• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

We have dinner reservations at Chef Mickey's in a couple weeks and want to play miniature golf afterwards. We don't care if it is the Fantasia or Winter Summerland courses. What is the easiest way to get there? Is there transportation back to Port Orleans when were are done?

FG would be easiest, if you don't mind a little walking and can finish golfing before DHS closes. (DHS is open until 9:30 or later thru the end of August.) From CR, walk to MK and take the bus to the Swan Hotel. FG is a short walk across the street from the Swan. After golf, walk back to the Swan and take the boat to DHS, or you can walk directly to DHS from FG. Then take the bus from DHS to PO.

Shortest walk from FG to DHS is to walk past the entrance of the Swan out to the main road (Buena Vista Dr.) Turn left on BVD and follow the sidewalk across the bridge. Just past the bridge, there's a pathway down the hill to the walkway from BW to DHS. Turn left on the walkway, going under the bridge and on to DHS. I think it's around a mile total.

If you can't get to DHS before the buses stop running (about 90 minutes after the start of the of the last Fantasmic!), you'll have to take the bus from the Swan to MK if it's still open, or bus to DTD and then boat (until 11) or bus (until 2 a.m.) back to PO.

W-S is at BB water park. If you finish dinner before BB closes, you can get a bus from CR to BB. (The bus may say AK & BB on the marquee, or just AK; either way, tell the driver you are going to BB for mini-golf.) The only transportation to/from W-S after BB has closed is via Epcot. From CR, you would take the monorail to TTC, transfer to the Epcot monorail, and then bus to BB. After golf, bus back to Epcot, then bus to PO. Buses from BB and connections at Epcot will be available until W-S closing time, even if Epcot has already closed.

SO, thinking about it, which is easier all depends on timing. If you finish dinner before BB closes, W-S would probably be easier. If you finish dinner after BB has closed, but can finish golfing before DHS closes, FG might be easier. If it's late enough that you don't think you'll finish golfing before DHS closes, W-S might be a better choice.

How would one get from Wilderness Lodge to Disney Wide World of SPorts without a car?? TIA!

It's going to take 3 buses (or a boat + 2 buses.)

1st you need to travel to a theme park, then to Pop Century, and finally on to ESPN WWS. The bus to EWWS leaves Pop every 30 minutes, at about :05 & :35, arriving at EWWS at about :25 & :55. It runs only on days and during times that something is scheduled at EWWS.

I would suggest DHS as the initial transfer point, unless you prefer to take the boat to MK. The entire trip will likely take 60-90 minutes, depending on when you arrive at Pop.

If you're going to EWWS as part of a RunDisney race, buses are available from "official sponsor" resorts directly to EWWS. The sponsor resorts vary with the size of the race.

Ok, I've been reading, but I gave up on all 200+ pages.

1. Buses only run from resort to park (and vice versa) but not resort to resort?
If I want to go from OKW to BC, I need to go to EPCOT and walk over? (I know I could catch a bus from EPCOT to BC, but it's probably longer to take the bus.

2. The day we are checking out, we have breakfast planned for 1900 Park Fare. I planned to be packed the day/night before, so we'll probably drive from OKW to GF. Is this a problem? I've read parking (if not staying there) is a problem. Is it hard to get to?

3. I know OKW is huge. Does it take longer to get to the parks than on other buses? We stayed at POR last time and I can't imagine anything taking longer to get anywhere than it did while waiting for/trying to get on a bus at POR. It became a joke. When we'd approach the bus depot at the park close, we'd look at all the mostly empty bus stops, and there'd be one with a 3 or 4 bus MOB, and we'd automatically know it was for POR.

1. Buses only run from resort to park (and vice versa) but not resort to resort?
If I want to go from OKW to BC, I need to go to EPCOT and walk over? (I know I could catch a bus from EPCOT to BC, but it's probably longer to take the bus.

Probably not and no.

You could take the bus to Epcot and walk, but you'll need to walk through the park, which means that the park will have to be open and you'll need valid admission. If that isn't the case, you'll need to take the bus to DHS and then walk or take the boat to BC.

There is not a bus from Epcot to BC.

2. The day we are checking out, we have breakfast planned for 1900 Park Fare. I planned to be packed the day/night before, so we'll probably drive from OKW to GF. Is this a problem? I've read parking (if not staying there) is a problem. Is it hard to get to?

No problem. They may give you a 3 hour parking pass.

3. I know OKW is huge. Does it take longer to get to the parks than on other buses? We stayed at POR last time and I can't imagine anything taking longer to get anywhere than it did while waiting for/trying to get on a bus at POR. It became a joke. When we'd approach the bus depot at the park close, we'd look at all the mostly empty bus stops, and there'd be one with a 3 or 4 bus MOB, and we'd automatically know it was for POR.

That I can't answer.

1. Take the bus to DHS, then walk or boat to BC. The walk takes about 15-20 mins. Why not just drive there? That would take about 8 mins total.

2. Parking isn't a problem..it's just a bit of a walk from the parking lot to the main bldgs. I would choose to drive.

3. No, not really. The funny thing? When I was at POR in June, I never had an issue with the buses. It is a large resort, so has multiple bus stops...couldn't possibly be done any other way. We never waited more than 10 mins for a bus to, or from, POR. The only resorts with very good bus service are Pop and AoA....those buses have one bus stop per park, and once you get on that bus, you go directly to the park. No sharing with other resorts. OKW buses won't take any longer than most other resort buses.
I have to ask...if you have a car, why take the bus? The only park I would insist on busing to is MK..otherwise you have to park at the TTC and then monorail or boat over to MK.

We are using Disney transportation only so please also include what time we should head there, I would rather we be way early than late

1. All Star Movies to Fort Wilderness dinner at Trail's End Restaurant 7:30pm then back to All Star Movies

2. Epcot to Downtown Disney dinner at Planet Hollywood 10pm then to All Star Movies

3. All Star Movies to Grand Floridian breakfast at 1900 Park Fare 8:15am then to Magic Kingdom

Thanks for all the help, in the past I drove so had a vehicle to drive all over so nothing was a problem to get to.

We are using Disney transportation only so please also include what time we should head there, I would rather we be way early than late

1. All Star Movies to Fort Wilderness dinner at Trail's End Restaurant 7:30pm then back to All Star Movies
Bus to MK, boat to FtW. 6pm
2. Epcot to Downtown Disney dinner at Planet Hollywood 10pm then to All Star Movies
Bus to POFQ, bus or boat to DTD. 8:30pm (add 15 minutes by boat).
Bus to ASM.
3. All Star Movies to Grand Floridian breakfast at 1900 Park Fare 8:15am then to Magic Kingdom
Bus to MK. Monorail to GF, or bus if monorails are not running (ask bus driver.) 6:45am.
Monorail to MK.

Need to go from dinner at AKL (Boma) back to our resort (Port Orleans Riverside). I was thinking AKL bus to DTD and then boat back to our resort.

Does that seem like the easiest way to go or is there something else I'm overlooking?

Both Boma and POR are new to us. :wave2:

It appears Monorail is on limited hours 8:30, 9 or 9:30 - can't figure which is which. Booked at Contemporary for first time because we wanted to be on the monorail for a change and Polynesian (1st choice) has pool closed end of August. Now we're booked at a hotel on the monorail and it appears we're going to have to take a bus for early park entry. :sad:

Question - if I book an early morning breakfast at O'Hana's - can we walk from Contemporary to O'Hana's since we can't take monorail at 7:30?

It appears Monorail is on limited hours 8:30, 9 or 9:30 - can't figure which is which. Booked at Contemporary for first time because we wanted to be on the monorail for a change and Polynesian (1st choice) has pool closed end of August. Now we're booked at a hotel on the monorail and it appears we're going to have to take a bus for early park entry. :sad: Question - if I book an early morning breakfast at O'Hana's - can we walk from Contemporary to O'Hana's since we can't take monorail at 7:30?

Not sure about walking, but 2 weeks ago we had an 8am reservation at Park Fare in GF and we were station at Poly. We took a bus. Ask the concierge which bus you should take. A transportation worker told us to take the MK or TTC bus, because the next stop would be GF. I don't know if those buses were at Contemporary just before or not. The buses start running about 6:45am.

Not sure about walking, but 2 weeks ago we had an 8am reservation at Park Fare in GF and we were station at Poly. We took a bus. Ask the concierge which bus you should take. A transportation worker told us to take the MK or TTC bus, because the next stop would be GF. I don't know if those buses were at Contemporary just before or not. The buses start running about 6:45am.
As far as walking- Unfortunately, walking the leg between CR and TTC is unsafe, and not allowed. There's no sidewalk or path.

It appears Monorail is on limited hours 8:30, 9 or 9:30 - can't figure which is which. Booked at Contemporary for first time because we wanted to be on the monorail for a change and Polynesian (1st choice) has pool closed end of August. Now we're booked at a hotel on the monorail and it appears we're going to have to take a bus for early park entry. :sad:

Question - if I book an early morning breakfast at O'Hana's - can we walk from Contemporary to O'Hana's since we can't take monorail at 7:30?

• The Resort Monorail opens at 8:30 am.
  • Before the Resort Monorail opens, the TTC bus makes all of its stops except MK, so that is the one that would take you from CR to Poly. However, buses from CR to AK, DHS, & DTD all pick up at Poly after CR, so you could take any of those buses as well. Just check with the driver to make sure the bus is not skipping Poly because it's full.
  • As a PP said, you cannot walk from CR to Poly.
  • You won't need to take a bus for early entry to MK, as it's an easy walk from CR.
  • FYI, while the main Poly pool is closed, Poly Guests are being given complimentary admission to BB. Of course, this doesn't help if you like to swim in the evening, and there is still a lot of construction disruption around the resort.

Need to go from dinner at AKL (Boma) back to our resort (Port Orleans Riverside). I was thinking AKL bus to DTD and then boat back to our resort.

Does that seem like the easiest way to go or is there something else I'm overlooking?

Both Boma and POR are new to us. :wave2:

Transferring buses at any open theme park would probably be faster. MK would be the least efficient, but still possibly faster than DTD. The other 3 parks are all on the way between AKL & PO.

If you'd like to go thru DTD just to enjoy the boat ride or spend some time at DTD, there's nothing wrong with that. Buses come in to DTD a back way avoiding the construction area, but I don't know whether traffic approaching from that direction gets backed up in the evening. PO boats now dock at a brand new dock at DTD Marketplace, which is right next to the current bus loading area.

We are considering Cape May for dinner one night. From which park is it easier/quicker to leave the park to go to Cape May then return to the park after dinner...Epcot or HS?

We are considering Cape May for dinner one night. From which park is it easier/quicker to leave the park to go to Cape May then return to the park after dinner...Epcot or HS?

Epcot. It's a 5 minute walk.

DHS is a 20 minute walk or boat ride, so still pretty close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter