Official Grand Floridian Photo Thread

First stay in may 2014 big pine key deluxe room

HairyChest, thank you for reconfirming, for me, why we decided that we're going back to the GF. :cloud9: Our first visit was so magical and amazing but the second visit was not. We did not have a good GF visit, and it made us both not want to stay there again. The construction was difficult to 'live' around, even though we knew it was going on. We also had stupid issues w/ our room and our key card not set up.... the list was long. So it gave us a bad taste in our mouth. I still believe that the person that checked us in just had no clue what they were doing.

We were going to switch to the YC for our next trip, but after giving it alot of thought, we want to try to GF again....how can we not? We can't blame one lousy experience on a gorgeous resort... and we had such happy memories from our first trip. And after seeing your pictures, it just makes me SOOOOOO very happy that we are lucky enough to get to go "home" to the Grand. :love:

What a wonderful room you had!!!!! :dance3: Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures! I know it sounds completely corny, but I actually got tears in my eyes looking at the beautiful external shots.... I think I've fallen back in love again!

Just got back from a Fourth of July stay at the Grand Floridian! All three times we've stayed at the GF, it's been over Independence Day. I love the new room refurbishment - it feels so upscale and posh.

Here are images of our Garden View Dormer Room (8432) in Boca Chica.

Grand Floridian Dormer Room by vshingl, on Flickr

Grand Floridian Closet by vshingl, on Flickr

Grand Floridian Embossed Tissues by vshingl, on Flickr

Grand Floridian Toiletries by vshingl, on Flickr

Our main complaint is that there are no shelves in the bathroom for storage. They should really slide some shelves under the sink.

Grand Floridian Bathroom by vshingl, on Flickr

Grand Floridian Bathroom by vshingl, on Flickr

Grand Floridian Dormer Balcony by vshingl, on Flickr

Grand Floridian Dormer Balcony by vshingl, on Flickr

Nice pics. It's a little weird to see the enhancements. I'm always a little slow to change.

Photos are beautiful, thanks! I stayed at a king bed dormer room once, I loved it, so different than all the rest of the rooms.

Thank you for posting the beautiful pictures. You did a great job capturing room amenities and features! So happy to see the elusive nesting table is finally making an appearance and the array of bath products looks amazing. I am even more excited for our trip in 2 weeks :cool1:

Great pics!! Glad to see the solar gel in the toiletries! Buy why did they take the Mickey Lamp away :sad1: and the plant!

Great pics! Thanks for taking the time on your vacation to bring us a little magic at home:)

Great pics!! Glad to see the solar gel in the toiletries! Buy why did they take the Mickey Lamp away :sad1: and the plant!

Thanks! I was rather bummed to see that they had removed the Mickey lamp, too! There are still many hidden Mickeys in the room, though. The little dots on the sheer curtain are actually little Mickey heads.

LittleMissMagic Thank you for posting your beautiful pictures..and for capturing details of so many things that all of us GF fans have been wondering about too... :thumbsup2

Happy to see that with new room set up..and the desks on the same wall as the beds that there is now a day bed in the dormer rooms....

Love the vaulted ceilings..and the overall cozy feel of those rooms...so nice! :cloud9:

What's this 'Solar Gel' I keep reading about? I don't remember this from our last trip.... is this new? (and what is it?) I love NEW!!! :goodvibes

What's this 'Solar Gel' I keep reading about? I don't remember this from our last trip.... is this new? (and what is it?) I love NEW!!! :goodvibes

Solar Gel is for sunburns :). I didn't get it last August at GF. Only resort I remember getting it at was Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter