*****Official February 2015 Thread! Come check in and chat!*****

The Vons website changes to reflect the new weekly prices and selection of merchandise every Wednesday, which is what happens in the actual stores too. So, when this happens, a lot of times there are certain items that were in abundance in the store during the previous weeks' sales, and then all of a sudden there is supposedly none of that item in stock.

What could also happen -- and this is the most likely scenario -- is that the website will show that an item is no longer available, but that item may actually be available at the physical store location and just unavailable to online orders only. I've experienced that a lot with Vons deliveries -- where the website says something is not available, but I find out later that it was actually available on the store shelves (the drivers will even tell me that they saw the item in the store). Or, the website could accurately state that an item is not available one day, and it might not be there on that day -- but the next day the item is there and the website is not updated until the following Wednesday or something.

Good to know, I'll check in a few days and see what's there!

Has anyone used Amazon Prime Fresh to deliver to GCH? I have a free month of it and their free delivery starts at $35.

I can't remember if you needed a stroller... But city stroller rentals had water too, but I imagine you need to get the stroller!

We are only 11 days out from our trip! :cool1:

I'll definitely be posting pictures to my Instagram and maybe the boards. Since my last trip reports I really haven't posted many pictures on the boards because I hate the time it takes to upload them to another site and then post them here.

If anyone wants to follow me on Instagram to see what's going on in the parks 2/2-2/7 feel free to pm me for my Instagram name. :)

Let me add, you'll have to tolerate pictures in the meantime of the cutest yorkie in the world as well as my not so little anymore little guy. :)

I can't remember if you needed a stroller... But city stroller rentals had water too, but I imagine you need to get the stroller!

Thanks but DS is past stroller age...although I bet he would love to be pushed around all day!

First post to this site. Me and my mom are going to Disneyland Resort between February 22-25. It looks like this is a popular time to go! We got our annual passes last December and we're looking forward to some more Disney magic!

First post to this site. Me and my mom are going to Disneyland Resort between February 22-25. It looks like this is a popular time to go! We got our annual passes last December and we're looking forward to some more Disney magic!

Welcome, MissAriel! :welcome: I've added you to the list in the first post!

Aladora, I made a post asking about Amazon fresh just today on the forum! I'll bump it.

Great minds think alike! Thanks for bumping it for me.

My current dilemma is the stroller rental -

We have an almost 4 and a 6 year old. The 4yo is a regular napper and I expect him to sack out in the stroller. Should I get a double stroller or will a single do? We are staying off site and will either take a shuttle or drive to the parks each day - should we just rent at DL or get the offsite rental? What's the benefit of renting either way? Just price?

We have rented form City Stroller Rentals before and they are awesome. Plus what is not to love about a stroller that is ready for you at the hotel so you can take it to and from DL vs only used in the parks.

So handy!!!

We have rented form City Stroller Rentals before and they are awesome. Plus what is not to love about a stroller that is ready for you at the hotel so you can take it to and from DL vs only used in the parks.

So handy!!!

Ditto all this! It is cheaper too and the strollers are nicer.

Ditto all this! It is cheaper too and the strollers are nicer.

My 6yo is 48" so we'd get the bigger stroller to hold either kid I think so I'm not sure if it's really cheaper. A friend told me that they would leave their stroller and pick up another one in another area and how nice that was as an option. I'm still not sure if that meant she stole one from another family or what :confused3
I think I'm overanalyzing the whole thing...

How many parks days are you doing? 2 DL strollers (they don't have doubles) are $25 a day. Singles are $15 a day. A 3 day rental through city rentals is $55 for the double City Mini GT. It does have a max height listed of 46 inches though. Not sure what it is on the DL strollers, but I don't think it is higher.... I think either would work for a taller kid. But honestly, for me, I wouldn't get a stroller for a 6 year old. I would get one for the younger child (because of the nap issue) and probably at the park for convenience sake.

How many parks days are you doing? 2 DL strollers (they don't have doubles) are $25 a day. Singles are $15 a day. A 3 day rental through city rentals is $55 for the double City Mini GT. It does have a max height listed of 46 inches though. Not sure what it is on the DL strollers, but I don't think it is higher.... I think either would work for a taller kid. But honestly, for me, I wouldn't get a stroller for a 6 year old. I would get one for the younger child (because of the nap issue) and probably at the park for convenience sake.

5 days. I think they can share but I Know there will be times the older will want to sit if only to annoy her brother! :rotfl:
You think the park rental will work fine? Is it hard to get one? I read that they do run out at times but I don't think that should be an issue in February. $15x5 days is the same as City Rentals for the bigger size single strollers but if DL strollers are not as nice maybe it'd be better. See, overthinking

Small hicup for this Disney planner today...I ordered 75.00 giftcard from Cheese Cake Factory. Long stort short it never came. I've called 3 times & they said to give it more time. Today I called again and I was told it has been spent & they will not refund it!?! :mad: obviously not by me-because I never received it!

Anyhow I've since contacted my credit card company, who does have great customer service & the credit card company has already issued me a credit! :goodvibes

I do love Cheesecake Factory...but I am diappointed in there terrible customer service. We have a locked mail box even!

My 6yo is 48" so we'd get the bigger stroller to hold either kid I think so I'm not sure if it's really cheaper. A friend told me that they would leave their stroller and pick up another one in another area and how nice that was as an option. I'm still not sure if that meant she stole one from another family or what :confused3

You may be overanalyzing, but I get it. :goodvibes:

I've rented from City Stroller Rentals as well and they are great. But if your 6 year old is 48" they will likely be too big for the strollers.

I would suggest renting one stroller from City Stroller Rentals to make it easier getting your 4 year old to and from the parks plus napping. Then if you determined that your 6 year old needed it, rent a stroller at the park for them to use. It's more likely that your 6 year old will have no problem walking to the shuttle etc at the end of the day as opposed to a 4 year old.

Regarding your friend... If she used a different stroller in each area of the park she may have been "stealing" it from another guest. Our family doesn't leave anything in our stroller and I'd be pretty cheesed if I came out of Pirates and it was gone...

I'm another vote for city strollers. We're getting a city mini double for our 4 and 6 year olds. We'll be in the parks a total of 5 days and we like to stay busy! So, with all of our walking and park hopping we don't mind at all putting our kids in the stroller. There's no way I'd expect them to walk 10-14 miles a day! Our 6 year old will likely walk more than ride, but we loved having a double stroller last year for storage of water, snacks, coats, camera, and hand sanitizers!
We are 9 days away from flying to SoCal! We're spending our first two nights at a hotel on the beach, then starting the DL portion of our trip. Can't wait!

For your friend....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no0qB8CVspY

Someone mentioned they read on micechat about the pool at GCH being closed. I can't find any information on this. Anyone else hear anything???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter