• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official Frozen Sing-Along, Oaken's, Holiday Premium Package Tips, updated 1/5/15

I'll be there tomorrow for the last show of AIE, got my fp for it, I think it'll probably be the only time that a fp was needed for it :)
Some familiar entertainers from Citizens of Hollywood and other areas went to audition this morning for the historians. The sing along will def. be extended without a closing date, so far.
No word of any of the other elements of the FSF extension, but i would think that Oaken's trading post will continue as well

On our DHS day the Frozen fireworks will be at 8:45. I have read that TSMM, the Great Movie Ride and a couple of other attractions close at 8:30 due to the fireworks, but the fireworks are later that 8:45 during the summer. Any idea when these attractions will close when the fireworks are earlier?

I read that the attractions reopen after the fireworks if the park is open late enough. During our visit the park closes at 9, so there would be no time to reopen. However, on the Sunday evening EMH the park is open till 11. Will TSMM and Great Movie Ride reopen on that night?

I'm sure the fireworks are great, but this may mess up my evening and EMH DHS plans.

On our DHS day the Frozen fireworks will be at 8:45. I have read that TSMM, the Great Movie Ride and a couple of other attractions close at 8:30 due to the fireworks, but the fireworks are later that 8:45 during the summer. Any idea when these attractions will close when the fireworks are earlier?

I read that the attractions reopen after the fireworks if the park is open late enough. During our visit the park closes at 9, so there would be no time to reopen. However, on the Sunday evening EMH the park is open till 11. Will TSMM and Great Movie Ride reopen on that night?

I'm sure the fireworks are great, but this may mess up my evening and EMH DHS plans.

If the fireworks are at 8:45pm I expect TSMM and GMR to close around 7:30pm. Gives people in line to ride the attraction and then exit the fall out area
The attractions reopen about 30 to 45min after the fireworks are done.

I'll be at HS tomorrow. Can't wait!

Have a great time!

I'll be there tomorrow for the last show of AIE, got my fp for it, I think it'll probably be the only time that a fp was needed for it :)
Some familiar entertainers from Citizens of Hollywood and other areas went to audition this morning for the historians. The sing along will def. be extended without a closing date, so far.
No word of any of the other elements of the FSF extension, but i would think that Oaken's trading post will continue as well

We will be there in the evening to catch the last AIE too.

We noticed a new historian yesterday who sure looked like someone who doesn't like any monkey business going on in the park. Though I could be wrong. I just know he looked very familiar.

I'd sure like official word! I keep thinking I should just change the title to Frozen Fun at DHS Tips Thread. But I'm holding off for that official word.

My fingers are crossed the processional stays!

We are planning to see the fireworks on a night there is Extra Magic Hours. Which rides is effected so we can plan ahead on not getting to those right away?

2 days until we do our Frozen Fun Premium Package! :cool1:

I will be there with my almost-2-year-old and will be meeting a DIS friend and her 2.5-year-old. Wondering if there is anything I should know about bringing young toddlers to the package events? (Side note - great deal with a sub-3-year-old, since they get in free, but can eat Mickey bars and all!)

A few specific questions:

1.) I've seen mention of seating for kids at the parade. How does that work? Are strollers allowed?
2.) Dessert party is standing-room-only, I believe. Strollers allowed for that? (side note - remind me of where to stand for the best fireworks view in the package area?)
3.) Given the kids are too young for an official ticket, will they need to sit on laps for the sing-along? Or would they get their own seats?

Any other tips for 2-year-olds at this are more than welcome. :goodvibes Thanks for the great thread!

Great Movie Ride
Legend of Jack Sparrow
One Man's Dream
Toy Story Midway Mania

Only GMR and TSMM are open for EMH, so if you want to see other two that same night you will need to see them before they close for fireworks.

From reading the OP, it looks like folks recommend seeing the second Fantasmic after the Frozen Fireworks. If we wanted to do this in September, where should we stand for the stage show/fireworks? How should we get from there to Fantasmic?

Thanks for the help.

2 days until we do our Frozen Fun Premium Package! :cool1: I will be there with my almost-2-year-old and will be meeting a DIS friend and her 2.5-year-old. Wondering if there is anything I should know about bringing young toddlers to the package events? (Side note - great deal with a sub-3-year-old, since they get in free, but can eat Mickey bars and all!) A few specific questions: 1.) I've seen mention of seating for kids at the parade. How does that work? Are strollers allowed? 2.) Dessert party is standing-room-only, I believe. Strollers allowed for that? (side note - remind me of where to stand for the best fireworks view in the package area?) 3.) Given the kids are too young for an official ticket, will they need to sit on laps for the sing-along? Or would they get their own seats? Any other tips for 2-year-olds at this are more than welcome. :goodvibes Thanks for the great thread!

Good questions! I'm going with a 2.5 year old & 4 year old. I hope someone has some info! :)

Our night, the fireworks are at 8:45. What time does the premium dessert party open? THANKS!!!!

2 days until we do our Frozen Fun Premium Package! :cool1:

I will be there with my almost-2-year-old and will be meeting a DIS friend and her 2.5-year-old. Wondering if there is anything I should know about bringing young toddlers to the package events? (Side note - great deal with a sub-3-year-old, since they get in free, but can eat Mickey bars and all!)

A few specific questions:

1.) I've seen mention of seating for kids at the parade. How does that work? Are strollers allowed?
2.) Dessert party is standing-room-only, I believe. Strollers allowed for that? (side note - remind me of where to stand for the best fireworks view in the package area?)
3.) Given the kids are too young for an official ticket, will they need to sit on laps for the sing-along? Or would they get their own seats?

Any other tips for 2-year-olds at this are more than welcome. :goodvibes Thanks for the great thread!

Good questions! I'm going with a 2.5 year old & 4 year old. I hope someone has some info! :)

I hope someone can answer better than me. I remember seeing stroller parking inside the viewing area. There have been some reports of parents being able to sit in the children's section
But I'd think an adult would certainly block a child's view.

I'm sorry to sound so negative, but I'm not a big fan of that viewing area and waiting an hour for the parade. We checked in and took our snacks elsewhere and found a better, less crowded area down by the backlot express. Of course, we missed the stage show being that far away. But we were fine with the trade off.

From reading the OP, it looks like folks recommend seeing the second Fantasmic after the Frozen Fireworks. If we wanted to do this in September, where should we stand for the stage show/fireworks? How should we get from there to Fantasmic?

Thanks for the help.

I'm going to defer this question to Itinkso and yullilin3. They have both recently done F! after fireworks. I haven't been to F! in years.

Our night, the fireworks are at 8:45. What time does the premium dessert party open? THANKS!!!!

When you check in for your package, they will tell you. Back in July we were told to come back after 8. With the 9:15 fireworks they were told the same time.

Thanks for the help.

I'm going to defer this question to Itinkso and yullilin3. They have both recently done F! after fireworks. I haven't been to F! in years.

For the SWW fireworks, we followed yulilin's advice and watched from the Echo Lake/Prime Time area and would have had plenty of time to make it to Fant but it had been raining most of the evening... and our Fant advisor (CM DD) advised against it.

For a good view of the stage or the screen, I would follow lovethattink's advice of the Min and Bill area. From there you could head towards H&V and then turn to the left at the first street to get to Sunset.

If you wanted to be closer to the stage, if you stood on the right side of Hollywood Blvd. and at the tape of the taped-off crosswalk, you could then head to Fant by navigating around Brown Derby and the Starring Rolls area which keeps you off and out of the crowd walking on the street.

If you are able to get FPs for the 2nd Fant, that guarantees you seating in the center and all left sections of the amphitheater. Standby is seated in the right sections. There should be plenty of seats because the second show of the night usually isn't as packed as the first showing.

For the SWW fireworks, we followed yuliin's advice and watched from the Echo Lake/Prime Time area and would have had plenty of time to make it to Fant but it had been raining most of the evening... and our Fant advisor (CM DD) advised against it.

For a good view of the stage or the screen, I would follow lovethattink's advice of the Min and Bill area. From there you could head towards H&V and then turn to the left at the first street to get to Sunset.

If you wanted to be closer to the stage, if you stood on the right side of Hollywood Blvd. and at the tape of the taped-off crosswalk, you could then head to Fant by navigating around Brown Derby and the Starring Rolls area which keeps you off and out of the crowd walking on the street.

If you are able to get FPs for the 2nd Fant, that guarantees you seating in the center and all left sections of the amphitheater. Standby is seated in the right sections. There should be plenty of seats because the second show of the night usually isn't as packed as the first showing.

Completely agree!! :wave2:

Best tip I can give for getting good seats for the singalong: Pick a day when it's pouring and go to the last show of the day.

Ugh silly ten post rule can't think of anything to say.....please disneyfaerieprincess if you are still reading this thread pm me when u r going to call and cancel....thank you soooooo much. Sorry Mods I know this doesn't belong here but I can't pm anyone yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter