Official February 2014 Thread...

Late to the party! DH, DD9, DD6 and I are heading to AKL for 7 days on Sunday!! (Assuming we can fly out, snowpacolypse 2.0 heading our way).

We are surprising the girls, and are planning on waiting until we get to the airport before we either tell them or let them figure it out. SO EXCITED!!

Late to the party! DH, DD9, DD6 and I are heading to AKL for 7 days on Sunday!! (Assuming we can fly out, snowpacolypse 2.0 heading our way).

We are surprising the girls, and are planning on waiting until we get to the airport before we either tell them or let them figure it out. SO EXCITED!!

Welcome! Even though you are late to the party at least you showed up! :) Hope you have a great trip...so exciting to surprise your girls!

We did this for our youngest daughter in 2010. the look of shock on her face and the endless amount of "happy" tears was priceless!!! It was so worth keeping the secret.

Have a great family vacation :cool1:

For all of the MA peeps: Here's hoping that Thursday's snow turns into rain or goes out to sea. Looks like the weekend will be good.

Can't wait to try out the Worcester airport!!

Just an FYI, if everyone is checked in early, they loaded the plan in Worcester early and left. Loved the flight went smooth and quickly both my Worcester departures. Then I don't know if I mentioned but my flight home I left at 12:30pm and arrived in Worcester at 2:38pm. There are not many fun places you can go driving for 2 hours. Wishing you the same!

Ya I'm not liking this winter weather much at all. What happened to the hopeful winter we had a few years ago with snow the end of October and nothing the rest of the winter and mild temps?
Wishing you the fun weather I had last week. Make sure to report back.

10 days! When it starts to get this close it really makes work a chore doesn't it?!?!

Oh ya! Seems life other than Disney stops and you just wish away the days. Unfortunately as slow as those days leading to go, it's a double time passing once you are there. Don't blink.

Tuesday afternoon/evening I spent at Epcot and crowds were decent, although TT and Soarin had 60+ minute waits posted. TT SR was posted at 40 minutes but I walked right on. Wed I hit three parks, DHS first, Epcot second, and MK to finish the night out. Thursday I did MK for EMH then back to Epcot before leaving for the airport.

The best thing I could have done for the week was rent a car! I loved having the freedom to park hop quickly and easily, and when I went to WWoHP I was able to leave when I was done! which was much earlier than expected. I took the buses my first day to MK and was so glad to not do that again!

I found the buses this last trip the most crowded I've ever encountered.(and worse than my ride line experiences) I wonder if there were less buses because of the time of year. Even the boats to DTD seemed to take forever. Made it really hard if you had an ADR or appointment. Being directionaly challenged, renting a car would not have saved me time. Glad it worked out for you.

We are neighbors! I'm a teacher out of school today, watching the snow and dreaming I was already at Disney! I would think by Sunday the airport will be fine! Have a great trip - hope the surprise goes well!

We leave Saturday morning!! I am so excited!! Highs in the upper 70's all week and no rain! So much better than the below zero temps here!

I just snapped at work. It's time to get away. Booked 2/17-2/21. Can't wait to get away from this snow! :cool1:

1 more day of work and school then it is off to the land of magic. Not certain I will have any focus tomorrow. Any advice on getting my 10 yo through the next 36 hrs before we hop the plane. He is mega excited.

We're down to the single digits! I can't wait! We had a snow day today, so one more work day this week, then a full week next week, then flying out Saturday night! Woo hoo!

We have been here for about 10 days now. Bring lots is layers. It has been cold and rainy to hot and humid. And everywhere inbetween!

We have been here for about 10 days now. Bring lots is layers. It has been cold and rainy to hot and humid. And everywhere inbetween!

Good to know! Although 50 degrees is like a heat wave for those of us from the North East right now. :)

And this is why I get sick every February when we are there :rotfl2: We will be there this weekend!

Officially nervous and paranoid about this coming weekend. We have another snow day today. Ugh. Up to 5, which to some isn't much I know, but as a teacher knowing that state testing is coming up in 5 weeks it puts us behind.

We are expecting more snow Saturday into Sunday. Hopefully it will be a small amount in my area (news channels are predicting 2-4, but Weather Channel is saying 1-2). The one flight that goes out of the airport we are flying out of is cancelled today. Fingers crossed that we can get out on Sunday. Not sure what will happen if we can't!

Positive thoughts needed!

Officially nervous and paranoid about this coming weekend. We have another snow day today. Ugh. Up to 5, which to some isn't much I know, but as a teacher knowing that state testing is coming up in 5 weeks it puts us behind.

We are expecting more snow Saturday into Sunday. Hopefully it will be a small amount in my area (news channels are predicting 2-4, but Weather Channel is saying 1-2). The one flight that goes out of the airport we are flying out of is cancelled today. Fingers crossed that we can get out on Sunday. Not sure what will happen if we can't!

Positive thoughts needed!

Oh I totally hear you!!!!
DH got a stomach bug and he was sick all day yesterday. It's not pretty around here at all.

I'm sending warm positive thoughts for Sundays flights.
Our town didn't have school today either.
From the sounds of the forecast you might have a better chance from where you are flying instead of Boston. I could be wrong.
Fingers crossed.

And of course I always dread the stomach bug! We had that a few years ago when we were at Disney. Not fun cooped up at POP for a few days.

With the wind gusts today I can see why they cancelled in Worcester!

And this is why I get sick every February when we are there :rotfl2: We will be there this weekend!

I am sick. Nasty head cold settled in about 5 days ago. It slowed us down a bit. :|

Have a fun trip, hope you don't get sick!!

And of course I always dread the stomach bug! We had that a few years ago when we were at Disney. Not fun cooped up at POP for a few days.

With the wind gusts today I can see why they cancelled in Worcester!

This morning was quite icky but this afternoon it was actually "warm" out there. I only say warm because the stuff underneath the snow when shoveled was melting.

I am sick. Nasty head cold settled in about 5 days ago. It slowed us down a bit. :|

Have a fun trip, hope you don't get sick!!

November I was ok cold/bug until I got home. Then sick for a few days.
February trip I kept up with Emergen-c and washed my hands ever chance I got. It was nice to be solo and not have anyone complaining because I was using the restrooms. :-)

Hoping for the best for all of you. It does stink to be sick when you are on vacation. Layers!!
DH has had stomach bug yesterday and headache that follows today.
I sooooo better not get this.

Hoping the talked about storm stays coastal and central Mass is spared.

hugs

Channel 5 was reporting 2-4. Hoping Channel 7 has better numbers. Looks like it will be over late Saturday and not really impact Sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Channel 5 was reporting 2-4. Hoping Channel 7 has better numbers. Looks like it will be over late Saturday and not really impact Sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I really would like to be done for a while so as little as possible tomorrow would make me very happy.
Haven't watched the news today. DH has the tv priorities.
And I seem to keep missing the weather when he flicks the channels.

Hoping hoping hoping that Worcester is cleared for your flight.
Here is channel 7 weather........next. sigh.

My son is out at Becker and said with the 2 hour delay he only had one class today. In Leicester. So he was on the shuttle and back. Hoping that's good news on road conditions.
I'm not going anywhere tonight. WOW a sand truck just passed. We never get that here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter