*****Official February 2015 Thread! Come check in and chat!*****

As for weather....I already keep looking at Anaheim weather on my phone :) However, we've been the last 3 February's or late January's and I swear it completely changes up right before we go. Last year, it was cold (I'm a native Californian so anything under 70 is cold to me LOL). We had one rain day where it poured and the park cleared out and we threw on ponchos and went on ride after ride until we couldn't stand the rain any longer. It was AWESOME! Although riding Dumbo in the rain is a horrible idea, OUCH! I plan to keep checking weather but pack for layering. I'm also thinking since we no loner have nap time and will be at the park all day I might rent a locker and store a bag of clothes for us just in case.

6. The one midway game that has a guaranteed prize is the fishing one. The size of prize depends on the colour dot under the fish you catch. My son has won small and large prizes, if anyone wants to see the sizes I can take and post pics later. The other option to make sure your party wins a prize is to try and play when no one else is around so you are competing only against your family!

I finally remembered to take some pictures of the Paradise Pier midway game prizes.

These are the small and large prizes from Goofy's fishing game with an iphone for size comparison:

And this is another large one from the same game with my (kinda small) 9 year old for size comparison. (Sorry about the pic, I grabbed him this morning in the basement and made him pose with it before he got dressed!)

All of them cost us $2.50 but the game is 2/$5.00 so you really have to spend $5.00 but then you get two prizes. No guarantee you will get a large one and in fact we have never won a medium prize, just small and large.

But, for a fun and inexpensive souvenir, it is the absolute best choice! In the stores, even the small stuffies definitely cost more than $5!

Oh, my kids would think that is so much fun! We've not played the Midway games before, I'd be down to do them if you are guaranteed a prize!

Oh, my kids would think that is so much fun! We've not played the Midway games before, I'd be down to do them if you are guaranteed a prize!

There is only one game that has guaranteed prizes and that is the Goofy fishing game. The other games you can "guarantee" a prize if the only people playing are members of your family! :thumbsup2

Just be aware that some of the games give out different size prizes depending on how many people play so if there are only two of you playing then one of you will win a small prize.

But we always play the fishing game and DS gets 2 prizes for $5. (That was the cost last time we were there, it might have gone up since then)

First off, welcome to the thread, I have added you to the list in the first post!

Those all sound like great things! A few comments about some of them:

3. If you have not already, there is a book about the hidden mickeys that I bought for my sister in law. It's not too big and you can toss it into a bag or backpack, it is great for reading when you are standing in line!

4. I went to the Animation building for the first time this last August and I loved it. It will be a bit different this time because of all the Frozen stuff but still should be a ton of fun!

5. You should be able to get a fastpass for a nighttime ride, just go to the FP distribution area and check when the FP times are, if it is too early, just let people behind you in line go ahead until the time on the FP is what you are looking for.

6. The one midway game that has a guaranteed prize is the fishing one. The size of prize depends on the colour dot under the fish you catch. My son has won small and large prizes, if anyone wants to see the sizes I can take and post pics later. The other option to make sure your party wins a prize is to try and play when no one else is around so you are competing only against your family!

One that is not on your list but that might be a fun one to add is to pilot the Mark Twain and get the pilot's certificate. We've piloted it once but didn't know about the certificate and every time since then has had 3-4 sailing waits to pilot and we never bothered. Maybe this trip we can do it again!

Thanks for the advice! I am so excited for this trip since we probably won't be so overwhelmed like we were on the last trip. We already have our first two days planned out and are excited to do some things we didn't get to last time.

We have dining reservations at Tortilla Jo's for Sunday evening and are going to just hang out in DTD and check out some of the stores we didn't see last time then to bed early!!

We really liked the Stagedoor Cafe for a quick service lunch. Not to badly priced and you get quite a large portion. It's a very limited menu though...

I haven't officially, but it is on my mind a lot! I went to the Dollar store yesterday and got a pop up hamper. I'm gonna see how I like using it for our dirty clothes.

I haven't officially, but it is on my mind a lot! I went to the Dollar store yesterday and got a pop up hamper. I'm gonna see how I like using it for our dirty clothes.

I haven't yet either, we are leaving in the afternoon on a Sunday so I will probably pack that morning! I do have some things always ready such as travel toiletries. My sister was in town this past weekend and had forgotten a few things so I hauled out my bin of travel size items and she found everything she needed!

For me, I need to see what the weather is going to be like before I decide what to bring. I am strongly considering bringing flip flops but I am afraid I will be too cold.

Although, I think I finally put them away for the year in November so I might bring them along. They are without a doubt my most comfortable shoes to wear.

We have not started packing but our trip is at the end of February. I'm sure I will pack the Saturday before we leave. We typically start our drive down Sunday morning so we can take it nice and slow. However, the in laws are going with us and live in central California and have asked about having the girls stay with them the week before Disney (they are on year round school so they are off all of February) and we would sleepover at their house Saturday night and head out in the morning. That sounds like it could work out for us.

We have not started packing but our trip is at the end of February. I'm sure I will pack the Saturday before we leave. We typically start our drive down Sunday morning so we can take it nice and slow. However, the in laws are going with us and live in central California and have asked about having the girls stay with them the week before Disney (they are on year round school so they are off all of February) and we would sleepover at their house Saturday night and head out in the morning. That sounds like it could work out for us.

I would LOVE to live within driving distance of Disneyland! I know a few people who have done the drive from Victoria but it's a 22+ hour drive including at least 1 ferry.

It sounds like everyone's plans are going very well. :)
I plan on visiting this month as well. Have not been before in February. I know it will be rather different from a more traditional February, but pretty sure at least the train will be up and running again. Yeah!

I would LOVE to live within driving distance of Disneyland! I know a few people who have done the drive from Victoria but it's a 22+ hour drive including at least 1 ferry.

I could not imagine that long of a drive. Our 5 hour drive is should be a bit better now that the girls are older though :)

Yikes! No thank you! We are 5.5-7 hours away (depending who is driving and how many stops we make ;)) We plan to leave around 7AM. My kids are early risers, so this shouldn't be an issue if we pack the car the night before. Now watch, this will be the first day they have ever slept till 6:30! We are debating the stops. In the past, we have stopped twice for about 30 minutes at parks not far from the freeway. You have not seen luxury parks until you go to Blythe, CA :rotfl: but actually the one in Thousand Palms is really nice. This time, we are hoping to get away with one longer stop and one quick one. The plan is to leave at 7 (6AM CA time) and we would be to Blythe, CA around 8:30 CA time. We will stop for a quick bathroom break and get a small breakfast. The kids will eat before we leave, so we will get them something small- thinking french toast sticks from Burger King. Then we will stop for lunch, but this is where DH and I differ. I don't think this is possible because we like to stop in Thousand Palms, but that is only 90 minutes from Blythe, so we will be there too early for lunch (like 10-10:30 CA time). And if we just ate in Blythe, I don't think anyone will be hungry. So, now we are thinking of stopping right before the turn off onto the 60. We would likely be there around 10:30/11. We were just going to go to McDs with a play area. But then we only have an hour left and I am hoping my kids will nap after lunch. Although, just typing this I realized we could still go to Thousand Palms and eat at the park if we just pack lunch. With the time change, my kids would feel like it was lunch time.

We should be pulling up to the Grand Cal between 12:30 and 1:00 if all goes according to plan! I'm allotting an hour for check in, park the car, bathroom break, get the rental stroller from Bell services etc. and hoping to be in DCA by 2:00. We are going to try to get FP for Anna and Elsa that day and get that over with, but 2:00 might be too late, so we'll see how that goes. We only plan on staying in the parks until 7ish that night, which will feel like 8 to my kids who ALWAYS go to bed at 7:00!

Ok, 'fess up!

Who has started packing already? :joker:

I've begun a Disney corner in my bedroom.
My pins
Lanyards
My son's pin collection etc
Dollar tree ponchos lol

Suitcases are in the house and looking ready to be packed.

Ok, 'fess up!

I haven't started packing (I have the mental list going :rotfl:), but our new Disney shirts arrived today and I booked our hotel (Best Western Meridian Inn & Suites in Orange).

With all of the closures in February, I think we will focus on lesser known things to do at DL & DCA and of course Frozen :cold: stuff because my DD is 5 and that is high on her list. :hyper:

Ok, 'fess up!

Not "officially" started. But I have a list of all my outfits (with pictures, cause I'm crazy like that). And I have a small container that I throw stuff in that I need. Starbucks Via, wet wipes, granola bars, etc.

You will LOVE the pop up hamper. When we travel I always bring one. It's the BEST for road trips because you can just load the basket into the car. With air travel it still works great because it keeps your dirty clothes contained. Afterwards I usually move all the clean clothes to one suitcase and stuff all the dirty in another.

For me, I need to see what the weather is going to be like before I decide what to bring. I am strongly considering bringing flip flops but I am afraid I will be too cold.

Although, I think I finally put them away for the year in November so I might bring them along. They are without a doubt my most comfortable shoes to wear.
Bring your flip flops if for no reason other than if it's nice out and you're going to the pool or hot tub they are easy to put on and take off.

I have a feeling I may be the only person that has not seen Frozen. I have no desire to either. I'm not sure I could sit through the entire song. At least when it comes on the radio I can change the channel. I guess I'm thankful I had a boy because I never got into the whole Disney Princess thing. I love the classics, Dumbo, Bambi, etc.

I will be there only on the 13th! It's my DS6 7th birthday and he has the day off of school! Seemed like it was meant to be! We will be driving down from the bay area early that morning. hopefully getting to the parks around 11. Staying at Hojo on points! So excited! Olaf will be a top priority for us as he LOVES Olaf! Otherwise, this is his trip and he can decide what we do!

Hmm... so I'm starting to "plan" my days as much as one can.

Here is what I have so far:

Arrival Day, February 24
Check into DLH
Head to Disneyland!

February 25:
EE at DCA (will get up for this since it will be at 9 am instead of 7)
Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour?

February 26
Hello Kitty Exhibit at JANM
Mood Fabrics
Michael Levine
any other stores that strike my fancy
May pop into DL in the evening

February 27
San Diego Zoo *or* maybe more fabric and clothes shopping. It all depends on how much I get done on Thursday. I have the rental car all day so I'm flexible

February 28
Disney California Tour?
Dapper Day Expo

March 1
Dapper Day!!

Things I'm undecided about:
Booking Dining Reservations -I'm travelling solo so I'm flexible but I also think it will probably be easier to get a table for 1? Or am I totally off base?

Fantasmic -Should I just get the fastpass or try dining. We did the old dessert package a number of years ago and it was awesome. But again, travelling solo it's easier to navigate. Plus I'm tall (5'11") so I shouldn't have a problem seeing.

Tours -Is it worth it to do both tours? It's unlikely that I will ever have the opportunity to do one again...

Photopass -I've done photopass plus a few times and thought it was ok, can't decide what to do this time... maybe just wait to see how the pictures turn out?

Anything else that I'm missing or any other thoughts??

I'd love any thoughts or suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter