Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

From POR to Poly for 7:55 AM reservation.

We will be at the bus stop at 6:15 to get to MK. Can we walk to the Poly from there or do we need to get on the Monorail?

Thanks!

You can get out to the bus stop by 6:30 or so.....if you're on the bus by 6:45 you should be at MK by 7:15, and onto the monorail by 7:30...plenty of time.

3 parts

How do I get from Pop to Downtown Disney is there a direct bus?

How do I get from Pop to Wilderness Lodge for breakfast at 9:30 what time should I leave? do I get back to Pop the same way?

How do I get from Pop to Swan/Dolphin for dinner at 6:30pm what time should I leave? do I get back to Pop the same way?

thanks in advance!
leaving SUNDAY!!!

Yes.

How do I get from Pop to Wilderness Lodge for breakfast at 9:30 what time should I leave? do I get back to Pop the same way?

Bus to MK, then boat to WL. You can reverse the process to get back to POP. I would be at the bus stop around 8:00 a.m.

How do I get from Pop to Swan/Dolphin for dinner at 6:30pm what time should I leave? do I get back to Pop the same way?

Bus to DHS, then boat or walk to S/D. I would be at the bus stop by about 5:00 p.m.

If DHS is still open or has closed within about an hour of when you are done with dinner, you can just reverse the process to get back to POP. If DHS has closed, you can catch a bus from S/D to DTD and transfer to a POP bus there.

Epcot is another option for catching transport to POP if it is open, but you would need to boat or walk from S/D to the International Gateway entrance and go through the park and out the main gate to catch a POP bus. That would require park entry that could be used at Epcot that day without burning an entire park entry; meaning an AP, a hopper you had used that day at any major park or a base ticket that had been used that day at Epcot.

3 parts

thanks in advance!
leaving SUNDAY!!!
You've already got some great info....I'll add that if you're in the S/D, YC/BC area, and want to get back to POP, try using a cab. It's about $10, tip included. Pop is about an 8 min drive from the S/D area....doesn't make much sense to take a long time using Disney transportation if you just need to get back to Pop.

We have a group meeting at the TTC at 7:15am.
Will buses be running there that early?
Coming from BC, SSR & OKW.

How long should we wait at the bus stop before giving up & calling a cab?

I had not factored in the expense of additional transportation, but I'm getting very nervous that we will be late if we rely on Disney buses. I remember one year trying to make am EMH at AK from CR & waiting 30 min.

We have a group meeting at the TTC at 7:15am.
Will buses be running there that early?
Coming from BC, SSR & OKW.

How long should we wait at the bus stop before giving up & calling a cab?

I had not factored in the expense of additional transportation, but I'm getting very nervous that we will be late if we rely on Disney buses. I remember one year trying to make am EMH at AK from CR & waiting 30 min.

If you are coming from any WDW resort, the buses will deposit you at the MK; not at the TTC. Buses start running from the resorts to the parks for early ADRs at around 6:30 a.m., but do not run as frequently as they do once the parks are open. If you need to meet at a park at 7:15 a.m. you will need to be at the resort bus stop by 6:30 a.m.

Buses at the TTC only run to AK and DHS, but I would not expect those buses to be running at that time.

We're at AK for the day.

Early supper at Boma at AKL, then we'd like to hop to MK for EP and Wishes.

So the car is in the parking lot at AK.
We can take the bus to AKL, have supper, then bus to MK.

So we enjoy the Night Sparkles/Wishes, and then what?

Boat/Monorail back to TTC...then is there any possibility of a bus back to AK??
And our poor lonely, little car?

Or wait!
I think I've got this one - ha!!
We *drive* from AK to AKL, then bus to MK.
Bus back to AKL!!

No wait, isn't there a maximum amount of time you can park at a resort with an ADR?

:headache::headache::headache::headache:

OK...what about this:
Leave AK.
Drive to DTD.
Park.
Bus *back* to AKL.
Bus to MK.
Boat/Monorail to TTC??
Then bus to DTD???

Helllllppppppp!!!! LOL!!!

:)

I know we've gone around about parking at resorts and going to a park. But I think that's more the parks you can walk to from various resorts. I could be wrong, but I would have no problem with you leaving your car at AKL and bussing to MK and back again. It's different than parking at CR or BC and going to Epcot.

Just my $.02, but I could be wrong.

We're at AK for the day.

Early supper at Boma at AKL, then we'd like to hop to MK for EP and Wishes.

So the car is in the parking lot at AK.
We can take the bus to AKL, have supper, then bus to MK.

So we enjoy the Night Sparkles/Wishes, and then what?

Boat/Monorail back to TTC...then is there any possibility of a bus back to AK??
And our poor lonely, little car?

Or wait!
I think I've got this one - ha!!
We *drive* from AK to AKL, then bus to MK.
Bus back to AKL!!

No wait, isn't there a maximum amount of time you can park at a resort with an ADR?

:headache::headache::headache::headache:

OK...what about this:
Leave AK.
Drive to DTD.
Park.
Bus *back* to AKL.
Bus to MK.
Boat/Monorail to TTC??
Then bus to DTD???

Helllllppppppp!!!! LOL!!!

I'm assuming you're not staying on-site?? Otherwise this wouldn't be so convoluted. So..if that is the case....
Drive to AK, spend the day.
Move the car over to AKL, eat dinner.
Take the bus to MK.
Then, bus back to AKL from MK.
Drive away.

There are no buses running from any park, and this includes TTC, to DTD.

Even though it actually runs from TTC, the TTC-AK bus is the park-to-park bus between MK and AK, so it runs until MK is closed and clear of guests.

I'm assuming you're not staying on-site?? Otherwise this wouldn't be so convoluted. So..if that is the case....
Drive to AK, spend the day.
Move the car over to AKL, eat dinner.
Take the bus to MK.
Then, bus back to AKL from MK.
Drive away.

There are no buses running from any park, and this includes TTC, to DTD.

No, we're not onsite.
We still can take the car from AKL to MK, and park there as well, right?

We have WDW newbies with us this time, and they're really concerned about getting around. I figure the less driving for them, the better.:)

And WDW transportation is an attraction all on its own!!!:goodvibes
We're those crazy folks who get on a bus singing:
"We got a limo that's 40 feet long!
We got a chauffeur who won't steer us wrong!
Disney is better than it ever was -
We're taking it easy when we take the Bus!!"

Just want to be prepared, and know what other options we do have.:thumbsup2

I had no idea there were no buses from any of the parks to DTD.:confused:

Why :love:I Heart the Dis!!:love:

Thanks all!!

No, we're not onsite.
We still can take the car from AKL to MK, and park there as well, right?

We have WDW newbies with us this time, and they're really concerned about getting around. I figure the less driving for them, the better.:)

And WDW transportation is an attraction all on its own!!!:goodvibes
We're those crazy folks who get on a bus singing:
"We got a limo that's 40 feet long!
We got a chauffeur who won't steer us wrong!
Disney is better than it ever was -
We're taking it easy when we take the Bus!!"

Just want to be prepared, and know what other options we do have.:thumbsup2

I had no idea there were no buses from any of the parks to DTD.:confused:

Why :love:I Heart the Dis!!:love:

Thanks all!!
Absolutely drive from AKL to MK if you wish. But you will be parked at the TTC, then you have to either monorail or ferry over to MK proper. If you took the bus from AKL you could just hop on the bus and get dropped close to the actual park entrance..but you probably already knew that.

Disney stopped the buses between DTD and the parks simply because so many people were avoiding paying the parking fees by parking at DTD and then taking a bus to a park...rather than driving to the park and paying the parking fee. It clogged up the buses something awful...and people really complained. So, now..no more buses between DTD and any park.

Absolutely drive from AKL to MK if you wish. But you will be parked at the TTC, then you have to either monorail or ferry over to MK proper. If you took the bus from AKL you could just hop on the bus and get dropped close to the actual park entrance..but you probably already knew that.

Disney stopped the buses between DTD and the parks simply because so many people were avoiding paying the parking fees by parking at DTD and then taking a bus to a park...rather than driving to the park and paying the parking fee. It clogged up the buses something awful...and people really complained. So, now..no more buses between DTD and any park.

Huh.
People will figure ways around anything!:rolleyes:

OK, so is a bus from the AK to the TTC/MK?
Then TTC to AK?
Until MK has cleared out?

I think we were typing at the same time, joelfka:thumbsup2

Because...I could send all of them to the MK as soon as we are done at AK, if they didn't want to go to Boma for supper.
As long as I know they'll be able to get back to their car at AK after MK(via ferry or monorail to the TTC) closes...

Ugh.
I'm overthinking this, aren't I??

LOL!!! Love planning!!

Thanks!!

I am sooo glad this thread was started:yay:.Ok here are my questions;

1)DHS to BC for 8:30pm adr at Cape May after fantasmic

2)AK to poly for ohanas adr 9:40 pm then how to get to pop afterwards :confused3

3)Epcot to Poly for Kona adr 8:40 pm

4)how late do the buses run from DTD to the resorts

I think that may be it for now TIA:)

I am sooo glad this thread was started:yay:.Ok here are my questions;

1)DHS to BC for 8:30pm adr at Cape May after fantasmic

2)AK to poly for ohanas adr 9:40 pm then how to get to pop afterwards :confused3

3)Epcot to Poly for Kona adr 8:40 pm

I think that may be it for now TIA:)

1) If you can, walk.
It will be the fastest option, especially after Fantasmic, and it's a lovely stroll.
Otherwise, boat:)

2) Is AK open EMH or late that evening?
Usually AK closes at 5pm
Are you staying at POP?
At the very least, resort buses run to/from DTD...so if alll the parks are closed, you'll be able to go that way (using DTD as the hub)

3) That one is easy...Monorail to the TTC, and walk from there down the lovely Polynesian pathway. Short and easy:)

4) Late :) But I'm not sure what exact time...I would think that with Cirque and HOB, and the movie theatre, you could at least expect a bus after the last late movie.

I hope that helps! :)
And don't ever be afraid to ask your bus driver.
They are always more than happy to help friendly mouseketeers!

Thanks mbb and yes it is an emh night at ak that night/and yes we are staying at pop just was afraid we wouldn't have any transportation options for our late adr's glad to know that we should be able to take bus to dtd then to pop just need to know how late the bus runs to dtd from the poly now do you think it will still be running after our ohana meal adr is at 9:40 pm(keep trying for an earlier one but we all know that is near to impossible since this was the only one I was able to snag for our trip

:thanks:Oh and almost forgot to say a special THANK YOU!!!!! to goofy4tink for starting this thread as I suggested/requested.THANK YOU for helping those of us that are not as fortunate to have the knowledge of traveling throughout Disney using only disney transportation.I hope this thread is useful to everyone.I for one stay onsite so I don't have to worry about driving around the world so this is going to be informative for my planning!

Is there a bus from each of the resorts? Do they go regularly?

Basically I'm staying offsite and would like a laid-back day/afternoon wandering round DTD at some point. Our hotel provides free shuttle service to the parks.

Is there a recommended resort to get the DTD bus from? Ideally one reached easily from the park itself as that's where I'd be dropped off!

I'd be in no rush to get there but didn't know how would be easiest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter