**Official Frozen Sing-Along, Oaken's, Holiday Premium Package Tips, updated 1/5/15

It's Labor Day weekend, so it will be a bit more crowded. FSF and MNSSHP sound like a fun weekend! Congrats on the A&E FP+! .
Thanks. We have been recently in August with level 8 crowds and they are predicting 5 at the highest for the weekend. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The iced coffee with kahlua was worth the money..... Now if they had also served mimosas and bloody Mary's during the parade........ ;-)

Wait, what? Is this at the parade? How come I didn't realize this before? I thought adult beverages were only available at the dessert party!

Thanks. We have been recently in August with level 8 crowds and they are predicting 5 at the highest for the weekend. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Fingers crossed too. We are staying on property part of the weekend too.

Wait, what? Is this at the parade? How come I didn't realize this before? I thought adult beverages were only available at the dessert party!

:rotfl:

Is it definitely end king sept 1? We get there on the 10th!

Rumors are circulating around about extending part or all of FSF. However, at this point they are only rumor.

Hopefully, the powers that be will make an announcement one way or the other soon to squelch the rumors.

Just in case anyone needs it, I just cancelled the frozen package for 5 people for this coming Saturday (August 2nd).

Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure that will go quickly.

Here's hoping that the rumors are true. We arrive in The World on October 2nd, and I would happily convince my DH that we need to squash all our ADR's on our HS day to attend this event! Subscribing now!!
Contemporary / Polynesian March 1983 Boardwalk Villas October 2012

I just wanted to make a note about the ice skating....

My husband and sister participated on Saturday, July 19. There was a sign outside that said the Funland area would close at 8:00 and Oakens Outpost would close at 8:30. I originally thought both were open until 8:30 so I knew we were going to be a little rushed. We got in line to go into the Funland around 7:15 and by the time we got inside it was around 7:30. We went straight to the skating rental area since we knew we were pushing it time-wise. By the time they filled out the paperwork, got their socks/helmets/skates, and got laced up it was about 7:45. Therefore, they only had about 15 minutes to skate and they were still charged the full $10. They were actually even allowing people to pay up until 7:58. They seriously told them (as they walked onto the ice) that they had 2 minutes, and they were still charged $10. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew... if you're planning on skating, leave yourself LOTS of time to allow for lines to get in, paperwork, skate lacing, etc... :thumbsup2

We've been watching the Frozen Singalong on you tube. For anyone who has been, do you think Anna is a bit Ellen Degenerus?

That's what I was thinking but I think the only questions I've asked have been booze related so thank you for commenting first! :rotfl:

That's what I was thinking but I think the only questions I've asked have been booze related so thank you for commenting first! :rotfl:

I was joking!! Only alcohol was at dessert party. I was "wishing" for mimosas in that parade heat! ;-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi everyone - we just returned home from a magical vacation to WDW. My family & I did purchase the Premium Package, so I just wanted to share our thoughts. Our family is DH, DD8 & myself. We did the package on 7/19 an extra magic hours morning at HS. DD was dressed in her Elsa costume (which we purchased in NY prior to our trip).

We arrived at the gates by 7:30. There were lots of people but the lines moved quickly. As we entered, we received the take-a-long Olaf (so cute). We started to walk towards the Hat & stage for the welcome show, a cast member came up to us & asked if DD would like to be part of the parade. Well OF COURSE (best day ever as DD said that night). We were given a wrist band for her & myself as well as an instruction card with the time to meet for the parade & location for DH to watch the parade. This was all random, we had just arrived & it was no where near the time to check in for the premium package. I guess DD was picked as she was dressed as Elsa.

After the welcome show we went straight to the Trading Post - no Elsa dresses!! Only Anna winter dress with the cape. We purchased some pins & used the penny machine (took all of 15 minutes & no line at all). Then we tried to get into the Fun Land - but it does not open until 9:00. Which by the way makes no sense to me - if you are opened for extra magic hours, then open the Fun Land as not to create a long line for the 9:00 opening. Well we waited & were second in line. Inside was beautiful (and cold!) There was a photo pass person with a magic shot (Elsa & Anna), the play area to "build a snowman", treat station & the ice skating. We only did the snow as we cannot ice skate. We were in the area about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes.

It was close to the time we could check in for the premium package so we headed over to that area. (At this point the temp & humidity were taking its toll on DD). After we checked in we picked our sing-a-long time (all times were available). We proceeded into the parade viewing area & asked for two bottles of water. Now it was getting close to the time DD needed to check in for the parade for we left the viewing area. As for the viewing area itself, I cannot comment if it is worth the price of the package as we did not get the full use of it.

The parade was great & the stage show was short but cute. (We did go "backstage" to line up for the parade. No meet & greet with Elsa & Anna, they were already in the carriage. No pictures "backstage" as well.)

Next was the sing-a-long, our time was the 2:30 show. What a great show. We were seated in the third row (first row was for wheelchair & their families). Everyone was singing & the crowd went wild when Kristoff came on stage. The package seating was well worth the cost - front & center, easy to take pics & video.

Now onto the dessert party. The paperwork said 8:00, but the check in did not start until 8:30. But the line did move fairly quickly. Loads of desserts - cupcakes, cookies, fruit, push-pops. Can soda, bottled water, kids fruit drinks (almost like the breakfast drink at Tusker House). And "adult" drinks (which were all included). We were able to secure a table closer to the left of the viewing area. Cast members were there removing dirty plates & cups. We had full view of the stage & only a small area of the hat blocked some of the fireworks. Two negatives with the dessert party - no seating and it is a long time for young kids to wait for the fireworks. DD was getting restless - so I took her for a walk - no problem getting back into the viewing area. The DJ & band were both great - loved the 80's music!! The fireworks were the best part of the the night - amazing!!!!

So after reading all of this - did I feel it was worth the $$ ?? I have to say - for my family of three - yes it was worth the $$. Would I have booked it for a second night (if my vacation plans allowed it) yes I would have.

Each family is different & each family has different ways of touring the parks. I hope this helps when making your decisions to keep or not keep the premium package. Enjoy your vacations everyone!! :)

This is maybe a stupid question, but here goes: For the tickets to the sing along party, does my entire group need to be present to get their tickets or can I pick up tickets for other people I am meeting later? My sister and her family are splitting their day between AK and DHS, and probably won't get to DHS until 3 or so. My family is doing a full day at DHS. If I can pick up their tickets for them I will. If I can't pick them up, is it likely there will still be tickets available for them after 3 on a Sunday? Thanks.

This is maybe a stupid question, but here goes: For the tickets to the sing along party, does my entire group need to be present to get their tickets or can I pick up tickets for other people I am meeting later? My sister and her family are splitting their day between AK and DHS, and probably won't get to DHS until 3 or so. My family is doing a full day at DHS. If I can pick up their tickets for them I will. If I can't pick them up, is it likely there will still be tickets available for them after 3 on a Sunday? Thanks.

Yes, just let the CM know the total amount of tickets you need for your complete group including your sister and her family.

Thank you, Vickie1016!
We are going next Wednesday (yikes! next wednesday!) and I appreciate your input

I know some have said you can pick up tickets for the sing a long with out your whole party there. My sister is a CM and is meeting up with us later. That would be a total of 8 tickets I would possibly need for the sing along. Is there a limit of how many tickets they will let you pick up?

I know some have said you can pick up tickets for the sing a long with out your whole party there. My sister is a CM and is meeting up with us later. That would be a total of 8 tickets I would possibly need for the sing along. Is there a limit of how many tickets they will let you pick up?

There are families with more than 8 members. You won't have a problem requesting 8 tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter