• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Glass Slipper Challenge Thread

Does anyone have any experience registering for RD races as a DVC member? In my constant worry about getting in I am trying to think of things that will trip me up on registration day. I have an AP and I'm a DVC member, so I hope one way or the other I can get in early. DVC gets a discount, not sure about AP, so my plan is to start with DVC. But I suddenly remembered that though I am a full member, on the title for the timeshare, my mom is the primary member. When I go to buy my AP each year it is a problem because her name comes up, not mine. But, at the park I can show my member card and license and I'm good. Just wondering if those with past experience with DVC registration know enough about the process to reassure me I'll be fine. I see on the website that the WDW and Wine and Dine have links to registration and discounts. As long as I can see that link and click it will I be good?

Does anyone have any experience registering for RD races as a DVC member? In my constant worry about getting in I am trying to think of things that will trip me up on registration day. I have an AP and I'm a DVC member, so I hope one way or the other I can get in early. DVC gets a discount, not sure about AP, so my plan is to start with DVC. But I suddenly remembered that though I am a full member, on the title for the timeshare, my mom is the primary member. When I go to buy my AP each year it is a problem because her name comes up, not mine. But, at the park I can show my member card and license and I'm good. Just wondering if those with past experience with DVC registration know enough about the process to reassure me I'll be fine. I see on the website that the WDW and Wine and Dine have links to registration and discounts. As long as I can see that link and click it will I be good?

I registered for dopey using dvc. As long as you have access to the member site, you will have access to the link. I am the same as you, I think. My husband is the primary member, and I am secondary. Both names are on the membership and I have a card, but his name shows up first. As long as you have the login to the member site go to the member extras, and special offers and run disney is the first option. I still don't see princess listed yet, but I am hoping to.

I registered for dopey using dvc. As long as you have access to the member site, you will have access to the link. I am the same as you, I think. My husband is the primary member, and I am secondary. Both names are on the membership and I have a card, but his name shows up first. As long as you have the login to the member site go to the member extras, and special offers and run disney is the first option. I still don't see princess listed yet, but I am hoping to.

Yeah! Yes, I have my own login, and I can find the right section for the RunDisney registration, so hopefully the PHM will be listed soon:) thanks for the reassurance about not being the primary member. I suddenly recalled the issue with getting my AP at the DVC price and got nervous. This is going to be a long few weeks!

I had e-mailed the Rundisney folks today asking about the time for early registration. They told me 12:00 noon ET.

Can anyone explain how it works to register early with your AP? I'm a new passholder and want to make sure I know what I'm doing! Is it through the passholder website?

tinydancr06 said:
Can anyone explain how it works to register early with your AP? I'm a new passholder and want to make sure I know what I'm doing! Is it through the passholder website?

Yes. Go to passholder landing. You will see it listed under special events but there isn't a link set up yet. You can look at the January marathon weekend just above it to see what the link will look like. If you have the new RFID AP card and haven't created an account you'll need to call in to register.

Is there a discount for the race if you are an AP? I am considering becoming an AP and wondering if this might be another reason to nudge me towards getting an AP!

caybean said:
Is there a discount for the race if you are an AP? I am considering becoming an AP and wondering if this might be another reason to nudge me towards getting an AP!

No discount. DVC and Disney Visa receive a discount.

Just found this thread and had to join because I definitely want to do the Glass Slipper! A chance to earn more bling? I'm there! :lovestruc

Yes. Go to passholder landing. You will see it listed under special events but there isn't a link set up yet. You can look at the January marathon weekend just above it to see what the link will look like. If you have the new RFID AP card and haven't created an account you'll need to call in to register.

What is the pass holder landing?

The place you go to on the website to see all the PH benefits

I found it on the website. Just took some investigating!!! LOL. By the way to anyone who just updated to the new AP, it took me less than 5 minutes yesterday to call Disney, where they directed me through the website, gave me a number to put in so I can have my AP show online. It was super easy!!!

Do you think the date will be the same for Visa holders?

I'm trying to remember if the dates were the same for Marathon weekend and I'm drawing an absolute blank. :headache: Oddly, I've heard virtually nothing about when it'll open for Disney Visa holders... I'll see what I can dig up today!

I found it on the website. Just took some investigating!!! LOL. By the way to anyone who just updated to the new AP, it took me less than 5 minutes yesterday to call Disney, where they directed me through the website, gave me a number to put in so I can have my AP show online. It was super easy!!!

This is great information to know!!!

I'm trying to remember if the dates were the same for Marathon weekend and I'm drawing an absolute blank. :headache: Oddly, I've heard virtually nothing about when it'll open for Disney Visa holders... I'll see what I can dig up today!

It was the day after registration opened for AP/DVC.

Thanks!!!

That is a great tip. :thumbsup2 Thanks. Now I am torn because if I do register my AP it should be easier to register on registration day, no waiting on hold to call. But I was kind of hoping that if I had to call RunDisney to register because of the new RFID pass I would manage to bypass the Active.com registration fees. Tough call, try to save money, or make it easier for myself:confused3 Or I could use my DVC to register early and save $10, but I am guessing the active.com fees are much higher than that. :scratchin What to do, what to do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter