Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Ok Thanks. I was hoping the taxi would allow us to sleep in a little, but maybe we'll just take the disney buses since they can drop off at the entrance.
Keep in mind that a cab will drop you at the CR and then it's under 10 mins over to MK via the pathway. It's a very nice walk, beneath the monorail. If you take the bus, you will need to be out at the MK bus stop no less than 45 mins prior to the time you need to be at MK. The buses that run early, more than an hour before park opening, tend to run less frequently...so plan ahead.

Staying at Fort Wilderness cabins, have a 830 breakfast at 1900 Fare and an 830 breakfast at Tusker house on another day? What's my best options and do you really have to be at the restaurants 20 minutes before your reservation time? Thanks for the help. (do have my own car but will do buses, monorails or boats if better?)
No, maybe not 20 mins early, but at least 10 mins. You can get bus over to AK for that early ADR. Be out at the AK bus stop by 7:30, maybe a wee bit sooner.
I'm just not all that conversant with FtW transportation. So, I'll let someone else answer that one for you.

We're staying at Villas at WL in mid-October and have couple of dinner reservations at the CR, as well as a plan to go to Epcot one day. I understand that there is a boat that runs from WL to the CR, but I recently read that the boat doesn't run all seasons.

Anyone know if it will be running when we're there, and what the schedule might look like?

Thanks!

We're staying at Villas at WL in mid-October and have couple of dinner reservations at the CR, as well as a plan to go to Epcot one day. I understand that there is a boat that runs from WL to the CR, but I recently read that the boat doesn't run all seasons.

Anyone know if it will be running when we're there, and what the schedule might look like?

Thanks!

I've stayed at WL during December and the boat ran all the days we attempted.

We are arriving at WL in the morning of November 30 and want to head to the Boardwalk after lunch for a few hours before having dinner at California Grill. Any ideas on the most efficient way to do that? Two kids, no strollers.
Thanks

Thanks!
There are two different boat routes at WL...one to MK and one to CR. I have used the one to both...at all different times of year.

We are arriving at WL in the morning of November 30 and want to head to the Boardwalk after lunch for a few hours before having dinner at California Grill. Any ideas on the most efficient way to do that? Two kids, no strollers.
Thanks
You could take the DHS bus from WL and then boat or walk over to BW, or boat over to MK and take the bus to BW from there.

We have a 7:00 dinner at 1900 Park Fare and then want to watch the 9:30 Wishes from the beach at the Poly (maybe even the 9:00 water pageant if we make it).
Would it be faster to ride the monorail around or walk? I read somewhere that the resort monorail loop will take ~30 minutes from GF to Poly.

Thanks!

We have a 7:00 dinner at 1900 Park Fare and then want to watch the 9:30 Wishes from the beach at the Poly (maybe even the 9:00 water pageant if we make it).
Would it be faster to ride the monorail around or walk? I read somewhere that the resort monorail loop will take ~30 minutes from GF to Poly.

Thanks!
Take the boat!!! I'm not sure how long the walk is...never felt the need to walk it. And the monorail will take about 20-25 mins.
But, the boat that runs between the MK-GF-Polynesian goes to the Poly after it leaves the GF. Takes about 5 mins.

Thanks!

I would walk, but I like a nice after dinner walk. It's not long - maybe 10 minutes. If you decide not to walk, the boat will be faster than the monorail.

Take the boat!!! I'm not sure how long the walk is...never felt the need to walk it. And the monorail will take about 20-25 mins.
But, the boat that runs between the MK-GF-Polynesian goes to the Poly after it leaves the GF. Takes about 5 mins.

Didn't even know about the boat! Thanks. Now, what is the best way to get back to our resort (AoA) after the fireworks??? I am assuming monorail to MK and then bus. Or could we take the boat from the Poly to MK afterwards?
Goofy- looks like we will be celebrating the magic the same week! :)

I would walk, but I like a nice after dinner walk. It's not long - maybe 10 minutes. If you decide not to walk, the boat will be faster than the monorail.

My DH would agree with the walk. We have 2 young kids who are slow, so we will see how much time we have after dinner. 10 minutes isn't bad at all.

Didn't even know about the boat! Thanks. Now, what is the best way to get back to our resort (AoA) after the fireworks??? I am assuming monorail to MK and then bus. Or could we take the boat from the Poly to MK afterwards?
Goofy- looks like we will be celebrating the magic the same week! :)
You could take the boat over to the MK or take the monorail..then the AoA bus. I'm counting the days until Dec!!! Let's hope for some decently warm days!!!

You could take the boat over to the MK or take the monorail..then the AoA bus. I'm counting the days until Dec!!! Let's hope for some decently warm days!!!

We went early-mid December last year and had perfect weather and crowds. I am hoping for a repeat of both! And thanks for the help!!

I know this is probably an easy one...how much time do you leave to get from resort to parks..staying at POR. If we want to be walking in around 9am....I have the "transit times but how much "real" time do you leave?

I allow 30-40 minutes to get to parks at opening time. More if you want to get to MK for the opening show. Generally the buses will be running pretty consistently around opening time, but the wild card is always wait time. If you just missed the bus to your park of choice, you could be standing around up to 20 minutes waiting for the next one.

We want to check out the AKL Christmas decorations after the parade at AK (starts at 3:45). I know we'll take the bus to AKL but how should we get back to POR? We have dinner reservations at Boatwright's at 6:40pm. Should we take bus back to AK then POR bus back to the resort or should we take the bus from AKL to DTD then boat back to POR? Have I alloted enough time for this?

I'd take the bus to DTD and the boat to POR. I think you should have plenty of time to do it that way.

DannysMom said:
I allow 30-40 minutes to get to parks at opening time. More if you want to get to MK for the opening show. Generally the buses will be running pretty consistently around opening time, but the wild card is always wait time. If you just missed the bus to your park of choice, you could be standing around up to 20 minutes waiting for the next one.

Thank you! Very helpful..figuring we will try to be at the bus stop by 8am. :-D

Can I just simplify my life and let one of you experts hide in my suitcase and directed me where to be and when?

Instead of asking the million and five transportation questions I have I'll ask my most important one. We are staying at AoA and have reservations at 8:10 one morning for Ohana's and another morning at MK at 8:20...what time do we need to be outside our resort to get to those places on time?

Sorry - can't read 100+ pages to see if my question is answered. How do we get from AK to MK? The first page (from 2010) says take bus 14. Does that mean there is currently a direct bus from AK to MK?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter