Official Glass Slipper Challenge Thread

I just signed up for the half via Children's Miracle Network -- pretty awesome, the amount you have to raise is just $300, which includes the cost of the race. I'm already signed up for the 5 and 10 k, so that makes me eligible for the GSC, but...... I signed up for them separately, obviously, since I just signed up for the half. Is there NO way to get the GSC medal if you didn't sign up for both the 10k and the half at the same time???

I'd say the answer is no--can't do. But I'd still email RunDisney and ask them about it.

No they were pretty explicit with Dumbo (and GSC) that the *only* was to get the 3rd medal was to have registered for the 'challenge' and the 2 races together didn't qualify. Its a different bib as well so its visually obvious who 'qualifies'

Aww, darn! I wonder why? What difference is it to them, really? Of course, with Disney's IT department, combining separate signups into one might be a problem.....
Well, three medals is still better than two....

Aww, darn! I wonder why? What difference is it to them, really? Of course, with Disney's IT department, combining separate signups into one might be a problem..... Well, three medals is still better than two....

I have talked to some other people about it, and we came to the conclusion that if everyone could do the challenge, more people would sign up for both races. Then, there wouldn't be enough room in the races for people who can (or want to) do only one. It's just a guess though!

Hi everyone! Just thought I'd revive this thread and pull it up top. I'm getting ready to go for my run today and feeling nervous about this weekend. I am doing Tink also, so my mileage is already getting up there and so I have a back-to-back run weekend planned with the long run being 10 miles.... I always start to get nervous when I hit 10 miles for some reason. Add to that the stress of already busy holiday season.... Yikes!

How's everyone's training going? I'm really starting to look forward to the actual vacation part of this trip! We're only about 2 months out now!

Hi everyone! Just thought I'd revive this thread and pull it up top. I'm getting ready to go for my run today and feeling nervous about this weekend. I am doing Tink also, so my mileage is already getting up there and so I have a back-to-back run weekend planned with the long run being 10 miles.... I always start to get nervous when I hit 10 miles for some reason. Add to that the stress of already busy holiday season.... Yikes!

How's everyone's training going? I'm really starting to look forward to the actual vacation part of this trip! We're only about 2 months out now!

Good luck with your b/b and with the Tink. I am not doing any b/b until Jan. Other than that I am going to try and get a 9 mile run in in the next couple of days. I will be off my schedule for a few day at Christmas.

You will be fine at 10...once you hit 9 it is only one more mile! :thumbsup2

I did a half on Veteran's Day and sort of fell off the wagon since then. I think the longest I have done since is 5 miles - well I did 5 miles and then drove and did a 5k, so I will consider that an 8 mile run. :cool1:

I'm not racing GSC so I will probably do a 4/8 and 5/10 back to back in January/February and call it a day.

Oh, and being knocked up makes me tired and lazy. :lmao: I'll be 19/20 weeks at GSC, so just hoping to be in good shape, healthy, and finish before the balloon ladies.

I am in for the GSC. I had to defer the Dopey until 2015 due to an injury. Was traingin for the TOT and W&D when a bad case of hip bursitis flared up. Was able to complete the TOT and W&D but haven't runs since the W&D. I finally have the hip bursitis under control thanks to a lovely cortizone injections...but, while injured developed a very bad limp. In the process of fixing that and plan to begin running again at the new year. I have started on the eliptical and that seems to be ok. II just hope that all goes well until February.

Training... has been on hold. I, too, dealt with a lovely round of hip bursitis back in Sept., which led to a bout with piriformis syndrome and a strained hip flexor. After two weeks off, I'm back up to 7 miles and really don't feel like I've lost any fitness (I'd been up to 11 before TOT and had a couple long runs before needing time off). So long as I keep going as I've been, I should be fine, if not particularly fast, for the WDW Half and might be able to do a couple back-to-backs between it and GSC. Fingers crossed!

I just completed my longest training run to date this week! Just short of 13 miles! I kept a consistent pace of just over 12 min/mile, which is my average on short runs. I was a little sore at the end, but every "longest run ever " gets easier! I am feeling more and more confident about the GSC!

My training is plugging along, despite the icy cold and snowy weather. It's finally supposed to be warmer this weekend, can't wait to ditch the dreadmill and get outside!!

I just keep telling myself that all this running inside is helping me prepare for the Orlando heat and humidity..,if I close my eyes and listen to the wishes soundtrack I can ALMOST imagine I'm there instead of at the gym!

I just completed my longest training run to date this week! Just short of 13 miles! I kept a consistent pace of just over 12 min/mile, which is my average on short runs. I was a little sore at the end, but every "longest run ever " gets easier! I am feeling more and more confident about the GSC!

Congrats! That is a big accomplishment. As for pace....don't go out too fast on your long runs. You don't want to burn out your legs too soon.

I had a planned 9 miler yesterday, but wimped out. I walked 5.5 miles with my DH at a 14mm pace. Today I did 7 miles on the TM at just under a 10mm pace...so I am going to count that as my first back to back.
I have a bit of a lack of motivation. My DH says it is because I don't really have a strong goal. My goal is to finish and hopefully all miles (5k, 10k and half) at around a 10mm, but if it takes longer then no big deal. I will be traveling alone and plan to cheer at the finish line once I finish my run. I was going to volunteer, but the afternoon slots seems so long so I'll cheer instead. I have no one to meet so I will have time and then I can shower and rest for the next event. I think I will buy a park ticket for so I can go to the MK on Sunday afternoon and evening.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday!

Just wondering how many signed up as teams? Any fun team names out there?

I had a planned 9 miler yesterday, but wimped out. I walked 5.5 miles with my DH at a 14mm pace. Today I did 7 miles on the TM at just under a 10mm pace...so I am going to count that as my first back to back.
I have a bit of a lack of motivation. My DH says it is because I don't really have a strong goal. My goal is to finish and hopefully all miles (5k, 10k and half) at around a 10mm, but if it takes longer then no big deal. I will be traveling alone and plan to cheer at the finish line once I finish my run. I was going to volunteer, but the afternoon slots seems so long so I'll cheer instead. I have no one to meet so I will have time and then I can shower and rest for the next event. I think I will buy a park ticket for so I can go to the MK on Sunday afternoon and evening.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday!

Congrats! That is a big accomplishment. As for pace....don't go out too fast on your long runs. You don't want to burn out your legs too soon.

Thanks! Actually my MM is under 11 minutes, so this is a comfortable pace for me.

Six miles today on the indoor track. Was about 30 degrees here, but I just was not motivated to layer up and be outside. Convinced myself that it as better to run inside in the warmer temps to be closer to simulating the Disney weather. LOL

Actually, I am really paranoid about the temps for the GSC. My last 3 Disney races, 2013 Wine and Dine, 2013 Full and 2012 ToT, were all uncomfortably hot for me. Being from the north, my body had moved out of its really hot weather zone for weeks or months before each of these races. Heck, for my 20 miler before the full it was 5 degrees, then I get one of the hottest Disney Marathons ever! Sigh.... I am really hoping for temps in the low 60s for my optimal "feel good" place for the GSC.

I am really tired of having to slow way down at Disney races to avoid nausea brought on by the heat. Kind of depressing and Disney is the LAST place I want to feel bummed while running with thousands of my closest friends.

Am looking forward to running with my DN as a team for the challenge. We chose the name "Charlie's Angels" in honor of my dad, Charlie.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter