to AKL that late via bus? Or should we just drive to the YC that night?
  3. Another late reservation on another night at Ohana -9:50, MK closes at 9 that night. How would we get back to AKL? (I am trying every day to get an earlier dinner at Ohana, no luck so far!) This is a night it would be tricky to use our own car b/c we are wanting to go back to MK and watch wishes at 8pm, then make our way to dinner afterwards. Ideally we would take the bus to MK earlier in the day, but just not sure how to get back to AKL that night

Thanks for your help!:thumbsup2

I have a couple of transportation questions :confused3-

1. We are planning to go to Fantasmic for a 7pm showing (standby, plan to get in the back for easy departure) is it possible to get to Whispering Canyons at WL for a 8:20 reservation. Never been to Fantasmic, but thinking its about a 30 minute show?
  2. Another night we have dinner at the Yachtsman at 8:15. Will we be able to get back to AKL that late via bus? Or should we just drive to the YC that night?
  3. Another late reservation on another night at Ohana -9:50, MK closes at 9 that night. How would we get back to AKL? (I am trying every day to get an earlier dinner at Ohana, no luck so far!) This is a night it would be tricky to use our own car b/c we are wanting to go back to MK and watch wishes at 8pm, then make our way to dinner afterwards. Ideally we would take the bus to MK earlier in the day, but just not sure how to get back to AKL that night

Thanks for your help!:thumbsup2
1. It's going to be tight. Fantasmic is a bit over 30 mins. Even if you're seated at the top, in the rear (CMs usually direct you as to where to sit vs you choosing), it can take a fairly long time to get out of the theater area. Then you have to get to the bus area, wait for TE bus to get there, and then to WL. Yes, you could make it in time...but maybe not. You might want to drive that day as well.

2. I would just drive. You could take a bus to either an open park or to DTD and then transfer to an AKL bus, but that's time consuming. Having a car would mean you could enjoy your meal and relax. Much nicer.

3. Why not just drive, park at the TTC and go from there? You can walk back to the TTC from the Polynesian....takes less than 10 mins. Then hop in the car and back to AKL.

A car is a huge plus when booking late dinners at other resorts.

Thank you! I have changed my ADR on the fantasmic to a later time so as not to be rushed. And it looks like we will drive whenever we have a late resort ADR too. We booked this trip at 30ish days out so we have some nights a little later than we would like, but I am just glad we were able to get ADR's for the main restaurants we wanted and we are trying a few new places too!

How do you get from the Contemporary to Trails End for the Breakfast Buffet.
Not sure at the early morning times what runs.

How do you get from the Contemporary to Trails End for the Breakfast Buffet.
Not sure at the early morning times what runs.
There is a boat from CR directly to Fort Wilderness, where Trails' End is located. Make sure you get off at Fort Wilderness, not Wilderness Lodge; the boat from CR docks at both.

First boat leaves about 6:45am daily.

Scooters or Guests in wheelchairs cannot be accommodated on these boats. They can walk or ride the Resort Monorail (starting at 7am) to MK. Boats from MK to Fort Wilderness do accommodate scooters or wheelchairs, starting around MK opening time. Earlier than that, a bus from MK to Wilderness Lodge would be required (starting about 6:30am), and then a 2nd bus from WL to Fort Wilderness Settlement.

We are going to the Luau at Poly January 9. Show time is 5:15. Planning on staying afterwards and watching Wishes at 8pm and EWP at 9pm from the beach. Which route would you suggest we take back to POFQ afterwards? Thanks

We are going to the Luau at Poly January 9. Show time is 5:15. Planning on staying afterwards and watching Wishes at 8pm and EWP at 9pm from the beach. Which route would you suggest we take back to POFQ afterwards? Thanks
Resort Monorail to MK, then bus to POFQ.

Resort Monorail runs until 10:30, and MK closes at 9 so buses should be running until at least 10.

I think the boat to MK will also still be running; if so, you can take that instead of the monorail.

Hi All,

We are having dinner at 5:30 at The Wave, which would be the quickest way to get to EPCOT for Illuminations at 9. Monorail to EPCOT and walk to a good spot or walk from Contemporary to MK and get a bus to Boardwalk and walk in the backdoor?

Thanks for any responses!

There is a boat from CR directly to Fort Wilderness, where Trails' End is located. Make sure you get off at Fort Wilderness, not Wilderness Lodge; the boat from CR docks at both.

First boat leaves about 6:45am daily.

Scooters or Guests in wheelchairs cannot be accommodated on these boats. They can walk or ride the Resort Monorail (starting at 7am) to MK. Boats from MK to Fort Wilderness do accommodate scooters or wheelchairs, starting around MK opening time. Earlier than that, a bus from MK to Wilderness Lodge would be required (starting about 6:30am), and then a 2nd bus from WL to Fort Wilderness Settlement.

Thank you so much for this helpful information!!

Hi, What's the best way to get from the Poly to the ESPN Center?

thanks.
A cab is going to be your best bet. Unless there is something special going on that provided resort to ESPN transportation.

Hi All,

We are having dinner at 5:30 at The Wave, which would be the quickest way to get to EPCOT for Illuminations at 9. Monorail to EPCOT and walk to a good spot or walk from Contemporary to MK and get a bus to Boardwalk and walk in the backdoor?

Thanks for any responses!
If you eat at 5:30, you should be done by 7:00. Figure no more than an hour to get to Epcot. Gives you plenty of time to find a good spot for viewing.
It's really six of one, half dozen of another as to the best way to do it. And where you'll be heading after IllumiNations. If you're heading out of the International Gateway, then go to MK, hop on the BW bus and enter through the 'back door', and get a spot. When it's time to leave, just walk out the Gateway.....very quick. But, if you're heading back to the buses, or monorail after IllumiNations, then you may be better off taking the monorail to the TTC, transferring to the Epcot line, and then getting a viewing spot at that end of the lake. Quicker walk out that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter