• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official Frozen Sing-Along, Oaken's, Holiday Premium Package Tips, updated 1/5/15

I had meds and noise canceling earbuds (but no plugs), but I could hear the music pretty much anywhere in the vicinity of the center of the park (I had to go back to Star Tours earlier in the evening to escape it prior to the dessert party), and my scooter battery was nearly dead so going much further wasn't an option unless I didn't want to get back to the room. :(

I can tolerate park noise fine but I'm very sensitive to extended periods of loud music, especially with a lot of bass. Somehow I missed that this dance party would be going on for hours and hours while planning my trip (I thought it was a short thing that ended when the dessert party began). That's my fault, but I still can't get over that a CM shrugged at me and said "well I've been here all day" when I was crying and being sick.

How early have the hard tickets for the First Time in Forever been selling out? We will be arriving in HS around 3/4pm on Monday, 9/1 - will there likely still be any tickets available for the later shows? If so, where do we go to pick them up?

I had meds and noise canceling earbuds (but no plugs), but I could hear the music pretty much anywhere in the vicinity of the center of the park (I had to go back to Star Tours earlier in the evening to escape it prior to the dessert party), and my scooter battery was nearly dead so going much further wasn't an option unless I didn't want to get back to the room. :(

I can tolerate park noise fine but I'm very sensitive to extended periods of loud music, especially with a lot of bass. Somehow I missed that this dance party would be going on for hours and hours while planning my trip (I thought it was a short thing that ended when the dessert party began). That's my fault, but I still can't get over that a CM shrugged at me and said "well I've been here all day" when I was crying and being sick.

My son can relate with you. He found the music painful up that close too.

Yes, the dance party starts at 5:30.

That's too bad you had that bad experience. I can see it left a sour taste in your mouth.

How early have the hard tickets for the First Time in Forever been selling out? We will be arriving in HS around 3/4pm on Monday, 9/1 - will there likely still be any tickets available for the later shows? If so, where do we go to pick them up?

There have still been tickets left around 4pm. Not sure how things will look for 9/1 though. It's a holiday. The 7pm show has been reaching capacity. The first post of this thread tells where to pick them up by the Premiere Theater, and there is a link to click for a picture of the pick up area.

Will be at HS this coming Sat, 8/30. HS opens early that day. Do they start giving out tickets to the Sing-a-long at 8:00am? Or, 9:00am?

Thanks for all your info on this thread!

First of all thanks so much to everyone who has been keeping this thread updated! Thanks lovethattink for starting and keeping this current! I've been lurking for a while trying to get caught up on it ever since I heard that it was extended through September! I originally bought the premium package as soon as I heard about it but the more I was reading I don't think it's worth it for us. We're going to be there for 2 weeks so we can spread everything out and if we can't do something one day we have many more to try! I am going to cancel our package for 9/21 if anyone needs it. It's for 2 people. Let me know if we can coordinate anything!

Will be at HS this coming Sat, 8/30. HS opens early that day. Do they start giving out tickets to the Sing-a-long at 8:00am? Or, 9:00am?

Thanks for all your info on this thread!

I was hoping that someone would jump in and answer your question because I don't know. We never make morning EMH.

I know for a fact they hand them out at 9am. Because we got them just after 9am one morning.

You're welcome. Wish I could be of more help with your question.

First of all thanks so much to everyone who has been keeping this thread updated! Thanks lovethattink for starting and keeping this current! I've been lurking for a while trying to get caught up on it ever since I heard that it was extended through September! I originally bought the premium package as soon as I heard about it but the more I was reading I don't think it's worth it for us. We're going to be there for 2 weeks so we can spread everything out and if we can't do something one day we have many more to try! I am going to cancel our package for 9/21 if anyone needs it. It's for 2 people. Let me know if we can coordinate anything!

Thanks for the heads up. I hope someone here is able to pick up your open space.

Yes, you should have no problems doing every thing without the package. But I do have to say, the desserts are pretty incredible. Although you can always buy a cupcake or other specialty dessert on your own.

Hi I'm very interested I tried to pm you but since I'm a noob it won't let me. Hope you read this!!

Just got back and a few skating tips for those interested:

Get there about 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time. If your skates are on and you are ready to go, they will let you on up to 15 minutes early. It will be less crowded and more skating for the same $10 - can't beat that, especially at Disney (Don't get me started on the Villains Unleashed Ripoff). 45 minutes of skating for $10 is a pretty good deal.

If you can, bring your own skates, socks, helmet, etc. Just store them in a locker for the day. My son got lots of compliments on his cool "hockey" helmet. My daughter never wears a helmet so she was unhappy no matter what.

Most of the skaters will be true beginners who have never been on the ice before. This is fantastic and great to watch their smiles at a truly new experience.

One downside, if you know how to skate, the skate guards can be a little aggressive with their "rules" enforcement. I understand their safety concerns, but people who know how to skate should be able to skate a little bit more than they were allowing. I had a few people comment to me about why my daughter is so sad looking and not doing anything (it was the combo of wearing a helmet and getting yelled at for doing a simple spin.)

Overall, a great time and both kids happy they skated at Disney.

Trying to decide if I want to do memory maker or not. Are the magic shots included? Just not sure if it's "worth" it.

Trying to decide if I want to do memory maker or not. Are the magic shots included? Just not sure if it's "worth" it.

Yes, the Magic Shots are included. That was the deciding factor for some other DISers to choose Memory Maker.

Can someone tell me where you pick up the tickets for the singalong? I know it was mentioned but digging through I can't find the most current spot.
Now considering a stay at the Pop Century, would this get us the EMH? Also, is everything open for EMH? For instance could we go to Oaken's and build a snowman?

Just got back and a few skating tips for those interested:

Get there about 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time. If your skates are on and you are ready to go, they will let you on up to 15 minutes early. It will be less crowded and more skating for the same $10 - can't beat that, especially at Disney (Don't get me started on the Villains Unleashed Ripoff). 45 minutes of skating for $10 is a pretty good deal.

If you can, bring your own skates, socks, helmet, etc. Just store them in a locker for the day. My son got lots of compliments on his cool "hockey" helmet. My daughter never wears a helmet so she was unhappy no matter what.

Most of the skaters will be true beginners who have never been on the ice before. This is fantastic and great to watch their smiles at a truly new experience.

One downside, if you know how to skate, the skate guards can be a little aggressive with their "rules" enforcement. I understand their safety concerns, but people who know how to skate should be able to skate a little bit more than they were allowing. I had a few people comment to me about why my daughter is so sad looking and not doing anything (it was the combo of wearing a helmet and getting yelled at for doing a simple spin.)

Overall, a great time and both kids happy they skated at Disney.

Thanks so much for sharing your skating experience.

Magic shots are only available through memory maker or individual picture purchases.

The Aurasma pics are only available on the Aurasma app.

I got memory maker free with my resort stay. It was fine that way. They took about 100 pictures. Only 4 were frozen magic shots of those, an olaf, a sven, snow magic and Anna and Elsa.

Can someone tell me where you pick up the tickets for the singalong? I know it was mentioned but digging through I can't find the most current spot.
Now considering a stay at the Pop Century, would this get us the EMH? Also, is everything open for EMH? For instance could we go to Oaken's and build a snowman?

It's in the first post of this thread, with picture. It's outside of the premiere theater. Look for the sign that says ticket pick up. Not sure how standby will be handled from sept 2 onward.

Oaken's opens at 9am

Thank you! Spent forever digging backwards and it is in the most convenient place. Clearly I do things in the most difficult fashion!

Since I was here last week, there are new banners across each of the ticket booths that say Frozen Fun.

Thank you! Spent forever digging backwards and it is in the most convenient place. Clearly I do things in the most difficult fashion!

You're welcome.

Not sure but we got tickets twice (ended up not using the first ones) and both times they had plenty of tickets to all shows... I picked up tickets to the 12:30 show around 10:30 or so and this was just two days ago

Wandering Oaken's closes at 7:30pm. This is a change.

The Icemen perform at 5:30, 6:30, 7:30 and 8:30pm.

Aug 30 is the last day for Idol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter