Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

OK, I'll give you transportation gurus a shot. :)

I'm staying at Pop Century. In the mornings, I plan to take the bus to save time and get to the action ASAP. In the evenings, maybe I'll experiment with monorails and boats for the sake of variety. I don't know. Maybe I should try a boat route in the morning one day. <shrug> Anyway, I'm going to MK, EP, HS, and AK on different days so if anyone has neat "suggested routes" for me to take either there or back, I'm all ears.

On the day I go to Animal Kingdom, I have dinner reservations at Il Mulino at the Swan. I THINK I'm going to want to run by our rooms to clean up a bit beforehand. I'll definitely take the bus from AK back to Pop Century then, but I'm not at all sure how best to get from Pop Century to the Swan (and back again). I suppose I could hop a bus bound for EPCOT and it might have a stop at the Boardwalk area along the way?

There's no way to get from Pop to the parks and back other than bus. If you want to go back to Pop after AK and then go to the Swan, an Epcot bus wouldn't stop at the Swan; a bus going from Pop to Epcot is only going to stop at Epcot. What you would have to do if you want to use Disney transportation is take the bus to DHS and then either take the boat to the Swan or you could walk, which I think would take about 20 minutes.

There's no way to get from Pop to the parks and back other than bus. If you want to go back to Pop after AK and then go to the Swan, an Epcot bus wouldn't stop at the Swan; a bus going from Pop to Epcot is only going to stop at Epcot. What you would have to do if you want to use Disney transportation is take the bus to DHS and then either take the boat to the Swan or you could walk, which I think would take about 20 minutes.

Thanks for the boat tip from DHS! That's exactly the sort of thing that I'd just never think of on my own. Should I assume that any large body of water connected to the parks or resorts would have boat transportation I can use?

You just reminded me of something my wife read somewhere. Are all of the buses from Pop to the parks direct? I'd always assumed that the buses made the rounds through the different resorts, but I think she said that Pop has direct buses and that's one reason she chose for us to stay there.

Walking to the Swan from DHS doesn't sound bad but I don't know what the weather will be like and I'll have my daughter with me after having walked around all day. I don't know if she'd be up for it or not. We plan to use a stroller when at the parks, but I was thinking of leaving it behind when we went out this night. Maybe I should reconsider that bit.

MMD281 said:
Thanks for the boat tip from DHS! That's exactly the sort of thing that I'd just never think of on my own. Should I assume that any large body of water connected to the parks or resorts would have boat transportation I can use?

You just reminded me of something my wife read somewhere. Are all of the buses from Pop to the parks direct? I'd always assumed that the buses made the rounds through the different resorts, but I think she said that Pop has direct buses and that's one reason she chose for us to stay there.

Walking to the Swan from DHS doesn't sound bad but I don't know what the weather will be like and I'll have my daughter with me after having walked around all day. I don't know if she'd be up for it or not. We plan to use a stroller when at the parks, but I was thinking of leaving it behind when we went out this night. Maybe I should reconsider that bit.
yes POP has direct busses and it doesn't share with the other hotels which is awessome!!! The boat is a nice ride it takes a bit but nice.

You can also take a cab from Pop to the Swan. It's very close so the fare would be around $10ish. You could avoid taking buses and walking that way.....then you don't have to rush so much.

You can also take a cab from Pop to the Swan. It's very close so the fare would be around $10ish. You could avoid taking buses and walking that way.....then you don't have to rush so much.

Hmmmm. You think I could get a cab from AK, swing by the Pop to just drop off a couple of things while the cab waits, and then take that cab to the Swan? I wonder how much that would cost me...

Is it quicker to drive to/from Epcot/Grand Floridian or just take the Monorail? (taking into consideration parking/walking) Staying offsite but spending the day at Epcot, breakfast at Grand Floridian first. Thanks!!

Hmmmm. You think I could get a cab from AK, swing by the Pop to just drop off a couple of things while the cab waits, and then take that cab to the Swan? I wonder how much that would cost me...

Probably somewhere between $40 and $50.

Is it quicker to drive to/from Epcot/Grand Floridian or just take the Monorail? (taking into consideration parking/walking) Staying offsite but spending the day at Epcot, breakfast at Grand Floridian first. Thanks!!
That's a toss up. If you take the monorail, you have to take it from the GF to the TTC, then transfer to the Epcot line, then wait for that one to come and then ride it. Could take more than 45 mins total. If you drive? Probably about 20 total.
Besides, parking at resorts is not provided for park access. You could pay to park at the TTC, monorail to the GF, monorail back, transfer, ride to Epcot, then monorail back to the TTC at the end of the day. But, you seem to be looking for quick vs fun. So, quick would be driving from the GF to Epcot.

That's a toss up. If you take the monorail, you have to take it from the GF to the TTC, then transfer to the Epcot line, then wait for that one to come and then ride it. Could take more than 45 mins total. If you drive? Probably about 20 total.
Besides, parking at resorts is not provided for park access. You could pay to park at the TTC, monorail to the GF, monorail back, transfer, ride to Epcot, then monorail back to the TTC at the end of the day. But, you seem to be looking for quick vs fun. So, quick would be driving from the GF to Epcot.
The monorail def sounds more fun but in case we are short on time I was not at all sure how long the two options would take. Is parking at GF easy for breakfast? Thank you so much!!!

The monorail def sounds more fun but in case we are short on time I was not at all sure how long the two options would take. Is parking at GF easy for breakfast? Thank you so much!!!

The GF has some of the worst self-parking onsite. Merely based on what I have read here, it is one of the few resorts I would think twice about driving to!!! Now, I've never done it myself, but the vast majority of people that have posted about it have said the self parking at the GF is a long walk to the GF itself.

I really would consider parking at the TTC, then taking the monorail over to the GF for breakfast. Then, either return to the TTC and move your car to the Epcot lot (hold onto your parking receipt, you only pay once!) or take the monorail over to Epcot from the TTC. But that means you would have to return to the TTC at the end of the day.

The GF has some of the worst self-parking onsite. Merely based on what I have read here, it is one of the few resorts I would think twice about driving to!!! Now, I've never done it myself, but the vast majority of people that have posted about it have said the self parking at the GF is a long walk to the GF itself.

I really would consider parking at the TTC, then taking the monorail over to the GF for breakfast. Then, either return to the TTC and move your car to the Epcot lot (hold onto your parking receipt, you only pay once!) or take the monorail over to Epcot from the TTC. But that means you would have to return to the TTC at the end of the day.
I think we'll go with monorail. Now it's just between parking at TTC to save time in the morning or if we are up early enough parking at Epcot in the first place and take the two monorails to GF (8:30/9am), saving time at night after Illuminations. I am thinking of giving that process an hour? Thanks!!

Newbie looking for help. :)

We're planning a Typhoon Lagoon morning, and hoping to do lunch at Downtown Disney. Could someone help me with the best way to get from TL to DTD?

Then, we're looking at 'Ohana that night, so we need help getting from DTD to 'Ohana OR from POR-R to 'Ohana.

THANK YOU!!

Newbie looking for help. :)

We're planning a Typhoon Lagoon morning, and hoping to do lunch at Downtown Disney. Could someone help me with the best way to get from TL to DTD?

Then, we're looking at 'Ohana that night, so we need help getting from DTD to 'Ohana OR from POR-R to 'Ohana.

THANK YOU!!
I'm sure someone will come along to help out, but I 'think' the DTD bus also makes a stop at TL....but that may very well be on the way out of DTD...which isn't going to help you. So, if that is the case, you can take a bus to SSR and then walk or boat over to DTD.
To get to 'Ohana (and thank you soooo much for spelling it correctly!!), just hop on the Polynesian bus from DTD. If you're at POR, take the MK bus and monorail or boat over to the Polynesian.

You will be able to get a bus from TL directly to DTD in the morning until at least 11:30, and probably until noon. The buses are primarily dropping off guests from the resorts, so there is no designated load zone at TL. Just hover around load zones 3-5 and watch for a bus with DTD on the marquee.

Later than that, take the bus from TL to Saratoga Springs. There is no need to get off at SS & walk; the bus will be continuing on to DTD after SS, and it's just a few minutes more on the bus.

I'm sure someone will come along to help out, but I 'think' the DTD bus also makes a stop at TL....but that may very well be on the way out of DTD...which isn't going to help you. So, if that is the case, you can take a bus to SSR and then walk or boat over to DTD.
To get to 'Ohana (and thank you soooo much for spelling it correctly!!), just hop on the Polynesian bus from DTD. If you're at POR, take the MK bus and monorail or boat over to the Polynesian.

You will be able to get a bus from TL directly to DTD in the morning until at least 11:30, and probably until noon. The buses are primarily dropping off guests from the resorts, so there is no designated load zone at TL. Just hover around load zones 3-5 and watch for a bus with DTD on the marquee.

Later than that, take the bus from TL to Saratoga Springs. There is no need to get off at SS & walk; the bus will be continuing on to DTD after SS, and it's just a few minutes more on the bus.

Thank you both!! (And I agree-- I may be a newbie, but "O'hana/Ohana/'Ohana" is absolutely the "your/you're" of the DISboards! :crazy2:

Who knew!!! Thanks Joel!! I knew I could count on you to amble along and straighten me out!!!

You forgot Ohana's ;)
Oh no you didn't just go there!!!!

From All Star Sports to HS, driving our own van? This is our first time driving to a park (normally we take the bus, but need to get there super early).

Hi all! My best friend and I are going to be there in July and have reservations at Ohana for our arrival night @8pm. We are hoping to catch the fireworks and water pageant from the beach after dinner. What would be the quickest way to get back to Pop after it is all over? I was thinking take the bus to DTD and then hop on the Pop bus from there. Would it be quicker to take the boat from the Polynesian to MK and catch the bus there to Pop? What time does the boat stop running? Thanks in advance for the input!

Hi all! My best friend and I are going to be there in July and have reservations at Ohana for our arrival night @8pm. We are hoping to catch the fireworks and water pageant from the beach after dinner. What would be the quickest way to get back to Pop after it is all over? I was thinking take the bus to DTD and then hop on the Pop bus from there. Would it be quicker to take the boat from the Polynesian to MK and catch the bus there to Pop? What time does the boat stop running? Thanks in advance for the input!
The DTD buses can be very, very slow, since they make so many stops. I would probably take the boat or the monorail from the Poly to MK and then the bus to POP. You can also walk to the TTC and take the ferry to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter