• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Thanks you Goofy4Tink for the welcome and the reply!

I was guessing that the bus would be the way to go but just wanted someone more experience than me to give me their opinion!

We will probably go on the monorail because the kids like arriving in the hotel that way!

Going to go and read up on some other threads to see if I can get any more tips. Also, I need to do a few more posts so I can start adding pictures and things to by posts!

Lots of Love xx

Hi - I haven't read the entire thread so I apologize if this has been asked already.

What's the best way to get from All Star Music to Ft Wilderness for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue?

I'm a pretty experienced traveler to WDW but haven't done this one before.

Thanks!

Hi - I haven't read the entire thread so I apologize if this has been asked already.

What's the best way to get from All Star Music to Ft Wilderness for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue?

I'm a pretty experienced traveler to WDW but haven't done this one before.

Thanks!
When we have gone to HDDR, we just take the bus to the MK and then hop on the boat over to WL/FtW. The FtW dock is a very short walk from Pioneer Hall..maybe 3 mins. Then, if MK is still open when you're done, just boat back over there and bus back to your resort.
If you are going to the latest show, and MK is closed, they will have buses available at the end of the driveway area. They won't be servicing just one or two resorts though. They can include up to 5 resorts that are in the same general area...so it can take a bit of time to get back to your resort.

I cannot seem to get the search to work and this thread is huge!!
Some questions I have on best ways and amount of time are

1 - Contemporary to DTD

2 - DHS to Poly

3 - Contemporary to Magic Kingdom for 8am Cinderella Breakfast

4 - Contemporary to Epcot

5 - Contemporary to AK

6 - Contemporary to DHS

Thanks so much. Is there a consolidated list somehwere to reference all this instead of looking though all the posts??:)

I cannot seem to get the search to work and this thread is huge!!
Some questions I have on best ways and amount of time are

1 - Contemporary to DTD

2 - DHS to Poly

3 - Contemporary to Magic Kingdom for 8am Cinderella Breakfast

4 - Contemporary to Epcot

5 - Contemporary to AK

6 - Contemporary to DHS

Thanks so much. Is there a consolidated list somehwere to reference all this instead of looking though all the posts??:)
Not really any kind of a list.....everyone just asks here, and we answer to the best of our ability. So, with that in mind....

1. There will be a bus running from the CR to DTD. They tend to run a bit less often than resort to park buses though...so maybe every 20-30 mins.

2. There are buses running between DHS and the Polynesian every 15 or so mins.

3. You can take the monorail but it will take about 25 mins, not including wait times. It is much better to just walk over to the MK...go out of the CR, walk past the bus stops, and stay on the sidewalk. Cross the street...and you're there. Takes under 10 mins.

4. Get on the monorail to the TTC (next stop), get off and transfer to the Epcot line, at the TTC..very clearly marked.

5. Bus

6. Bus

Since you see to be fairly unfamiliar with the WDW transportation system...here's a primer.
You really should leave about an hour to get from point A to point B. Yes, you may very well be early for ADRs, but that's better than worrying about being late.

There are three monorail lines...all based at the TTC (Transportation and Ticket Center, which is the parking lot area for MK). There is an Express Park line..goes directly to the MK from the TTC, the Resort line, which makes stops at the TTC, Polynesian, GF, MK, CR, and back to TTC. And there is the Epcot line..runs between TTC and Epcot, and noplace else.

You will find buses running between parks and resorts..unless a particular resort has alternative transportation to a park. For instance.....if at the CR, Polynesian, or GF, you can take the monorail to the MK, so no buses going there. YOu also take the monorail to Epcot...again, no buses from these resorts. From the Polynesian and GF you can also get to MK via a boat.

But, the Epcot resorts (YC/BC, BW, S/D) offer the ablitly to walk or boat to Epcot...so, no buses. Same thing with DHS.

Once you get to WDW, it all becomes very easy to understand and to figure out. It seems confusing but everything is very well marked.

Holy cats! I can't believe I've been planning for so long and I JUST found that there's a transportation section. Shame on my lack of scrolling.

DH and I are spending the morning at DHS and then have a 3:10 ressie at Via Napoli. Is it better to take a bus or boat? Since we're going to Italy, it looks like International Gateway and the main entrance aren't that big of a walking difference.

Just a quick note...I had knee surgery in January. I'm good about 1 mile of walking at a time before I need a little break, so I'd prefer not to walk from any of the resorts to Epcot or DHS.

Thanks for the expertise.

Holy cats! I can't believe I've been planning for so long and I JUST found that there's a transportation section. Shame on my lack of scrolling.

DH and I are spending the morning at DHS and then have a 3:10 ressie at Via Napoli. Is it better to take a bus or boat? Since we're going to Italy, it looks like International Gateway and the main entrance aren't that big of a walking difference.

Just a quick note...I had knee surgery in January. I'm good about 1 mile of walking at a time before I need a little break, so I'd prefer not to walk from any of the resorts to Epcot or DHS.

I think the easiest way would be to boat to one of the Epcot area resorts (Yacht/Beach Club or Boardwalk) and then switch boats and get on the Epcot boat. I have stayed at Yacht club and it's the same dock for both boats (the DHS boat stops on one side of the dock and the Epcot boat stops on the other)...not sure about how things are set up at Boardwalk.

I don't think it's a mile from the Beach club to the Italy pavilion...you seriously cross a bridge at the end of the Beach club property and you're at the International Gateway. It would be faster to walk from there, however, if you're not up to it, you can take the boat :)

The boats are very nice, big, and shaded. The ride from DHS to Yacht/Beach club is very tranquil. I loved the boat rides!

I think the easiest way would be to boat to one of the Epcot area resorts (Yacht/Beach Club or Boardwalk) and then switch boats and get on the Epcot boat. I have stayed at Yacht club and it's the same dock for both boats (the DHS boat stops on one side of the dock and the Epcot boat stops on the other)...not sure about how things are set up at Boardwalk.

I don't think it's a mile from the Beach club to the Italy pavilion...you seriously cross a bridge at the end of the Beach club property and you're at the International Gateway. It would be faster to walk from there, however, if you're not up to it, you can take the boat :)

The boats are very nice, big, and shaded. The ride from DHS to Yacht/Beach club is very tranquil. I loved the boat rides!

Thanks! I know my sister and I took the boat from Epcot to Boardwalk and that was a nice ride. I wouldn't mind taking either of those. I'll just block about an hour and a half travel time and mosey around Epcot while we wait.

Thanks again. Now I have a plan!

In your case, take the boat. The walk from DHS to Epcot is about 20 mins...but it can be hard on those with knee issues.
So....this is how the boats run.....DHS-S/D-YC/BC-BW-Epcot....then reverse it going back to DHS....Epcot-BW-YC/BC-S/D-DHS. There is no need to get off the boat. The boat takes 25 mins, from DHS to Epcot, not including any wait times.

Forgive my ignorance, I have tried searching for this answer but I'm not coming up with much.

If we have an ADR for 8:05am at Crystal Palace, that puts us in MK before it opens by an hour. We are staying at POP and wondering do the buses run that early? I thought they ran 1 hour prior to park opening (which wouldn't help us get to our ADR). What is the general opinion on getting to the park that early.

And yes, we are doing an early breakfast for the sole purpose or running back down main street to get in line for Rapunzel before rope drop... :rotfl:

Forgive my ignorance, I have tried searching for this answer but I'm not coming up with much.

If we have an ADR for 8:05am at Crystal Palace, that puts us in MK before it opens by an hour. We are staying at POP and wondering do the buses run that early? I thought they ran 1 hour prior to park opening (which wouldn't help us get to our ADR). What is the general opinion on getting to the park that early.

And yes, we are doing an early breakfast for the sole purpose or running back down main street to get in line for Rapunzel before rope drop... :rotfl:

Buses start at 6:30 every morning. Be at the bus stop at 7:00.

For an 8:05 ADR at CP, I would be out at the bus stop by 7am. That gives you plenty of time to get to the restaurant.
But...if the park opens at 9, you may be hard pressed to get to the Rapunzel area for park opening. CP tends to be slow...even if you are seated ontime, which you most likely won't be, you will still need about an hour to eat and get to see all the characters. I would ask your server to bring you your check as soon as you are seated..that way you can leave whenever you wish.
For an 8:05 ADR, you may be seated closer to 8:20ish.

I have a question, we have a ressie at Mickey's Back Yard BBQ @6:30
We will be at MK that day and we have a rental car.
How do we get to the BBQ?
Thanks for your help

I have a question, we have a ressie at Mickey's Back Yard BBQ @6:30
We will be at MK that day and we have a rental car.
How do we get to the BBQ?
Thanks for your help
The BBQ is at FtW. Parking is limited at FtW, and if you'd park there, you'd need to take a 12-minute bus ride from the parking lot to the Settlement, where the BBQ Pavilion is located.

As long as the MK will still be open when you're done at the BBQ, it would be easiest to leave your car parked at the TTC (the MK parking lot), and take the boat directly from MK to FtW.

After the BBQ, take the boat either back to the MK, or to the Contemporary resort where you can catch the Resort Monorail back to TTC until 1 hour after MK closes.

Or if you're staying on property and you don't need your car during the day, take the bus to the MK in the a.m., the boat from MK to FtW at dinnner time, and then the boat back to MK and bus back to your resort.

You should leave the MK at about 1 hour before your ADR.

If you want to drive to FtW, you'll need to exit the MK parking lot, drive all the way past the toll plaza, and then watch for a U-turn opportunity (IIRC, it's just before the Epcot exit.) Make the U-turn, go back through the toll plaza keeping as far right as possible (the very right lane is for buses only.) Just inside the toll plaza, you'll be taking a right exit towards FtW.

I don't know how long total to get there by car, but you need to allow for
  • Monorail or ferry to TTC
  • Tram to your car
  • Drive to FtW
  • Bus from parking to Settlement

joelkfla...so, the bbq is in the same area as HDDR??? Not the area where the riding stables are?? If I remember, the stables and HDDR are on two different ends of FtW. Man, this resort still gets me confused!!!

joelkfla...so, the bbq is in the same area as HDDR??? Not the area where the riding stables are?? If I remember, the stables and HDDR are on two different ends of FtW. Man, this resort still gets me confused!!!
Yes, the BBQ Pavilion is behind Pioneer Hall & behind the main horse barn.
7091441637_40e2108b2c_c.jpg

Are there any buses that run from resorts or the TTC to ESPN's Wide World of Sports? We do not have a rental car and would like to see the complex.

Are there any buses that run from resorts or the TTC to ESPN's Wide World of Sports? We do not have a rental car and would like to see the complex.
Buses run only from Pop Century, the 3 All Stars, and the CBR Customs House. You need to ask a bus driver or call 407-WDW-RIDE for the scheduled hours of operation, as they run only on days when there are events scheduled at EWWS, and the start and end times depend on the event schedule. When they are running, they run every half hour.

The BBQ is at FtW. Parking is limited at FtW, and if you'd park there, you'd need to take a 12-minute bus ride from the parking lot to the Settlement, where the BBQ Pavilion is located.

As long as the MK will still be open when you're done at the BBQ, it would be easiest to leave your car parked at the TTC (the MK parking lot), and take the boat directly from MK to FtW.

After the BBQ, take the boat either back to the MK, or to the Contemporary resort where you can catch the Resort Monorail back to TTC until 1 hour after MK closes.

Or if you're staying on property and you don't need your car during the day, take the bus to the MK in the a.m., the boat from MK to FtW at dinnner time, and then the boat back to MK and bus back to your resort.

You should leave the MK at about 1 hour before your ADR.

If you want to drive to FtW, you'll need to exit the MK parking lot, drive all the way past the toll plaza, and then watch for a U-turn opportunity (IIRC, it's just before the Epcot exit.) Make the U-turn, go back through the toll plaza keeping as far right as possible (the very right lane is for buses only.) Just inside the toll plaza, you'll be taking a right exit towards FtW.

I don't know how long total to get there by car, but you need to allow for
  • Monorail or ferry to TTC
  • Tram to your car
  • Drive to FtW
  • Bus from parking to Settlement

Thank You, sounds like boat to MK is better than driving

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter