Official Glass Slipper Challenge Thread

Just a reminder there is a thread started on "where you are staying for the Princess or GSC". It's on the Events/Competition front page. Michele

My name is Alexandra, I'm Officially registered for the Princess Half Marathon today via GKTW. I signed up for the glass slipper challenge. I am currently training for the Tower of Terror Ten Miler. I began running about 4 months ago so I'm new to all of this. I will be solo for the races so looking forward to making some new racing friends and hopefully seeing you guys in the races. I will probably be the one in the back, my goal being to complete the race and not be swept.

bellaally said:
My name is Alexandra, I'm Officially registered for the Princess Half Marathon today via GKTW. I signed up for the glass slipper challenge. I am currently training for the Tower of Terror Ten Miler. I began running about 4 months ago so I'm new to all of this. I will be solo for the races so looking forward to making some new racing friends and hopefully seeing you guys in the races. I will probably be the one in the back, my goal being to complete the race and not be swept.

Welcome:)

I got the email below this morning from RunDisney. When I registered for Glass Slipper, I checked the box that I intended to register for Tinker Bell, but did not add the Tinker Bell to my registration because I was waiting to hear about a challenge. I know a few of you were thinking the same thing.

Dear runDisney Guest,

You are receiving this e-mail because you selected to register for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon while registering for the Princess Half Marathon. However your registration is not complete as you have not yet been charged. Please reply to this e-mail and let us know if you would like to register for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon. If you would like to confirm your registration we will push the charges through on the same credit card you used to register for Princess. Please let us know if you have any questions.

I guess at this point there is not going to be a challenge, so might as well just register for the Half and get it over with.

hmm......i need to double check that i DID register for Tink!! My confirmation says i am confirmed, and my total was extremely large.....i haven't checked my CC statement to see if they did charge that much.

I *did* get charged for both after registering for the C2C and have the humongo cc statement to prove it! Odd that it didn't do that for some people?

Hello all! Just wanted to stop and say hi! I registered for the GS and I'm soooooooo excited for the races!! I'll be attending with 2 friends. We are looking for a 4th because even numbers are always better when it comes to riding certain attractions AND because we all want to register as a team.

officially a member of the Ronald McDonald House Charity team!! I transfered my race membership over to them today. pledged to raise $600 for them by 2/1. Feels good!!!

I'm registered for the Glass Slipper Challenge and can't wait! I'm a new poster here after recently finding these boards. As you can see from my signature below, I completed PHM in 2013 and plan to run W&D and GSC next! :yay:

I'm obsessed with training and preparing for the races and happy to have found another outlet for that obsession :cool1:

I have a lot of catching up to do....this thread is huge already!

I'm registered for the Glass Slipper Challenge. Anyone have an idea how many participants there will be for the 10K? Just wondering if it will be as over crowded as the 2012 Princess Half. When I asked RunDisney, they just said they don't have an exact number. What??? How did they know when the race sold out?

I'm registered for the Glass Slipper Challenge. Anyone have an idea how many participants there will be for the 10K? Just wondering if it will be as over crowded as the 2012 Princess Half. When I asked RunDisney, they just said they don't have an exact number. What??? How did they know when the race sold out?

I read 6k for the 10k and 24k for the 1/2. This year there were 26k registered for the half, so a very slight decrease. Lots of complaints this year about crowding. Not everyone who registers actually shows up and runs it though.

I can't see that 2K less would make a big difference.

It is still too many. Considering 2011 was 15,000 and 2012 was around 17,000.

I am usually not a Debby Downer and I love this race, it has been wonderful over the years, it's just with the over crowding, no discounts, increase in rate has got me slightly irritated. I know I can easily not participate but just a little disappointed when a good thing get complicated.
I am proud of all the ladies who are signing up and getting fit but 24,000 crammed together in a small place is a little disheartening:crowded: whine over and done. Hope to find my happy place:).

It is still too many. Considering 2011 was 15,000 and 2012 was around 17,000.

I am usually not a Debby Downer and I love this race, it has been wonderful over the years, it's just with the over crowding, no discounts, increase in rate has got me slightly irritated. I know I can easily not participate but just a little disappointed when a good thing get complicated.
I am proud of all the ladies who are signing up and getting fit but 24,000 crammed together in a small place is a little disheartening:crowded: whine over and done. Hope to find my happy place:).

You aren't wrong! But they are planning some extra changes to the corrals that might help too. Smaller and more of them. Might space things out a little better. But don't panic when you are normally a B runner now in D corral! I think they hope spacing improves this way. Rnr has 20+ corrals and the Dallas race was never crowded for me. Might be something to it?

You aren't wrong! But they are planning some extra changes to the corrals that might help too. Smaller and more of them. Might space things out a little better. But don't panic when you are normally a B runner now in D corral! I think they hope spacing improves this way. Rnr has 20+ corrals and the Dallas race was never crowded for me. Might be something to it?

I've always thought Disney should take RnR's lead on that. Having a ton of smaller corals is way better then 6 giant ones. Everyone just needs to really remember it's not an easy place to get a PR. This is a WAY more relaxed/fun/things to see type of race. The crowds at times (unless you are way up front) can really slow you down. It's a "have fun" type of race, or that's at least what I think. Dont worry so much on coral placement and setting a PR This race costs way too much $ to zoom by and not look and enjoy everything!

Thanks for those wonderful words of encouragement again I had a blast 2011 and 2012. I know there is no race like Disney! I took a break in 2013 to do the Miami ING and that was a huge race. Heck, I do the Peachtree each year and that is 60,000 people for a 10k. I guess hearing all of last years stories makes me a little nervous. I do hope they do take the lead from other races and have multiple corrals. I know it will be a fantastic race just when you spend that type of money you do have to change your mindset. I will stop and enjoy every bit of this race! Thanks again for your wonderful input. I know with the hiccups of last year that Disney will strive to improve.

*Disney if you are listening pretty PLEASE add room and tickets :wizard:

Lol, begging is not beneath me :dance3:

I am worrying a bit about the corrals, since I want to be able to stop & do fun things. So, it's important to me not to be at the back of the last corral. I don't want to spend the whole race one step in front of the sweepers without any chances to stop for photo ops, etc. ;).

I can totally see this working well for ordinary races, but I'm having a hard time seeing how it'll help the photo lines at WDW races. If they release more corrals with fewer folks in them but with less time between corral starts, won't the lines build up immediately and result in bottlenecking as those earlier start people join the later starts on the course? I do so hope it helps, but I'm having a hard time picturing it. :confused:

I think they need a bit more time between corral starts. with each corral only 5 minutes apart, the last guys are barely across the start line before the next group goes! it doesn't offer any spacing at all. they should space them out to at least 10 minutes apart. trying to get 6000+ people to cross the start line in under 5 minutes is crazy.

This is how I see it happening. More corrals, 12-15, less people in them and time between corrals decreased from 5 minutes to 4 minutes

I can't remember what Princess i put down for my bib........is there a way to check?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter