*****Official February 2015 Thread! Come check in and chat!*****

Do you have any snacks that he can eat during take off and landing? Our son using a sippy cup so we're just going to put water in it. And then he loves graham crackers. As well as those fruit puree pouches so we're just going to give him those and hope for the best. I am definitely worried. Especially flying into and out of John Wayne airport because the take off and landing are so drastic.

Yes, we will bring some snacks for him. He likes those apple sauce pouches so maybe I'll load up on those. Fruit snacks might be good too, because they're chewy. I'm also going to give him a dose of tylenol before we board. Not sure if that will help but it can't hurt!

I had this happen once also, worst pain, couldn't hear, but it went away by the end of the day. My son does great on flights, except when the pressure changes for landing, he cries and rubs his ear, nothing helps until we get of the plane, not gum, lollipop, or drinking. He is 6. We finally bought him the airplane pressure plugs, and it is a life changer for him. No more issues. You might want to consider them, I found them at Target, Walmart, and our local grocery store. They are also reusable and come in a handy case. I believe they say put in at least 30 mins before landing or you can wear them the whole time. My kids actually put them in and still wear their headphones to play on the ipads. However, we do have over the ear headphones.

I didn't know those existed! My guess is that my 3 year old won't tolerate having them in his ears but I might pick some up for my older kids. Thanks!

Any other AP holders get a postcard about a 'Special Event' on 2/23 or 2/24 from 8pm to Midnight? What's going on? Is there a thread because I didn't see one :confused3

Scratch one thing off the list. Got my blood drawn today for the MMR titer. I was told that my OB should have this info because during my pregnancy (6-7 years ago) they would have checked me for immunity and given me a booster if I needed it. But, my OB is retired and his pracice shut down so it would take forever to get those records. Easier to just get a blood test. I will get results tomorrow, but I'm not worried about it. Just one less thing to think about now and I like being 100% certain. :)

Doing some more shopping at lunch time today to get some final things I need to pick up.

DS is just getting over being sick... hoping DH and I don't get it now and we all stay well!!

22 days!!!!!!

Any other AP holders get a postcard about a 'Special Event' on 2/23 or 2/24 from 8pm to Midnight? What's going on? Is there a thread because I didn't see one :confused3

I am not an AP holder, so I have no idea what it's about... :confused3... but I am curious!! :)

I've still got a few things left to do. I'm a little bit of a control freak so I already have all of our paperwork printed and in a folder. (flight info, hotel confirmation, Orbitz tickets, calendar with DL and DCA hours and our various reservations...)
  • Remind DS's school about our vacation.
  • Book pedi and if my nails are not totally wrecked, a mani.
  • Try on capris and shorts from last summer, swear when they don't fit and then try and buy new ones. In Canada. In January.
  • Book eyebrow appointment
  • Check the exchange rate and cry because I should have bought the US$ a few weeks ago when it was bad but not ugly
  • Remind my mother that she promised to give us a lift to the airport
  • Debate endlessly about getting American $ vs using credit card
  • Pack X3
  • Remember the other 15 things I wanted to do before we left, decide that 13 of them can wait.

This was awesome! I'm still laughing.

That's exactly me too! My DH flew a couple years back and his ears wouldn't pop on the way down. He said it was the worst pain he has ever felt in his life. So I'm paranoid. Especially with my 3 year old. Smaller babies, you can give them a bottle and that helps get their ears to pop. Old kids you can give gum. He's kind of right in between those ages. Plus, he's had a bit of a cold so I'm even more worried. Hoping it's not too bad!

I am not a huge fan f fruit snacks but I gave those to my toddler when we flew with her and it seemed to work great for take off and the descent. GL!!

Just got an MMR booster per my physician, ordered photopass+, ordered Disney visa rewards card with rewards loaded ... Only 15 more days til we head to CA!!!

First measles case (unrelated to DL) in IL announed by Chicago Tribune today .., AND IN MY TOWN of Palatine!!! So glad me & mine are vaccinated!!!

This will be our 14th family trip to DL - I have to admit, we're winging it. I'm done with meticulous planning. Got our car & hotel in Nov, but we figure anything we forget we can buy in CA ... Will be cheaper than in Cook County, IL (10% sales tax!!!!!)!!!!!

My must-haves for the parks:(kids 5&8)
Assorted ziplocs
Hand sanitizer (i'm only a sanitizer junkie at DL)
Baby wipes
Take & toss cups with lids & straws (those DL kids milk bottles with meals are hard for a clumsy 5-yr old to drink from - we put drinks on airplane in these too!!!)
Cell phone add-on battery
Extra clothes for each kid (we never stop to go back to hotel)
Bottled water
Nail clippers/nail file
Chapstick
Sunscreen
Hats - the sun can be brutal in line (autopia)
Extra pens
Quick snacks

I had this happen once also, worst pain, couldn't hear, but it went away by the end of the day. My son does great on flights, except when the pressure changes for landing, he cries and rubs his ear, nothing helps until we get of the plane, not gum, lollipop, or drinking. He is 6. We finally bought him the airplane pressure plugs, and it is a life changer for him. No more issues. You might want to consider them, I found them at Target, Walmart, and our local grocery store. They are also reusable and come in a handy case. I believe they say put in at least 30 mins before landing or you can wear them the whole time. My kids actually put them in and still wear their headphones to play on the ipads. However, we do have over the ear headphones.

Airplane plugs! These sound genius! I am definitely going to check into these! :goodvibes. My DD(8)...who had past history of chronic ear infections, leading to tubes, always has a terrible time on plane with ears. Thank you for sharing! pixiedust:

Airplane plugs! These sound genius! I am definitely going to check into these! :goodvibes. My DD(8)...who had past history of chronic ear infections, leading to tubes, always has a terrible time on plane with ears. Thank you for sharing! pixiedust:

I think these are the ones:

EarPlanes

I've heard some rave reviews of them!

I am not sure where you can get them in the States but I am pretty sure I saw them at our Walmart a few months ago. Just make sure you get the children's ones and not the adult ones!

Oh my goodness. So excited. one day of work!

Tried packing into a small suitcase. I gave up. Pulled out the big suitcase. Weather forecast keeps changing and I want a lot of options.

Sandals. Tennies. Water shoes. Raincoat. Sweatshirt. T shirt. Capris. Jeans.

2 years ago when we went during Jan. It rained a lot and the Weather Forecast changed while we were there.

Can I say I am so excited!!

Oh my goodness. So excited. one day of work! Tried packing into a small suitcase. I gave up. Pulled out the big suitcase. Weather forecast keeps changing and I want a lot of options. Sandals. Tennies. Water shoes. Raincoat. Sweatshirt. T shirt. Capris. Jeans. 2 years ago when we went during Jan. It rained a lot and the Weather Forecast changed while we were there. Can I say I am so excited!!

Yay!

I always try and cram everything into small suitcases but I always give up and remember that as long as they are under the weight limit it does not matter how big our cases are!

We normally have 2 checked bags. But I am worried with all of our son's stuff we'll have to bring 3. Yuck. I am trying to downsize my stuff as much as possible. My husband is better at packing so I am going to put all of my stuff in the guest room and just let him try to get it all packed into 2 bags, if possible. I really don't see it happening though since we need so much stuff for our son.

True...but Micechat was reporting this on January 26th.

I can only assume that this means that a time traveler works for Micechat. :rotfl:

I'm fairly certain I read somewhere that they would be restocking again, as they have "sold out" a couple of times already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter