Official Guide!

psumomluvswdw

Me & G are Disney Fanatics!!
Does anyone know when the 2006 Birnbaum Official Disney Guide is coming out? I need to update since we just decided to go down in March :cheer2: for a girls only trip!!! If anyone knows please help! Thanks!!!

It is out, but I was NOT impressed. I actually got it from the library yesterday because I didn't want to spend the money for a new one. Well, so many things have changed since they printed it that it just isn't very accurate! Not to mention some of the mistakes that were in the 2005 edition are STILL in there. Hello? For the "Official" guide I would think they would know things like when the resort seasons are! They say that AKL and WL follow the seasons for Moderate and Value resorts even though they DON'T! They missed some menu changes, and the info they have on new attractions isn't that extensive. If I didn't have the 2005 edition I might like the 2006 more, but I really found it lacking. They say you have to make Fantasmic Dinner Package reservations IN PERSON no more than SEVEN days before the show! If I followed that advice guess who would have NO ADR for the FDP? I can't remember the other mistakes I saw in there, but I think I might sit down and document them so I can send them to the editor/publisher.

The things I saw that I thought were interesting is that they say Aunt Polly's Dockside Inn on Tom Sawyer Island is no longer operating, and Mama Melrose may have a name and/or theme change this year. They still have 2 pages describing the Wonders of Life Pavilion at Epcot, which is unfortunate since we have heard it is permanently CLOSED now. There are a couple of references to "at press time, the procedure was XYZ" as far as Fast Passes and Magical Express. Overall I was disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter