*****Official February 2015 Thread! Come check in and chat!*****

Which game are you going to? We'll be at the Kings vs Flames game on the 12th and are so excited!

We have tickets to the Ducks v Hurricanes on the 5/2.. My daughter loves Ice Hockey, she actually goes for the Penguins. We are very excited. We fly out on the night of the 12th to come home :(

Is Fantasmic on in February? We will be there 2/20 & 2/21 and on their schedule, it says there are no shows listed for that time. It looks like there's no parades or fireworks. Is that accurate?

I believe Fantasmic is running nightly and there are fireworks on the weekends. They are very slow to load the details!

We are bummed about Redwood Creek too! It's not a deal breaker, but we originally planned to let the kids run around in there to burn off some steam from the 6 hour drive. Now we are thinking there is an outside chance for Anna and Elsa passes that first day since they haven't been going so fast since they moved to DCA. It would be nice to get that over with, but I'm not banking on it for that day!

So the plus side to this many refurbs is maybe less crowds, right? I will miss World of Color, and Matterhorn and probably Pooh (we are going right after my 2yos birthday and I think he would love it) but TSMM is still open, RSR, Dumbo,

Oh, are the storybook boats open? They have been down the last 2 times we went. I'm really hoping that there are no crowds as I'm trying to convince DH we need APs this year and he thinks because we are going to DL in Feb and doing the EBPC cruise that we are good.

I think it may have the opposite effect. My concern is that when there are less attractions to 'eat' people up...it makes everything else seem more crowded. Locals don't really care about ride closures. They will still come to the park in droves, as always. And people who already have vacations planned/paid for, are still coming. So I don't see closures making it less crowded at all. The people that would normally be at Critter Country at any given time, for example, are now going to have to be elsewhere. Same with all the people who would normally be in Redwood Creek. Or on Peter Pan. The Matterhorn. Etc. All of those people need to go somewhere. Not as much places to spread out. Blech. It will still be better than a holiday or June or whatever. But it may seem more crowded than past Februarys.

The one I really wish would be open is the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail :( my kids always had a wonderful time in there and it's not as stimulating as the rest of the parks.

Tom Sawyer Island may be a good alternative to this.

Okay, so I found this:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/6523/Disneyland_Park_Update

Posted September 7, 2004 and they already had the castle closed, expected to open November 23, 2004. So it was closed wayyyyyy before the anniversary start date back then. Does this mean anything? No lol Still praying it's just the walkthrough.

I believe in late 2004 it was under a tarp to paint it. I know when I was there in June 2004 the castle was practically white. And when I went back in 2005 it was very pink. I think they put the embellishments on a couple months before the anniversary but I not sure if it went under the tarp or not.

Is Fantasmic on in February? We will be there 2/20 & 2/21 and on their schedule, it says there are no shows listed for that time. It looks like there's no parades or fireworks. Is that accurate?

The schedule for those days has not been released yet but there was an announcement a while back that said that F! Was going to be on every night since WOC is going to be down. Fireworks should be on Fri, Sat and Sun and the parades every day.

I think it may have the opposite effect. My concern is that when there are less attractions to 'eat' people up...it makes everything else seem more crowded. Locals don't really care about ride closures. They will still come to the park in droves, as always. And people who already have vacations planned/paid for, are still coming. So I don't see closures making it less crowded at all. The people that would normally be at Critter Country at any given time, for example, are now going to have to be elsewhere. Same with all the people who would normally be in Redwood Creek. Or on Peter Pan. The Matterhorn. Etc. All of those people need to go somewhere. Not as much places to spread out. Blech. It will still be better than a holiday or June or whatever. But it may seem more crowded than past Februarys. Tom Sawyer Island may be a good alternative to this. I believe in late 2004 it was under a tarp to paint it. I know when I was there in June 2004 the castle was practically white. And when I went back in 2005 it was very pink. I think they put the embellishments on a couple months before the anniversary but I not sure if it went under the tarp or not.

Thanks! You know, we've never been on Tom Sawyer Island? I think that would be a great option!

And ugh, you are probably right on the crowdedness... Thank goodness we have been a few times and don't mind missing things. I just have a family that has sensory issues so we try to go in non peak times. We went over Gay Days in '12 and that was too crowded so anything less will be fine.

Trying to find a non disney thing to do on the Sat (28th Feb). We are not driving and my other half wants to go to the aquarium of the pacific in Long Beach. But the only tours are all April-October :(

is it possible to get there using public transport somehow?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'm tired of people on here saying 'travel during peak times' then. Some of us don't have the luxury of travelling whenever we want. The closures are for such a long time, they're taking up a good chunk of the year. I'm allowed to be upset and annoyed.

I have traveled off season and at peak times, to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Paris yet i have never come across so many closed rides and attractions you are well entitled to be upset, as in my eyes without some form of compensation Disney really are taking the guests attending in Feb for a ride, (excuse the pun)
what is even more annoying they have decided to close quite a few things after people have bought tickets.

I suppose I'm just in the minority then since I don't think it's all that bad (but then again none of those are my favourites) IMO if guests are looking for less closures they should travel during peak times.

Off peak or not having nearly a third of the parks rides and attractions closed is not fair and not right right, and remember a lot of people have already bought tkts or booked there holiday before a lot of these closures were announced.

Trying to find a non disney thing to do on the Sat (28th Feb). We are not driving and my other half wants to go to the aquarium of the world. But the only tours are all April-October :(

is it possible to get there using public transport somehow?

What is the aquarium of the world? I haven't heard of that. What city is it in?

Well it took long enough, 58+ years, but I will be visiting Disneyland for the first time ever with my little girl, who is 5.5 and all about Elsa & Anna and the movie Frozen, in late February.

We arrive on February 26th and depart on March 2nd. I booked this January 2nd which for me is kinda last minute.

Staying at the Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites, which looked pretty good from the reviews I have read thus far. If anyone has stayed here, I'd love to hear from them what they thought of the property.

I used my Air Miles to book this trip and got a direct flight from YEG to LAX on American Airlines (first time flying with AA so not sure what to expect) with my Air Miles and then stayed up until 5AM looking at hotels, ground transportation etc.

Still have to book our Disneyland Park tickets, but I think I found a pretty good deal on a site I believe called Kijubi.

So in less than 53 days, both my daughter and I will be in sunny, hopefully warm, California to visit Disneyland for the first time ever for both of us.

I just read through some of the thread!

DH and I just planned a very last minute 1st anniversary trip (& 1st ever trip) to DISNEYLAND!! We are staying at the Grand Californian Feb 8-12 and then checking out LA / Hollywood / Huntington Beach Feb 12-15. SO EXCITED!! We booked airfare and Disneyland hotel so far. I'm kind of bummed about the Matterhorn and World of Color being closed and the possibility of not seeing the castle makes me sad :( but that just means we have to go again! :goodvibes

Just wondering if someone can answer this. I think it was last year there was some discussion about putting a walkway behind main street to relieve some of the congestion at peak hours. Did that ever happen?

Well it took long enough, 58+ years, but I will be visiting Disneyland for the first time ever with my little girl, who is 5.5 and all about Elsa & Anna and the movie Frozen, in late February.

We arrive on February 26th and depart on March 2nd. I booked this January 2nd which for me is kinda last minute.

Staying at the Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites, which looked pretty good from the reviews I have read thus far. If anyone has stayed here, I'd love to hear from them what they thought of the property.

I used my Air Miles to book this trip and got a direct flight from YEG to LAX on American Airlines (first time flying with AA so not sure what to expect) with my Air Miles and then stayed up until 5AM looking at hotels, ground transportation etc.

Still have to book our Disneyland Park tickets, but I think I found a pretty good deal on a site I believe called Kijubi.

So in less than 53 days, both my daughter and I will be in sunny, hopefully warm, California to visit Disneyland for the first time ever for both of us.

Exciting! Check out Flight Centre too. Never heard of the site you mentioned for tickets but I know with Flight Centre you don't need to pay exchange.

I imagine California will be warmer than Edmonton in February! haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter