• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I would be out at the bus stop early....by 6:30! This is when the buses start running, but they tend to run a bit less frequently than the normal resort to park buses. If you miss one, it could be almost 25 mins before another one comes along. When you get to MK, I would just walk over to the CR. By the time you walk to the monorail platform, wait for a train to come, then ride to the CR, you could already be there by walking. The only time it's faster than walking is if you really walk quickly to the platform and either the monorail is sitting there and you get right on and leave, or it's just pulling in and you have little to no wait.

Ok, thanks! I wasn't sure what time the first bus would pick up in the morning. I also thought it would be quicker to take the resort monorail to CR from MK to get there & to walk back. I may decide to walk if I don't see the monorail pulling up or waiting there as I walk up the ramp.

How often does the resort monorail run that early in the morning from MK? :)

Ok, thanks! I wasn't sure what time the first bus would pick up in the morning. I also thought it would be quicker to take the resort monorail to CR from MK to get there & to walk back. I may decide to walk if I don't see the monorail pulling up or waiting there as I walk up the ramp.

How often does the resort monorail run that early in the morning from MK? :)
The monorail station and the CR are in opposite directions from the MK bus depot. If a train is in the station or just pulling up when you reach the decision point, you will probably miss it. If you walk to the monorail entrance ramp and then backtrack towards the CR, you'll have wasted about 3 minutes.

I think the Resort trains run about every 7 minutes whenever they are running.

The monorail station and the CR are in opposite directions from the MK bus depot. If a train is in the station or just pulling up when you reach the decision point, you will probably miss it. If you walk to the monorail entrance ramp and then backtrack towards the CR, you'll have wasted about 3 minutes.

I think the Resort trains run about every 7 minutes whenever they are running.

Alright. Thanks! It looks like it will be walking to & from to CR from MK then. :)

I'm searching the thread history and can't find an answer to my question. We are at AKL and want to go to California Grill. How would I make this happen? Also AKL to downtown disney is there a direct shuttle or would I have to transfer?

I'm searching the thread history and can't find an answer to my question.
1. We are at AKL and want to go to California Grill. How would I make this happen?
2. Also AKL to downtown disney is there a direct shuttle or would I have to transfer?
1. Take the bus to MK and then walk to the Contemporary
2. Direct bus.

If I am at MK with my vehicle parked at the TTC, is the quickest way to HS to go back to TTC and drive or would a bus be quickest?

If I am at MK with my vehicle parked at the TTC, is the quickest way to HS to go back to TTC and drive or would a bus be quickest?
The bus would probably be quicker for the trip to DHS, but ...

If you'd be traveling back to MK and then to TTC to get your car at the end of the day, the total travel time would be longer than if you drove to DHS and had your car there at the end of the day.

We will be at MK on May 31 and it closes at 6 for an event. We are hopping to HS and have a dining ressie at Hollywood & Vine for Jedi Mickey, it was for 6, but I managed to get 8:30 instead. So, we will drive, thanks so much :)

I'm staying at Coronado but have dinner reservations at Ohanas at the Polynesian and Cape May Cafe st the beach club. Any thoughts on how we can get there using Disney transportation? Better yet, how do we get home?

I'm staying at Coronado but have dinner reservations at Ohanas at the Polynesian and Cape May Cafe st the beach club. Any thoughts on how we can get there using Disney transportation? Better yet, how do we get home?
For 'Ohana, take the bus to MK and then take the boat or monorail to the Poly.
For Cape May, take the bus to DHS and then take the boat or walk to the Beach Club.

As for getting back, you'll either transfer at an open park or DTD or take a cab.

For 'Ohana, take the bus to MK and then take the boat or monorail to the Poly.
For Cape May, take the bus to DHS and then take the boat or walk to the Beach Club.

As for getting back, you'll either transfer at an open park or DTD or take a cab.

Thank you!!!! I'm almost assuming now we'll have to do cab after Ohanas since parks will be closed. I forgot about that! We are a party of eight. Does anyone know if there are cabs/vans that will hold that many or should we just plan on two cabs?

Thank you!!!! I'm almost assuming now we'll have to do cab after Ohanas since parks will be closed. I forgot about that! We are a party of eight. Does anyone know if there are cabs/vans that will hold that many or should we just plan on two cabs?
I think the maximum number of passengers is 7.

We are going to Beaches & Cream at Beach Club for a 9:50pm ADR after seeing 9pm Illuminations at Epcot. We can walk from the International Gateway to the Beach Club after Illuminations, I think it is about a 10 minute walk???

We are staying at Pop Century. What is the best way to get back to Pop from the Beach Club?

We are going to Beaches & Cream at Beach Club for a 9:50pm ADR after seeing 9pm Illuminations at Epcot. We can walk from the International Gateway to the Beach Club after Illuminations, I think it is about a 10 minute walk???
Yep.

We are staying at Pop Century. What is the best way to get back to Pop from the Beach Club?
The best way is to take a cab. Other than that, you'll need to transfer at an open park (plan on it taking about 60 minutes,) or transfer at DTD (plan on it taking about 90 minutes.)

I'll be staying offsite at a time share, around the corner from AK. I'm an annual passholder, so I can park anywhere. Also a DVC member who hasn't stayed offsite in a very long time and very rarely use the Disney bus transportation. I don't want to park at MK. If I park at AK and take the bus to MK, do the return busses stop at a certain time after park closing? I realize that AK closes earlier, so I'd best look to leave MK late afternoon?

TIA.

I'll be staying offsite at a time share, around the corner from AK. I'm an annual passholder, so I can park anywhere. Also a DVC member who hasn't stayed offsite in a very long time and very rarely use the Disney bus transportation. I don't want to park at MK. If I park at AK and take the bus to MK, do the return busses stop at a certain time after park closing? I realize that AK closes earlier, so I'd best look to leave MK late afternoon?

TIA.
Buses won't run to a park after it closes.

Can I ask why you don't want to park at MK? It's not any more difficult than parking at AK.

Can I ask why you don't want to park at MK? It's not any more difficult than parking at AK.

Okay, so if AK closes at 5 p.m., I should make sure I'm on a bus back by 4 p.m.

AK is the only place I like to park. The lot is a lot smaller than MK....plus, once you get off the tram, you are at the turnstiles (I usually don't take the tram, I don't find the walk very difficult). At MK, you have to park, get on a tram, get to the TTC, get on the ferry or the monorail, get off the ferry or monorail with a mass of other people....just thinking about it makes me tired. I am fortunate enough to usually stay at BLT or BWV and walk to the parks.

Thanks for the information!

Actually, transportation is provided to Guests traveling from an open or exiting park to a closed park, if they are going to retrieve a parked car. Buses may not be running on a regular basis, but a bus or van will transport you if you go to the load zone for the closed park.

For AK, if buses to the park have stopped running, you may be placed on an AKL bus, and the driver will drop you at AK after dropping off everyone else at the Lodge. I would advise checking the directory boards at the entrance to the bus areas to see if the load zone for AK has been moved to the AKL load zone.

Be aware that the parking lot trams will not be running, so you may have to walk a bit if you've parked in the outer reaches of the lot.

Last edited:
Actually, transportation is provided to Guests traveling from an open or exiting park to a closed park, if they are going to retrieve a parked car. Buses may not be running on a regular basis, but a bus or van will transport you if you go to the load zone for the closed park.

For AK, if buses to the park have stopped running, you may be placed on an AKL bus, and the driver will drop you at AK after dropping off everyone else at the Lodge. I would advise checking the directory boards at the entrance to the bus areas to see if the load zone for AK has been moved to the AKL load zone.

Be aware that the parking lot trams will not be running, so you may have to walk a bit if you've parked in the outer reaches of the lot.

Thank you for the additional information. Good to know for future off-property plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter