Official February 2014 Thread...

So excited, just booked my first ever Disney Cruise on Disney Dream for Feb 23rd but flying in on the 18th and staying at POP to enjoy the parks first. It is going to be wonderful!

Who has gone in February before? We went last January and there was only one day where the weather was sort of good enough for swimming. Otherwise it was a bit too cold. Just wondering if February is any different. We'll be there 15-20. My son keeps talking all about swimming in the resort pool so I'm just hoping there's a day he can do that!

Who has gone in February before? We went last January and there was only one day where the weather was sort of good enough for swimming. Otherwise it was a bit too cold. Just wondering if February is any different. We'll be there 15-20. My son keeps talking all about swimming in the resort pool so I'm just hoping there's a day he can do that!

We were there the last week of February this year and the weather was great. High 70's - low 80's every day. Evenings did get cold enough that I wished I brought pants to change into at the parks a couple nights. I think the weather was a little warmer than what's average though. But anyway, the pools are heated to 80 something so he could probably swim even if the weather's a little chilly.

It can vary. We went in the pool last year-my DD more than me. One year it was very cold even for us New Englanders.

We were there last wk if February also. The first 3 days were perfect for swimming and the last 3 we were in jackets. You'll probably have decent days for swimming though. Just depends on how dedicated to an itinerary you are!:)

Hi all!

Our first trip to WDW will be from Feb 3-8! Very excited as it is (still) a surprise for DDs 7th birthday. We're staying at AKL, but seems that there is so much I don't know. I just want it to be magical for her.

Countdown is on!

:cool1: 31 days to go! I can't believe I'm doing a February vacation.
The Holidays were busy and the next month is going to be hard work so by then I'll definitely be ready. (already am) Weather predicts 8-12 inches of snow tomorrow into Friday. Thankfully we will all be home and not need to go anywhere.

Sounds like a good day for packing. :rotfl2:
I called a friend to wish her a Happy New Year and she asked me if my packing list was ready. :rotfl: She knows me too well.

pixiedust: Happy New Year! pixiedust:

Fellow DISers = gathering up my packing list for surprise trip in 62 days... one list online notes packing an 800 fill down coat for "winter" trips. we live in Louisiana and have never needed such a thing and had planned to just bring our fleece jackets on the plane (save luggage space)... these coats are upwards of $100 each and with 4 of us would be a substantial unplanned cost. like i said, we live in louisiana and figured the weather here and in florida would be approximately the same... but DH pointed out that we dont hang out outside in the winter too much so saying what we have would be sufficient is true, if we werent gonna be outside ... thoughts? end of febr / beg of march ... do we sink $400 into coats or take what we got and hope for the best????
:earboy2:

I went on 3/2 in 2011 so weather should be fairly similar. I am going 2/16 this year and to prep I looked through my pictures from the 2011 trip. I packed layers. Most days t-shirts and capris worked for mid-day. In the AM and PM, we wore hoodies. However, I will be bringing our winter coats with us. I am putting them in my carry on or checked bag depending on the weather forecast. We did not need them at all from 3/2 - 3/9 but it was good to have them just in case. In general though, my plan is to pack a mix of cropped pants and jeans/leggings, hoodies, and a lightweight jacket. Between t-shirts, long sleeved tees, hoodies, and a lightweight jacket, we will be fine MOST days. You need to layer. Bring a backpack!

We are going to be there feb 19-23 then on the cruise until the 27. I've never been there during the marathon is it really crowded? Our plan is to go to MK on sat and were hoping to go to BOG for lunch. Is the line usually still long for lunch?

I just got my magic bands today. One more month to go. I am so ready to head down to FL I am already sick of the snow and cold.
Feb 1-8.
I just hope the weather is nice.

Pam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter