• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official February 2014 Thread...

I'd like to *possibly* join this thread if possible! I received a free dining pin for february and my boyfriend and I are a couple of (barely) 20-somethings who love disney so we're going to do Disney in february (quick and dirty style) :D
We're doing february 16-20th at POP with free QS dining. I'm planning to do the international college program this summer (wish me luck!) so we'll do Disney "right" then, but for now I need my fix!

Excited!

Anyone start a Feb MB and FP+ thread? I noticed that people in Jan are already getting the option for MB customization...

Anyone start a Feb MB and FP+ thread? I noticed that people in Jan are already getting the option for MB customization...

Where did you hear January was open? I've been many threads and heard that December people are still waiting. I've heard 60 days from arrival but also heard 35 days and less. If they are widening the window that would be good to know from many stand points- not just magic bands but because once you order magic bands you can add your FP+ reservations which seems to be becoming as integral a part of planning a vacation as making ADRs. That is if you want any fp from the sound of things!! I didn't expect for magic bands and FP+ planning to open until December!

Ok just saw a post saying Magic bands 60 days out and FP+ 60+14 days out. So it looks like unless something has changed that's the standard. So... Wait we must and mark 60 days on our calendars :)

Ok just saw a post saying Magic bands 60 days out and FP+ 60+14 days out. So it looks like unless something has changed that's the standard. So... Wait we must and mark 60 days on our calendars :)

I've been following the December check-in thread pretty closely, and those guest just started getting MB a few days ago. On the same thread, there have been a few Jan check-ins reporting they can customize MB's already. I think things are still up in the air and we Feb check-in's will need to keep an eye out for changes.

We are going in Dec and again in Feb. We just booked our FP+ at 60 days out. We have existing MBs so it did not request we make new ones. I don't know where the 60+14 came from. We are staying on property. I have gone back in a few times to change my times or attraction and anything I want is available, even at 45 days. I don't think we need to stress to get the FP+at the exact mark!

I am now an official member of the Double Digit Club!!

We have a January start to our trip but most of it is in Feb.

Hi there. If this is the official February 2014 thread, I want to join!!!

After much discussion and research, I've pulled the trigger and booked a 25th wedding anniversary trip for me and my husband. Lots of "firsts" this time around:

First time without kids
First time staying at a "deluxe" - The Wilderness Lodge
First time going when it should be pretty un-crowded (February 1-8)

It's actually our 6th trip, but all of these "firsts" kinda make me feel like a newbie!!! I'm super excited and truly can't wait. Where would be a good place to post or search for any advice people might want to share about the aspects of this trip that I'm pretty unfamiliar with - those 3 "firsts" listed above?

FYI: We've always stayed at moderate resorts - usually the CBR. Our first couple of trips were in November - you know, that "Jersey week" when our kids have a short week of school, and the later trips were in February during our President's Week Break. The trips ranged from the time our 2 kids were pre-schoolers, until they were in high school. While they always loved the trips, in all honesty, its me and hubby who are the real Disney nuts. We're 2 very young-at-heart and in good shape 50-somethings.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice!!

SQ

I am now an official member of the Double Digit Club!!

We have a January start to our trip but most of it is in Feb.

Me too! 97 for me. :banana::banana::banana:
But I've got my anniversary trip coming in 3 weeks.

Hi there. If this is the official February 2014 thread, I want to join!!!

After much discussion and research, I've pulled the trigger and booked a 25th wedding anniversary trip for me and my husband. Lots of "firsts" this time around:

First time without kids
First time staying at a "deluxe" - The Wilderness Lodge
First time going when it should be pretty un-crowded (February 1-8)

It's actually our 6th trip, but all of these "firsts" kinda make me feel like a newbie!!! I'm super excited and truly can't wait. Where would be a good place to post or search for any advice people might want to share about the aspects of this trip that I'm pretty unfamiliar with - those 3 "firsts" listed above?

FYI: We've always stayed at moderate resorts - usually the CBR. Our first couple of trips were in November - you know, that "Jersey week" when our kids have a short week of school, and the later trips were in February during our President's Week Break. The trips ranged from the time our 2 kids were pre-schoolers, until they were in high school. While they always loved the trips, in all honesty, its me and hubby who are the real Disney nuts. We're 2 very young-at-heart and in good shape 50-somethings.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice!!

SQ

Happy Anniversary early to you.
Our Anniversary trip is the 16th, but I'll be returning in February.

No advice other than make sure you do some fun adult things like the Keys to the Kingdom tour. We are looking forward to our adult vacation.
We have an ADR every day and the Keys tour as well as lunch with an Imagineer. I'm so much looking forward to both trips. The weather here has turned chilly and the breaks in Florida will be nice.
I'm thinking of making a habit out of this. LOL

Happy this thread started. I will try to pop on here once in a while but right now I am watching the November 2013 thread. Can't wait. :banana::banana::banana:

I've got 100 days until the start of the cruise. Seems like it's going to fly by though with the holidays! That'll be a big plus!

It's our first adult only trip in 6 years, first cruise, first time at Universal, and first Disney trip sans kids.... So excited!

Going 2/20/14-2/24/14, staying wilderness lodge and running the enchanted 10k!!! Just booked the room this week so I definitely have disney on the brain and pixie dust in my eyes!

What's the deal with magic bands? Do we think all February people are getting them? I hope so!

Going 2/20/14-2/24/14, staying wilderness lodge and running the enchanted 10k!!! Just booked the room this week so I definitely have disney on the brain and pixie dust in my eyes! What's the deal with magic bands? Do we think all February people are getting them? I hope so!
Yes! Everyone (at least staying on site) should be getting them! The video on the home page at MDE says 60 days out for bands and FP+. ;)

Well good! I have a love/hate relationship with new things at disney! Excitement and anxiety all rolled in to one big planning mess :)

All booked!!! :cool1:

2/26 thru 3/6 @ ASM. I am so darn excited. Time to start planning. My kids are going to be beyond happy when I get home today to tell them.

Did some changes to the plans. (and I thought I was done :rotfl:)

We are going to spend two days at IOA/US, one day each park. This is pretty much in the middle of our trip.

So, I got to make two dining reservations that are "signature" dining. :cool1:

We are having dinner at Le Cellier one night and then breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table one morning.

I cannot wait to see the inside of the castle!

Now just to wait 95 days...

Hey y'all! We are officially booked for Feb 1-6 at VWL. This will be our first time staying at a MK resort other than Fort Wilderness. I am supper excited! This will also be our 5th different DVC resort so I am excited to add it to the list and see how it compares!

Do we have a facebook page?

We will be arriving Jan 31 and departing Feb 8. Resort has yet to be decided and will depend on the military discount being renewed! Cannot wait. I'm hoping that the Mine Train will be at least a soft opening when we are there!

I'm hoping for a soft opening of the Mine Train as well although I think it's doubtful. We may be taking a family cruise in 2015 for my nephew's graduation so it may be 2016 before we return to WDW. :sad:

Airfare has scared us away and we are driving. Can't afford it at all for a family of five. It would cost us close to $1500! That is Disney spending money! Driving will only cost us a little over $300 for the entire trip. last time we drove the gas prices were much higher and only cost us that. Plus everytime we fly we get sick.

So, have any of you been there in February before? This will be our first time. We have gone in December and October or November mostly. What can I expect weather-wise and how are the crowds? I know to avoid Presidents week, but we are hoping for the week before the 8th-15th. And does anyone know when the list of ride closures will be out? My 9 year old just has to ride the RnR. :thumbsup2

We live in Louisiana and the flights from New Orleans to Orlando are ridiculous! I can fly us to DL cheaper than what it costs me to fly to WDW! We typically leave Friday when the kids get off the bus, spend the night about 1/2 way, and arrive Saturday around lunch. Takes longer but way cheaper.

End of January/ beginning of February is our favorite time to visit Disney! Crowds are low so dining and ride wait times are never really an issue. We arrive at the parks for rope drop and can be done at the parks by lunch. That gives us the afternoons free to do whatever we want. My kids love to pin trade so we spend a lot of time on the hunt! Weather can be tricky but we've been able to swim our last to visits during this time.

Staying at POP 2/26/14 - 3/2/2014, have ADRs done and now anxiously waiting for the 60 day mark to make FP+ selections!

Happy planning everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter