Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I think i read that you can walk from Epcot to BW. Is this the quickest way to get to BW from Epcot? if so, how long is the walk?

I think i read that you can walk from Epcot to BW. Is this the quickest way to get to BW from Epcot? if so, how long is the walk?
Actually, the boat takes a bit less time...but that's from the time it leaves the dock. I am a fairly fast walker...and when I leave the dock area at the Gateway, and the boat is just leaving too, the boat beats me to BW by about a min, maybe a bit less.
But..having said that, the walk is very pleasant..takes less than 10 mins.

We are staying at PCR for 10 days in November and although we typically ride the buses from our resort to get around WDW, this time my 10 month old granddaughter will be with us so we are considering renting a car. Depending on the cost, we may rent for the first 7 days and and use the resort buses for the last 3.

This will allow us the freedom to leave the parks whenever we want if baby gets too fussy without waiting for buses. We fly into MCO on 11/9 and arrive at 2:30 p.m. This would also allow me plenty of time to get to WWOS to pick up a race packet before the 7:00 pm deadline that night. Does anyone know if the Mickey's Magical Express drops guests off at the car care center near Disney?

Can someone suggest the most cost effective place to rent a car for our stay? Thank you!

We are staying at PCR for 10 days in November and although we typically ride the buses from our resort to get around WDW, this time my 10 month old granddaughter will be with us so we are considering renting a car. Depending on the cost, we may rent for the first 7 days and and use the resort buses for the last 3.

This will allow us the freedom to leave the parks whenever we want if baby gets too fussy without waiting for buses. We fly into MCO on 11/9 and arrive at 2:30 p.m. This would also allow me plenty of time to get to WWOS to pick up a race packet before the 7:00 pm deadline that night. Does anyone know if the Mickey's Magical Express drops guests off at the car care center near Disney?

Can someone suggest the most cost effective place to rent a car for our stay? Thank you!
DME won't drop you off anywhere other than at your resort. So, with that in mind, I would recommend heading to DHS (or Epcot if you have park hoppers), and then head over to the Dolphin and rent through Alamo/National. It's the closest to Pop. Only about an 8 min drive...very easy in fact. You would have to either walk, or boat to the Dolphin from DHS...walk takes about 20 mins, boat about 15 plus any wait time.
If time is of the essence, take a cab over to the Dolphin..it should be less than $10 or so...that's what it was from the YC to Pop a few years ago.

Or, just have one person rent right at the airport, while everyone else take the DME bus. Then you can go directly to Pop.

I haven't been in 2 years, and have heard conflicting info on changes in the destinations shared by buses.

Previously, DTD buses also went to TL, and AK buses also went to BB. Is that still the case?

Thanks!

Sorry if this was asked and answered already but I could not find it.
Can I take a bus from the animal kingdom to downtown disney? Do the buses take you from any park to downtown disney?
thank you so much

I haven't been in 2 years, and have heard conflicting info on changes in the destinations shared by buses.

Previously, DTD buses also went to TL, and AK buses also went to BB. Is that still the case?

Thanks!
Yes...to the best of my knowledge. BUT...the buses that head to DTD change the timing of the stops at TL...I just can't remember the order at the moment.

Sorry if this was asked and answered already but I could not find it.
Can I take a bus from the animal kingdom to downtown disney? Do the buses take you from any park to downtown disney?
thank you so much
NO, there are no buses that run to the parks from DTD. You have to go to a resort and then head to a park from there. If you are at AK and want to go to DTD, I would take the bus over to AKL and transfer to the DTD bus there.

NO, there are no buses that run to the parks from DTD. You have to go to a resort and then head to a park from there. If you are at AK and want to go to DTD, I would take the bus over to AKL and transfer to the DTD bus there.[/QUOTE]

thank you very much

Is there dedicated bus service to EP and DHS from the Beach Club every day? I heard that it was only during bad weather that the buses ran and that during good weather you HAD to take the boat or walk.

Is there dedicated bus service to EP and DHS from the Beach Club every day? I heard that it was only during bad weather that the buses ran and that during good weather you HAD to take the boat or walk.
That is correct.

Epcot IG is a very short walk, like 5 minutes.

DHS ... not so short.

Just so there are no misunderstandings here....the only time you will get a bus to either Epcot or DHS, from any of the Epcot resorts (YC/BC, S/D, BW) is if there is severe weather and the boats don't run. And that doesn't happen very often.
The walk to Epcot, from BC, is about 6 mins. The walk to DHS is longer, at about 20 mins. The boats are a very good option if you don't want to make the walk...especially to DHS.

Just so there are no misunderstandings here....the only time you will get a bus to either Epcot or DHS, from any of the Epcot resorts (YC/BC, S/D, BW) is if there is severe weather and the boats don't run. And that doesn't happen very often.
The walk to Epcot, from BC, is about 6 mins. The walk to DHS is longer, at about 20 mins. The boats are a very good option if you don't want to make the walk...especially to DHS.

Thank you for the clarification. When I was told, I didn't beleive the guy.... I guess I could kinda understand it for EPCOT, but for DHS... seems like a long way.

Is this true for the MK and its resorts?

Thank you for the clarification. When I was told, I didn't beleive the guy.... I guess I could kinda understand it for EPCOT, but for DHS... seems like a long way.

Is this true for the MK and its resorts?

It is. No bus transportation between MK and MK resorts.
Except WL, which has both bus and boat.

GF & Poly have both boat & monorail.

MK watercraft generally start about 30 minutes before park opening, so you need to use the monorail or bus for an early MK breakfast or to be at the front of group for rope drop.

I don't know if anyone has posted this before or not, but I thought I'd share it because it's so amazing.

Disclaimer: This is not mine, I found it on Google when I was researching. (For thread about this including posts by author/designer of map, click here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2967477)

wdw-transport-map-full.png

(Sorry for the big size of this, but you can barely read it if it's smaller! And, I don't know how to resize the thing!)

I have tried searching but I can't find the answer I am looking for. When we were at WDW in 2009, the Marketplace bus stop was closed when we went to DTD. Apparently it was only closed for a few days (of course with my luck it was while we were there, no surprise there!) So my question is: is there different buses that go to Marketplace and PI, or will the 1 DTD bus stop at both stops?

I have tried searching but I can't find the answer I am looking for. When we were at WDW in 2009, the Marketplace bus stop was closed when we went to DTD. Apparently it was only closed for a few days (of course with my luck it was while we were there, no surprise there!) So my question is: is there different buses that go to Marketplace and PI, or will the 1 DTD bus stop at both stops?
The resort buses will go to Marketplace first, then continue on to PI. All on the same route.

I'm sorry in advance for not reading 107 pages of this thread.

Can you please tell me how to get from POFQ to the Fort Wilderness Campground for a 5:00 Hoop-de-doo ADR? And, how long will it take us to get there?

Thank you so much! Dana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter