Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Going from POR to Chef Mickey's for 9am ADR....

Take bus to TTC, then walk or monorail to CR?
Take ferry or bus from POR to DTD, then bus from DTD to CR?

I'm still trying to figure out transportation in Disney and wasn't sure how early things ran or what my options really are for this transfer.

Also, does anybody know how late the buses run from CR to DTD? and Poly to DTD? (We have a late night ADR at 'Ohana that will put us past MK's closing time). Is it better to transfer somewhere else?

I'm still trying to figure out transportation in Disney and wasn't sure how early things ran or what my options really are for this transfer.

Also, does anybody know how late the buses run from CR to DTD? and Poly to DTD? (We have a late night ADR at 'Ohana that will put us past MK's closing time). Is it better to transfer somewhere else?

I'm pretty sure that the buses to DTD aren't going to be running that early; I would definitely take the bus to MK (I don't know if you can get a bus from a resort to the TTC) and then walk to CR.

The shops at DTD are open until 11:00 pm Monday-Thursday and 11:30 pm Friday and Saturday, so the buses are going to run at least late enough to accommodate those hours. I don't know if anyplace other than DTD is going to be open later than that (unless there's EMH going on), so I think that's going to be your only option for using the buses.

Buses don't run from resorts to the TTC. You will want to take the bus from POR to MK and then walk to the Contemporary.

Buses from DTD won't be running that early, but in any case I would only use DTD as a transfer point as a last resort. Bus service from DTD is notoriously slow.

Buses should run until about 2:00am. You can definitely transfer there, but plan on it taking 90 minutes. I would just take a cab.

What's the best/quickest way to get to a 8:30 AM 1900 Park Fare reservation from Port Orleans Riverside? We will have our car btw. Thanks!

IMHO the best and quickest would be to drive or own vehicle. If you are going to MK after breakfast you will have to move your car to the TTC, unless you are willing to pay for valet parking at GF, then you will be able to leave your car there for the day.

Walking - BC bus stop to Biergarten is 1,320 yds while the front of Epcot to Biergarten is 1,560 yds. This results in only about 4 additional minutes of walking.

With all due respect, re-check your measurements. I measured it several times each on Google maps, Bing maps and Wikimapia and all have it about 600 feet farther from the BC bus stop to the German Pavilion than it is from the bus stop at the front of Epcot. Unless you know a short cut that I'm not familiar with.

What's the best/quickest way to get to a 8:30 AM 1900 Park Fare reservation from Port Orleans Riverside? We will have our car btw. Thanks!
Absolutely take your car if you want the quickest way. Otherwise you'll have to take the bus to MK by 7:30, then transfer to the monorail over to GF. Driving is a lot faster.

So psyched for my first post! This entire board is awesome!

I just reserved a character breakfast at Cape May Cafe @ 7:45AM. We are staying at the Carribean Beach Resort and will be using Disney Transportation the entire week, no rental. Looking for options on how to get there. Not opposed to getting a taxi, just looking at all options.

Thanks!!

So psyched for my first post! This entire board is awesome!

I just reserved a character breakfast at Cape May Cafe @ 7:45AM. We are staying at the Carribean Beach Resort and will be using Disney Transportation the entire week, no rental. Looking for options on how to get there. Not opposed to getting a taxi, just looking at all options.

Thanks!!
Welcome to the DIS!!! And welcome to the Transportation Board more specifically!!!
In order to get to Cape May, for Goofy's Beach Blast Breakfast (one of my favorite meals!!!) in time for a 7:45 ADR, you will have to be out at the DHS bus stop by 6:30am!! Why? You have to get to DHS and then walk over to YC/BC. The buses, that early in the day, come less frequently than regular park buses do..so if you miss one at 6:45, you could have a longish wait until the next one comes along. And, once you get to DHS, it is going to take youi about 25 mins to walk over to BC.
If it were me, I would just take a cab that morning. It should run around $10. CBR is pretty nearby. I would get the cab at about 7:15ish.

Welcome to the DIS!!! And welcome to the Transportation Board more specifically!!!
In order to get to Cape May, for Goofy's Beach Blast Breakfast (one of my favorite meals!!!) in time for a 7:45 ADR, you will have to be out at the DHS bus stop by 6:30am!! Why? You have to get to DHS and then walk over to YC/BC. The buses, that early in the day, come less frequently than regular park buses do..so if you miss one at 6:45, you could have a longish wait until the next one comes along. And, once you get to DHS, it is going to take youi about 25 mins to walk over to BC.
If it were me, I would just take a cab that morning. It should run around $10. CBR is pretty nearby. I would get the cab at about 7:15ish.

Thanks for the welcome! And THANKS for the quick response! Sounds like a cab is the way to go. Leaving at 7:15 will go over much better than 6:30.

:banana:

With all due respect, re-check your measurements. I measured it several times each on Google maps, Bing maps and Wikimapia and all have it about 600 feet farther from the BC bus stop to the German Pavilion than it is from the bus stop at the front of Epcot. Unless you know a short cut that I'm not familiar with.

Wow

Can someone tell me the fastest way to get to AKL from AS Movies? we are getting there tomorrow evening and have an 8:30pm reservation at Boma. We will have a car but DH doesn't want to drive.

Can someone tell me the fastest way to get to AKL from AS Movies? we are getting there tomorrow evening and have an 8:30pm reservation at Boma. We will have a car but DH doesn't want to drive.

I would really reconsider driving. ASMovies is fairly close to AKL. You could take a cab..but not sure why if you can drive your car.
If you take Disney transportation, it's going to take you a very long time. You will have to take a bus to an open park, then transfer to the AKL bus...plan on at least an hour. If you drive, it's about 5 mins away.

I would really reconsider driving. ASMovies is fairly close to AKL. You could take a cab..but not sure why if you can drive your car.
If you take Disney transportation, it's going to take you a very long time. You will have to take a bus to an open park, then transfer to the AKL bus...plan on at least an hour. If you drive, it's about 5 mins away.
Yes, you will have to transfer at a park, and you should allow 1 hour (mostly for possible bus wait times.)

Unfortunately, it will be too late to transfer at AK. I would take either the Epcot or DHS bus (whichever comes first, the load zones at ASMo are adjacent), and then transfer to the AKL bus.

The good news is that Boma gives you a pager when you check in, so if you're early, you're free to explore the resort. There are lots of interesting cultural and historic exhibits in the lobby, as well as arguably the best resort gift shop. If you have good eyes, you might be able to spot some animals on the trails out back, under the "artificial moonlight."

Heading back, Epcot & DHS will both be closed, so the only Disney Transport options are via MK or DTD. MK would take 40 minutes to 1:30.

If you choose a taxi, I think the fare should be around $10 each way.

Thank you both for your help. Like I said, we will have a car, but DH didn't want to drive (partly because it's already a 6 hour drive to Disney and he would rather have someone else drive). But, with this kind of time difference, we'll end up driving. :)

Tried to search the thread for this info but it came back with no results found??? I need to know the best way to get from Epcot to HDDR. Do I do the monorail to TTC then boat to FW? Or do I do a bus to FW then an internal FW bus? Thanks.:goodvibes

Tried to search the thread for this info but it came back with no results found??? I need to know the best way to get from Epcot to HDDR. Do I do the monorail to TTC then boat to FW? Or do I do a bus to FW then an internal FW bus? Thanks.:goodvibes

I would take the bus to Wilderness Lodge, then the boat to FW.

I would take the bus to Wilderness Lodge, then the boat to FW.
It would be much faster to take the bus from WL to FW, but either would work.

Note: The bus from Epcot to WL continues on to FW, but it goes to the Outpost, and you would then need to take the internal shuttle to the Settlement. OTOH, both the FW bus and boat from WL go directly to the Settlement.

I would bus to WL and then boat to FtW. I think it's much easier than navigating the internal bus system at FtW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter