*****Official February 2015 Thread! Come check in and chat!*****

So strange. Well time will tell. Sorry to start some confusion! I just always use my iPhone!

No worries, it is an issue that has come up in this thread a few times...it would be SO much easier if there was one master calendar and if it was, oh I don't know, accurate?!?!

No worries, it is an issue that has come up in this thread a few times...it would be SO much easier if there was one master calendar and if it was, oh I don't know, accurate?!?!

Yeah! You would think that there would be one master one because I always go off this one so I don't get random times but, regardless I can't wait to go whatever the times end up being. *sigh*

Yes especially since the big item is not in both: THE CASTLE.

Well maybe since we know that's closed the iPhone one might stay! I can only hope. :)

I also called and they said that they are updating the website and having issues and the schedule just might not have updated online just the mobile but of course nothing could be confirmed or anything like that just a guess.

Out of curiosity, has anyone besides MG3G received any form of goodwill gesture due to closures?

We have, but it took some doing, at first like they have done to other`s they give us the brush off which the cast members are instructed to do, so you can not really blame them, but after explaining how we can quite easily and certainty will explain the situation to the press etc another lady came to the phone who i assume must have been a higher ranking cast member and the good will gesture was made, proving they know what they are doing is wrong, i will now no longer mention about the closures on here as it is dragging on and irritating quite a few, but i still can not understand how people can not see or even worse accept that Disney have well and truly taken them for a ride and not doing a thing about it..:wave2:

Out of curiosity, has anyone besides MG3G received any form of goodwill gesture due to closures?

We have, but it took some doing, at first like they have done to other`s they give us the brush off which the cast members are instructed to do, so you can not really blame them, but after explaining how we can quite easily and certainty will explain the situation to the press etc another lady came to the phone who i assume must have been a higher ranking cast member and the good will gesture was made, proving they know what they are doing is wrong, i will now no longer mention about the closures on here as it is dragging on and irritating quite a few, but i still can not understand how people can not see or accept that Disney have well and truly taken them for a ride.:wave2:

Hi all. We will be visiting for three days between 2/9 and 2/12. I'm a bit bummed about a few of the closures but nothing would be sadder than not being able to at least see the outside of the castle. This is our first time to DL and we are only able to visit because my husband is retiring from the Navy and the ceremony is the weekend before. I know we'll have a great time even with ride closures. It's not like we'd be able to see everything in three days anyway but the castle. Oh goodness. I hope it isn't covered up. Fingers crossed. We'll roll with the punches I suppose.

So sorry that I missed adding you to the list, I have fixed that now!

Hey all - I just heard back from Disney...

Yes the Castle is indeed going to be covered and closed. The traps are likely to look like the Castle, there will also be walls. There is a "chance" that the back part of the Castle won't be covered over though so we might get to see if from behind.

I highly encourage everyone to get in touch with Disney like another posted suggested. I emailed them before the holidays and was finally able to get through today, phone tag. They are sending our family some extra magic - so it is possible if you approach them nicely that they will do something. I didn't ask but was disappointed, obviously like a lot of us are, and they offered.

I just contacted Disney both on the Guest Info line and the AP line. Told them we have a DLH room booked for February and told them I was disappointed that SOOOOOOOOO much was going to be down. Their response: "With the Holiday decorations coming down and the parks gearing up for the 60th, many attractions will be down for the spring." Lovely.

And I did get some magic sent my way. And by magic, I mean the kind Voldemort would send to Harry. "If you want to experience more attractions, you should probably move your current reservations to the summer." Yes, perfect! SARCASM I should go when my job is at it's busiest and so are the parks:sad2:. They basically said, "Have a magical day. And here's where you can shove that magic." Remind me to not announce my future vacation plans to my kids. If not for them knowing about it and constantly talking about it, I'd cancel the whole stinking trip. Definitely feel like I WON'T be getting anywhere near my money's worth.

I just contacted Disney both on the Guest Info line and the AP line. Told them we have a DLH room booked for February and told them I was disappointed that SOOOOOOOOO much was going to be down. Their response: "With the Holiday decorations coming down and the parks gearing up for the 60th, many attractions will be down for the spring." Lovely.

And I did get some magic sent my way. And by magic, I mean the kind Voldemort would send to Harry. "If you want to experience more attractions, you should probably move your current reservations to the summer." Yes, perfect! SARCASM I should go when my job is at it's busiest and so are the parks:sad2:. They basically said, "Have a magical day. And here's where you can shove that magic." Remind me to not announce my future vacation plans to my kids. If not for them knowing about it and constantly talking about it, I'd cancel the whole stinking trip. Definitely feel like I WON'T be getting anywhere near my money's worth.
I can feel your annoyance. Honestly, not sure when I might actually go, at this point. Have plans for this month however, most likely will be changing them. Just too many closures and then a tent over the castle. Go during the summer there's the crowds and the heat. :faint:

The goal for this trip for us is "try new things", even though this is our 7th trip there are still some things that we have not done.

In no particular order the new things we want to do are:
  • stay at the Grand Californian - I have wanted to stay here but I just could not stomach the cost when a room in one of the motels directly across from the entrance was 20-25% of the cost. Getting an amazing deal made this possible. I just hope that none of us love it too much!
  • eat at Napa Rose, specifically at the chef's counter - this was an unfulfillable dream until DS was older or we were staying at the Grand since they have Pinocchio's Workshop where he can go for the evening.
  • ride California Screamin' - DH loves this ride but DS and I have been WAAAAAY too chicken to go. DS has been asking to go to WDW but our agreement is that we all have to ride every single ride at DL and DCA before we go to WDW and CS is the last one that we have not yet done.
  • Tiki Room - DH did this last trip with his sister but DS and I had already gone back to the room so we still need to do this.
  • Carnation Cafe - I can't believe we have missed this so I just made reservations for breakfast on the 12th.

I think that is everything new so far, of course all of the Frozen stuff is new and we plan on doing some of it. No real interest in meeting Anna and Elsa but I think we will go skating in DTD and I am interested in the Freeze the Night since I really enjoyed the Mad T Party...at least the drinks! :drinking1

We will be in the parks from 02/22-02/23. I am sad about some of the closures but I'm sure we will still have a great time. I have A LOT of things I want to do this time around. This will be our second trip with the kids and now we feel like we know what to expect for the most part. Here is part of my bucket list:
1. Visit the Main Street Magic Shop
2. Visit the Silhouette Store on Main Street
3. Find Hidden Mickey’s
4. Find the Beast’s Library and Ursula’s cavern in the Animation Studio building
5. Try to ride Radiator Springs Racers at night
6. Play the midway games at California Adventure and hopefully win some prizes!
7. Check out the Emporium on Main Street for souvenirs.
8. Buy a loaf of french bread and butter from Jazz Kitchen Express or get a loaf of sourdough from Boudin Bakery at DCA.
9. Take the “Secret Path” near Harbour Galley Restaurant to get to Splash Mountain, take some pictures! Start at the Harbour Galley Restaurant and head towards the right. Follow the path to Fowler’s Inn, which is just decor.
10. Visit City Hall on Main Street to become an official citizen of Disneyland
11. Visit the Chamber of Commerce in DCA to get a copy of the Buena Vista Bugle
12. Request a map of the Jungle Cruise
13. Visit Snow Whites grotto near the Castle (If we have access)

I need to find the first half of my list which includes a lot more things I want to eat on it!

We will be in the parks from 02/22-02/23. I am sad about some of the closures but I'm sure we will still have a great time. I have A LOT of things I want to do this time around. This will be our second trip with the kids and now we feel like we know what to expect for the most part. Here is part of my bucket list:
1. Visit the Main Street Magic Shop
2. Visit the Silhouette Store on Main Street
3. Find Hidden Mickey’s
4. Find the Beast’s Library and Ursula’s cavern in the Animation Studio building
5. Try to ride Radiator Springs Racers at night
6. Play the midway games at California Adventure and hopefully win some prizes!
7. Check out the Emporium on Main Street for souvenirs.
8. Buy a loaf of french bread and butter from Jazz Kitchen Express or get a loaf of sourdough from Boudin Bakery at DCA.
9. Take the “Secret Path” near Harbour Galley Restaurant to get to Splash Mountain, take some pictures! Start at the Harbour Galley Restaurant and head towards the right. Follow the path to Fowler’s Inn, which is just decor.
10. Visit City Hall on Main Street to become an official citizen of Disneyland
11. Visit the Chamber of Commerce in DCA to get a copy of the Buena Vista Bugle
12. Request a map of the Jungle Cruise
13. Visit Snow Whites grotto near the Castle (If we have access)

I need to find the first half of my list which includes a lot more things I want to eat on it!

First off, welcome to the thread, I have added you to the list in the first post!

Those all sound like great things! A few comments about some of them:

3. If you have not already, there is a book about the hidden mickeys that I bought for my sister in law. It's not too big and you can toss it into a bag or backpack, it is great for reading when you are standing in line!

4. I went to the Animation building for the first time this last August and I loved it. It will be a bit different this time because of all the Frozen stuff but still should be a ton of fun!

5. You should be able to get a fastpass for a nighttime ride, just go to the FP distribution area and check when the FP times are, if it is too early, just let people behind you in line go ahead until the time on the FP is what you are looking for.

6. The one midway game that has a guaranteed prize is the fishing one. The size of prize depends on the colour dot under the fish you catch. My son has won small and large prizes, if anyone wants to see the sizes I can take and post pics later. The other option to make sure your party wins a prize is to try and play when no one else is around so you are competing only against your family!

One that is not on your list but that might be a fun one to add is to pilot the Mark Twain and get the pilot's certificate. We've piloted it once but didn't know about the certificate and every time since then has had 3-4 sailing waits to pilot and we never bothered. Maybe this trip we can do it again!

We have, but it took some doing, but i still can not understand how people can not see or even worse accept that Disney have well and truly taken them for a ride and not doing a thing about it..:wave2:

Taken for a ride?? Seriously!!! All because I won't ring up and demand this that and something to make these closures reasonable.

A free photo appease me, A free meal won't get me that magic photo infront of the castle. A free anything won't make up for the money spent, to only see part of Disneyland

Regarding this whole refurb thing, it really doesn't need to be the "we're pissed" group against the "we're over it" group. Everyone is unhappy about closures. I think y'all should respect the wishes of the fine individual who started this thread and has contributed an awful lot of time and resources to it, and knock off the negativity and bantering. Someone suggested a separate thread to gripe - I think that's a great idea. Everyone on this thread knows what's going on if they've read it - its not news, and continued discussion is clearly bringing some people down.

What is bringing ppl down IS the Closures, it is the fact ppl have spent large sums of money to only get part of Disneyland, If the closures don't bother or affect you, why comment about it? Why give those, who it does affect and upset, a hard time

But we should just all be good little girls and boys and just "get over it" ...as we can always come back...oh that is right NOT every one can!!!

Hey all, I was excited to see that there were pages of remarks since I wasn't online much over the holidays but totally bummed at the amount of posts regarding closures. I look forward to my check in thread on Disboards every time we go to DL and now I don't want to even go through posts to try and find actual DL related ones. Can we get back to the main idea of a check in thread?

On that note, this will be our first time going without a stroller and I was curious if you all carry backpacks or use lockers or anything for your things? Or do you just not carry in anything? In the past we've brought in water, snacks, etc and now we won't have the stroller basket to use and I'm thinking I might miss it LOL.

We also want to ride RSR at night! My 4 year old is 43" and my 2.9 year old is 38" so we have to balance that, so in not sure it will happen this trip. My son was 40" by 3... To bad he's not my younger one! We will rider swap and stuff, but we won't do the e tickets too much this time.

I love Carnation Cafe! We don't have it planned for this trip and I'm kind of bummed about that.

Our new items on the agenda are:
1. Eat at Flos
2. Storytellers breakfast
3. Frozen Frozen Frozen
4. Princess Fantasy Faire
5. Gadgets Go Coaster
6. Try more stuff from the cones in Carsland

Hey all, I was excited to see that there were pages of remarks since I wasn't online much over the holidays but totally bummed at the amount of posts regarding closures. I look forward to my check in thread on Disboards every time we go to DL and now I don't want to even go through posts to try and find actual DL related ones. Can we get back to the main idea of a check in thread?

On that note, this will be our first time going without a stroller and I was curious if you all carry backpacks or use lockers or anything for your things? Or do you just not carry in anything? In the past we've brought in water, snacks, etc and now we won't have the stroller basket to use and I'm thinking I might miss it LOL.

I'm just ignoring all of the "closure related complaining" posts and all of the "complaining about the closure related complaining" posts. :rolleyes1

We only started going when DS was 6 so we have never used a stroller but we always bring a small backpack. DS is at an age where he can carry his one mini-backpack with his own things and I can finally get down to just a tiny purse! Sure, I'll have to carry my bottle of water in my hand but I am SO excited not to have to bring much. :woohoo:

The goal for this trip for us is "try new things", even though this is our 7th trip there are still some things that we have not done.

In no particular order the new things we want to do are:
  • stay at the Grand Californian - I have wanted to stay here but I just could not stomach the cost when a room in one of the motels directly across from the entrance was 20-25% of the cost. Getting an amazing deal made this possible. I just hope that none of us love it too much!
  • eat at Napa Rose, specifically at the chef's counter - this was an unfulfillable dream until DS was older or we were staying at the Grand since they have Pinocchio's Workshop where he can go for the evening.
  • ride California Screamin' - DH loves this ride but DS and I have been WAAAAAY too chicken to go. DS has been asking to go to WDW but our agreement is that we all have to ride every single ride at DL and DCA before we go to WDW and CS is the last one that we have not yet done.
  • Tiki Room - DH did this last trip with his sister but DS and I had already gone back to the room so we still need to do this.
  • Carnation Cafe - I can't believe we have missed this so I just made reservations for breakfast on the 12th.

I think that is everything new so far, of course all of the Frozen stuff is new and we plan on doing some of it. No real interest in meeting Anna and Elsa but I think we will go skating in DTD and I am interested in the Freeze the Night since I really enjoyed the Mad T Party...at least the drinks! :drinking1

I listened to the Disupluged show last night on the "Frozen" stuff. We are very excited to check out all these new happening with our DD's. Probably 2nd to this would be our excitement for our Blue Bayou fantasmic dinner. Really excited for this. Love reading peoples experiences. If your going earlier in Feb don't forget to come back and post for those of us Feb Disers going at the end of Feb. :dance3:

I have used a Bagallini, cross body in the past for my things and it is not too bad. Maybe we can just be in charge of our own water although I can see me ending up holding them most of the time already. "Mom hold this". "mommy hold that". LOL.

I listened to the Disupluged show last night on the "Frozen" stuff. We are very excited to check out all these new happening with our DD's. Probably 2nd to this would be our excitement for our Blue Bayou fantasmic dinner. Really excited for this. Love reading peoples experiences. If your going earlier in Feb don't forget to come back and post for those of us Feb Disers going at the end of Feb. :dance3:

We are trying the BB Fantasmic dinner too and I am super excited for that. Also looking forward to Frozen. I can't wait until early Feb. people start posting their pics and experiences!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter