*****Official February 2015 Thread! Come check in and chat!*****

For those lucky souls who are already in the park, can anyone confirm if the midway games next to TSMM are open or closed? There is a Goofy Fishing game, a Bullseye horse racing one and one more.

Thanks!
They were open this weekend. Spent a bunch of money to win some stuffed animals.

25 min for monsters inc on a Monday was not what I was expecting...

Toy story was 40 min today at 9:30, RSR was out if FP at 11:45, 9:00 opening with 8:00 MM today

Currently waiting 90 min for Olaf

Toy story was 40 min today at 9:30, RSR was out if FP at 11:45, 9:00 opening with 8:00 MM today

Sounds a bit scary for but barely mid February.....
:faint:

We thought Saturday and yesterday were super packed after about noon (as I mentioned in my trip report just posted). We were able to get everything done by arriving before rope drop and utilizing FP but didn't ride a single ride standby between noon and 8PM either day because weren't going to wait in lines.

And...... apparently not even a measles scare or threat thereof is enough to keep people away...

Fun to be hearing from those in the parks/just back! Sucks it's crowded! Hope it lets up some. Wonder what is causing it. Could it be that so many things are down/refurbed that it feels more crowded? Or are there truly more people in the parks? I wonder...

Hey, is the water all drained by Mickey's Weel in California Adventure? I heard they were going to drain it but am hoping that was a bad rumor.

Today is a holiday for a lot of people, even though next Monday is the official holiday. Maybe the kids are off in the LA area and the locals are out in full force?

Between Presidents Day holiday/ weekend and the various closures at DLR, those are the two main reasons I would imagine for the crowds.

Fun to be hearing from those in the parks/just back! Sucks it's crowded! Hope it lets up some. Wonder what is causing it. Could it be that so many things are down/refurbed that it feels more crowded? Or are there truly more people in the parks? I wonder...

Hey, is the water all drained by Mickey's Weel in California Adventure? I heard they were going to drain it but am hoping that was a bad rumor.

Yes the WOC lake/moat has been drained for a few weeks at least.

I was there just one day yesterday and it FELT crowded to me as the day wore on, but we were able to do quite a bit in the 8 or so hours we spent there. Both tiers of the SoCal AP's were blocked so perhaps it was only that so much was closed that it felt more crowded.

I should add, we are having a great time and have seen everything we wanted to in DCA in 1.5 days here, finishing DL tomorrow. I am just not seeing 5-10 minute waits that some have reported for Feb. I feel like we are not experiencing the trip where the lack of crowds outweighs the closures. The waits feel early summer like.

Maybe they were sweeping it out today so they could fill it tonight? I show up tomorrow and maybe just maybe could it not be drained? Fingers crossed, haha. I'm just happy the castle is at least covered with something sort of scenic now. I'm going with two first timers, 10 & 12 and I can't wait to see what they're drawn to first!

2nd day and having a great trip so far. Disneyland was packed yesterday and California adventure is quite busy today. RSR was awesome. Hoping the next three days are MUCH slower. Got a little Magic. We got chosen to watch the Pixar parade from a VIP spot.

Nice, that must have been fun!

We found that DCA was quite busy today but still not as insane as spring break was. I'm hoping that tomorrow is a bit quieter but if not, we will still have fun!

2 weeks for me!

And now I'm watching the forecast like a crazy person since it always changes so much.

I'm not surprised to hear about the crowds, but that being said it's really all subjective what one person thinks is busy another might not. Having been Spring Break that's always my gauge of what busy (crushed people, can't move) really is.

The days of walking onto rides "off season" is over. Unless it rains.

11 days till my vacation starts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last week I almost broke down and booked the FP meal for Fantasmic but couldn't justify spending over $200.00 especially since my kids weren't overly impressed by WOC on our last trip. We ended up watching the entire Fantasmic show on YouTube Friday night and while it was really cool I am glad I didn't spend the money for the FP's and meal.

I really recommend F! It is possible to see it without paying for dinner. I saw it on Sunday night and the free FP sections are good, although you do need to line up around 45 minutes early for the show to ensure a better viewing section.

Looks like I'm down for the VGC on the list, but in reality, I'm just staying in the normal GCH rooms.

12 days to go for us!!!

About the crowds...I do know that some Northern California districts are out the entire week this week and some were out just yesterday and next Monday. I hope it eases up by the time we are there. On a weather note, I saw it will hit 90 this week!! CRAZY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter