• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*****Official February 2015 Thread! Come check in and chat!*****

I don't think I've ever seen a play area at an airport before. Then again, I've never looked. Anyone know if there's one at John Wayne or Las Vegas??

I know not what you asked but they had an awesome one in Seattle. This was the first time I had seen one. It was awesome... except for the poopy pants accident my daughter had there- ha ha!

Is that the steam trains? Yes they are all closed now and they reopen the 13/2...the day after we leave :sad: so we don't get to ride them at all

ON a different note - we leave the day AFTER TOMORROW!!!!!! to start our holiday :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: SO good to say that

:cheer2::cheer2:DAY AFTER TOMORROW WE LEAVE:cheer2::cheer2:

That is SO exciting!

I've only ever seen a play area at Dallas Love Field. I love that airport, but the flight on Southwest into SNA was not at the most oportune time for my son.

Edited to add...I periodically checkthe Mouswait app and just saw Disneyland is at a 45 adn DCA is at 35 :eek: kind of hope it stays that way for the next month lol

I am so hoping that is oon a scale of 100, because that would be awesome!!

I just checked the 10 day forecast since we are at the 10 day mark and weather is predicted to be 84 when we arrive - SWIMMING!!! My kids will be thrilled, we're coming from Idaho and it's been a "warm" winter but still highs have been in the 30s.

ETA: Ok, I eat my words, it's going to be in the 40s this week! Yay!

I'm hoping there will be less people :) My friend went last week and said it was marvelously empty.

I am going to try to hold onto this one!

We just bought our APs! Woohoo!

I have two friends at the Land right now and both have said no lines longer than 20 minutes so far!! YAHOO! One did say the refurbishments were a bummer but all his pics look like they are all having a blast still. Can't wait!!!

Yeah, I think it is a matter of acknowledging they are a bummer and still holding onto what's great about being there especially shorter lines and less crowds overall.

The closures are a bummer for sure. The tarp's not very pretty and the drained water in CA is kind of an eye sore. BUT, in my opinion, those things alone are not what make Disneyland magical. It's the whole experience. Last time we went, Indiana Jones was down so the kids (and DH) are excited to go on that. We didn't go on RSR or ANY of the Carsland rides last time (it was just after opening and the lines were really bad), so we are all really looking forward to that. We didn't get to see fireworks last time either, but this time we will. Missing those "big" things last time didn't ruin our trip either.

It's all about your attitude, I think. If you focus on the crappy things, your attitude will bring you down. So I'm going in with a positive attitude and I know we're going to have a fantastic time. :)

I like how you are reframing the positive--this is a good idea for me !

It's hard sometimes but I just keep thinking of the positives.

• We're going to be in Disneyland.
  • There will be much lower crowd levels.
  • I get to see my awesome sister in law.
  • We will get to do things that we haven't done yet.
  • It's freakin' Disneyland!
  • We got a smoking hot deal and can finally stay at the Grand Californian.
  • Even though my favourite ride is closed (Soarin'), the Critter Country closure does not even get on my radar, we all hate splash and DS can take or leave Pooh.
  • Instead of dealing with winter, we are looking at temps into the 20's.
  • At the end of the day, a bad day in Disneyland is better than a great day at work.

And lastly, I try not to worry about things that I can't change. I can't make Disneyland open any of the closed rides, I can't cancel our trip (well, I could but we would be out a lot of money) and I can't uncover the castle. What I can do is make sure that we all enjoy ourselves as much as possible!

I can't change the closures but I can change my attitude about them so that's what I do! :hippie:

Exactly--I think I am going to write my own list.

Thanks everyone :)--very helpful responses to my question about looking at the brighter side!

I just checked the 10 day forecast since we are at the 10 day mark and weather is predicted to be 84 when we arrive..

It is actually warmer there than it is here at the moment and we are in summer..January temps are usually 40 C, currently we are at 15 C with a top of 20 C...has been quite cold all week...mother nature has really messed up...lol

We all bring one large suitcase, two smaller carry on suitcases and two back packs. We also put a soft duffle bag into one of the suitcases just in case we buy too much. We have had to purchase an extra bag on more than one occasion in the past so we have learned to be prepared now. :rotfl2:

My list keeps growing & growing..... :hourglass.

Sun glasses
Hats
Chargers-phones, ipad, kindle, car
Splitter for head phones/ipad
Head phones for all
*Dramamine
Gum
Snacks
IBU/Alieve
Excedrine
tums & gas-x
Nyquil
Chapstick
Flip flops
Swim suits & swim shirt
Sun screen
Quarters
Cash
**Print reciepts/gift cards
**Pack Tickets
Pack ipad, kindles, phones
Pack ipad holder for car
DVD's in small holder
Makeup
DH underwear
Q-tips
Hand sanitizer
Order groceries with vons
Pick up starbucks giftcard
Popup hamper
Laundry detergent
Take pictures of all park tickets & GC (front/back)
Call & let credit card companies know we are traveling
Contact & info school
Have post office hold mail
Spare pair of eye glasses
*Pay daycare for March-ahead of time
Portable charger for phones
Nail clippers & tweezers
Airplane plugs for ears
Swim goggles
Snacks
Chapstick
Download movies to ipad

Well we are 4 days away. We leave on Monday morning. I got a titer last week and go figure, STILL waiting on results. I wasn't about to risk it so I just got the shot again on Friday. I have to say, by Sunday I could barely walk my joints were hurting soooooo bad in my knees. Yesterday it was in my shoulders and elbows. Nothing I couldn't deal with but I was pretty miserable for a while. I'm hoping that is the worst of it. I'm still hoping my results come back showing immunity, just want the peace of mind since I know the shot takes a while to build up full immunity.

We made reservations for Blue Bayou for my birthday lunch on Thursday. I can't believe I've barely thought about my birthday next week, just thinking about Disneyland!!!

Myself (27) and my girlfriend (27) will be coming to Disneyland on Feb 6-9, staying at Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate.

I'm trying to book the fantasmic dinners for end of Feb but i can see some available slots on the website but it never takes me to a booking page, anyone else getting this?

(it works okay on a normal resi, just asks me for a credit card for those)

Try calling. I tried to book ours online and I had the EXACT same problem. I just called and they told me what available times they had (didn't even match what was showing online) and I booked that way.

Hi there! We are excited to be going to Disneyland Feb 6th-10th, staying at Desert Inn! It will be myself along with my DS 13, DD 19, DD 23, son-in-law 23 and grandson 2 years 9 months. :goodvibes DH wanted to stay home this time. I doesn't like going as often as we do. :confused3

Bags almost totally packed, just have to pack bathroom essentials combs, brushes, toothbrushes etc.

Daughter has one shift left at work today, clean the house tomorrow, pack the car tomorrow afternoon, relax tomorrow night and set off Saturday lunch time.

OMG this is really happening!!!

Bags almost totally packed, just have to pack bathroom essentials combs, brushes, toothbrushes etc.

Daughter has one shift left at work today, clean the house tomorrow, pack the car tomorrow afternoon, relax tomorrow night and set off Saturday lunch time.

OMG this is really happening!!!

WOO!!! All the best on your flight, I hope your trip is fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter