Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Sorry - can't read 100+ pages to see if my question is answered. How do we get from AK to MK? The first page (from 2010) says take bus 14. Does that mean there is currently a direct bus from AK to MK?

Well, I don't know if the bus stop number is still correct since those can change (at least they can for the resorts), but there is definitely a bus that goes from AK to the TTC, which is at the parking lot for MK, and you would then take the ferry or the monorail to the entrance.

ETA: I found a picture of the bus stop information sign from July and it is showing the TTC stop at #14:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/a-late-animal-kingdom-arrival-no-one-is-here-tandoori-chicken-salad-a-few-new-things-7712/#more-8691

Can I just simplify my life and let one of you experts hide in my suitcase and directed me where to be and when?

Instead of asking the million and five transportation questions I have I'll ask my most important one. We are staying at AoA and have reservations at 8:10 one morning for Ohana's and another morning at MK at 8:20...what time do we need to be outside our resort to get to those places on time?

To get to 'Ohana, for 8:10, take the MK bus from AoA...be out at the stop by 7am-ish. These early buses tend to come a bit less frequently, and they start by 6:30am, every day..so plan accordingly. When you get on the bus, ask the driver which is faster, monorail or boat, over to the Polynesian. The driver may very well offer to just drop you right at the Polynesian. If not, take either the monorail or small boat to the Polynesian.
To get to MK for an 8:20 ADR, be out by 7:30.

Sorry - can't read 100+ pages to see if my question is answered. How do we get from AK to MK? The first page (from 2010) says take bus 14. Does that mean there is currently a direct bus from AK to MK?
Every park has transportation to the other parks. AK has a bus to all parks. The problem with the AK bus is that it will take you to the TTC, and then you have to either monorail or boat over to MK itself. Only resort buses go directly to MK. So, you could also take the bus to the CR and then walk over to MK...takes under 10 mins. Or just take the MK bus and then monorail or ferry over to MK proper from TTC.

I recently had a similar question. Last week we travelled roundtrip taking the monorail from MK to the TTC, then walked to the Disney transportation and took the bus direct to AK. It took approximately 40 minutes total from the time we left one park and to enter the next. I was told that you could take the Comtemporary bus to and from AK, but the bus stops at one of the water parks before hand so it's not as quick.

I have a ADR for MK at 8:05 from AoA. If I take a Taxi, will i need to alert them to my party of 6? and how to deal with 2 passengers who would need booster car seats? Am I just out of luck for the whole taxi thing and will need to be at a bus stop by 7am to make MK by 8:05? Thanks!

I have a ADR for MK at 8:05 from AoA. If I take a Taxi, will i need to alert them to my party of 6? and how to deal with 2 passengers who would need booster car seats? Am I just out of luck for the whole taxi thing and will need to be at a bus stop by 7am to make MK by 8:05? Thanks!

You can get a taxi that holds 6, but getting 2 boosters might be tricky. Boosters are required in Florida, so I don't think that taxis generally carry them at all.

If you take a taxi, have them drop you off at the contemporary and walk to MK. Otherwise, it will have to drop you off at the TTC.

A taxi will cost you between $20 and $25 and will only save you about 15 minutes. I would just take the bus.

If you choose the bus, be out at the stop by 7am. That will get you dropped at MK in plenty of time. You will probably be early, but that's fun.
If you choose a cab, be sure it's a van cab....a regular cab isn't going to be able to fit 6 of you, especially with booster seats. So, that may take a little bit longer. I would have a cab van called for by 7:15ish. That would get you to the Contemporary Resort by 7:35, and then you can walk over to MK along the sidewalk..takes about 10 mins, depending on pace.

I have not decided which water park we will be at yet. I need to go from either of them to animal kingdom. What is the best way to do this? We are eating at Tuskers at 5pm. thank-you

Hi all! :wave: I apologize if this has been asked before, but we need to get from HS to MK. From what I've read it looks like we have to take a bus from HS to the TTC, then the monorail to MK, right? How long should we plan on that taking? Not sure if it matters, but this will be on Sat, Dec 1st. and we need to be at MK by like 8:15 for the Electrical Parade. Thanks for your help!!

Hi all! :wave: I apologize if this has been asked before, but we need to get from HS to MK. From what I've read it looks like we have to take a bus from HS to the TTC, then the monorail to MK, right?

Yes. Or you can take the ferry from the TTC.

How long should we plan on that taking? Not sure if it matters, but this will be on Sat, Dec 1st. and we need to be at MK by like 8:15 for the Electrical Parade. Thanks for your help!!

I would leave DHS by 7:00. It probably won't take nearly that long, but better safe than sorry.

What would be the best way to get to Chef Mickey's from AoA? I'm planning to make a dinner ADR.

Would taking the bus to MK and then walking to the Contemporary be the best option? We are going on arrival day and would have spent several hours in the car prior, so a walk isn't a bad thing :).

How long before our ADR should we get on the bus?

Thanks!

What would be the best way to get to Chef Mickey's from AoA? I'm planning to make a dinner ADR.

Would taking the bus to MK and then walking to the Contemporary be the best option? We are going on arrival day and would have spent several hours in the car prior, so a walk isn't a bad thing :).

How long before our ADR should we get on the bus?

Thanks!

Yep. That's your best option. I would head to the bus stop an hour and 15 minutes before your ADR.

Yep. That's your best option. I would head to the bus stop an hour and 15 minutes before your ADR.

Great - I can't actually start making ADRs until December 11, but that will help. Assuming I can get a Sunday night Chef Mickey ADR in June :eek:

MK to Wilderness Lodge for lunch?

And

MK to Contemporary for dinner?
Well, it couldn't be easier. You can take a boat from MK over to WL, then boat back. You will see the boat dock as you exit MK..right in front of you.

And it's an 8 min walk from MK over to CR. When you exit MK, stay over to the left and you will see a sidewalk, to the far left of the bus area..it runs beneath the monorail line. Follow this sidewalk right to the CR.

Thank you!

(Please tell me y'all are used to stupid questions!)

Ummm, there are no stupid questions. Everyone has a question at one time or another. Pretty soon you'll be handing out info right along with everyone else!!!
Have a great trip!!!!

Ummm, there are no stupid questions.

Yeah, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people..... like that group that did not take my suggestion to change to the MK monorail at the TTC -- nope they pretended like I didn't even speak, as they continued around & back to Epcot! Oh yeah & they were "going to MK for the parade & fireworks." Umm yeah, they didn't make it.

Yeah, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people..... like that group that did not take my suggestion to change to the MK monorail at the TTC -- nope they pretended like I didn't even speak, as they continued around & back to Epcot! Oh yeah & they were "going to MK for the parade & fireworks." Umm yeah, they didn't make it.
Perhaps not stupid, just thought they were right, and you were wrong.
I had an experience at the AKL a few years back. We were waiting for a bus to MK...obviously I knew that the bus would go to the TTC. There was a group of people there, one in a wheelchair or ECV (can't remember which at the moment). So, our bus had some issues.....it wouldn't 'kneel', so the challenged guest wasn't able to board the bus. Then, when the bus got part way down, and wouldn't go any further, it wouldn't go back up!! So, no one was able to use that bus!! The driver, after about 15 mins of futzing around with the bus, finally called for another bus. This other group was yapping away about how they had to get to the GF....they had dinner plans. Well, I tried telling them that the bus wasn't going to go to the GF....they just refused to believe me. They started yapping at the driver, who also said the bus would go to the TTC and they could get the monorail over to the GF from there. Again, they didn't believe it. I tried telling them that they would just get off the bus, and walk up to the monorail...easy to do. Oh no...they couldn't do that.....it might rain and their dad (in the wheelchair) would get wet!!! Too long a walk. They insisted there was some way for them to go directly from AKL to the GF. I tried telling them that buses did not run between resorts. Well, then...the bus driver could probably just drop them at the GF after leaving the TTC, right? Ah no...they didn't do that...you would have to take the monorail over. They were not amused....very unhappy people. They fussed all the way to the TTC.
It's not that people are stupid, they just think they know better...everyone wants to look like an expert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter