• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official February 2014 Thread...

Where did you see that? Splash has been down for both of it late February trips so far.

I've got my fingers crossed for Mine Train but Im pretty doubtful. That would be very early, whereas most things are maybe a month or less lately.

I haven't seen anything official about Splash, but since this past closure was a MAJOR rehab, I'm thinking they're not going to close it again two February's in a row.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a soft opening of mine train!

I haven't seen anything official about Splash, but since this past closure was a MAJOR rehab, I'm thinking they're not going to close it again two February's in a row.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a soft opening of mine train!

I would love it if it was open! I'll check with a CM buddy about any rehabs in Feb they might know about.

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that Periwinkle is there again over winter. She left 3 days before we got there earlier this year and she's my youngest daughter's favorite! I'm hoping we can get a pic with her waving with a sign that says 'Hi Danica!'

ETA: CM showing SM scheduled for refurb all of Jan/Feb - March 20. Casey's Corner down for refurb all of Jan - Feb 15. Agrabaha Bazaar down all of Jan - Feb 2.

ETA: CM showing SM scheduled for refurb all of Jan/Feb - March 20. Casey's Corner down for refurb all of Jan - Feb 15. Agrabaha Bazaar down all of Jan - Feb 2.

Seriously?!?! Splash Mountain was JUST closed for three months this year!! How can it possibly need another three month rehab already? Is it possible the CM looked at this year's dates? Because March 20 was when it reopened this year.

cfriend416 said:
Seriously?!?! Splash Mountain was JUST closed for three months this year!! How can it possibly need another three month rehab already? Is it possible the CM looked at this year's dates? Because March 20 was when it reopened this year.

Nope 2014. The 2013 Feb has passed so they didnt have the option for that. But its been down every Feb for our trips. I think its just the months when they do big stuff on it since it can be too cold for it. They probably project dates out farther than needed but not by much.

Hi! Chiming in for the first time, just found this thread! There's another Feb one, but it doesn't seem to be as active...
Anyway, we will be there from 2/21-3/1 for the Princess Half. Staying at AoA for the first 2 nights, then offsite. Dd16 and I will be doing PHM for the first time, and we can't wait!!!

This makes me sad... SM is my favorite ride! I reaaaally hope it's open for our trip!

This makes me sad... SM is my favorite ride! I reaaaally hope it's open for our trip!

I've never gotten to ride it since we always go in Feb! We go next October as well so we will definitely be riding that and Anow White on that trip!

We just booked our first-ever Disney trip as a family last week. We will be staying in a preferred room at POR Feb 3-10. I'm hoping a RO discount will pop up that can be applied to that room.

Right now we are planning to pay OOP for our food, but that may change if stay, play, dine is offered (and RO can't be applied to our room).

I haven't been to Disney since I was 4-5 yo, but I can still remember riding Peter Pan, Dumbo, Its a Small World, and the Haunted Mansion :) We stayed at Fort Wilderness and I remember watching the outdoor movie (may have been Robin Hood?) and hanging out with Chip and Dale. My husband has never been to Disney, nor have any of my children. They will be almost 10, 7, and almost 4 when we travel.

We did this on relatively short notice, and I am normally a planner. We've been able to get some decent ADRs, but I need to tweak a few. I have more signatures on there than I would leave on if we end up with s/p/d, so I'm waiting to see what happens with that.

I've been reading here for a few weeks, but am finally jumping in to post. I have a million questions and much to learn, but you all are a huge help with that.

I'm hoping weather and flu season/illness aren't terrible in February. My kids have a knack for getting sick at very inopportune times. A dear friend of mine has done many disney trips and had a trip a few years ago in Feb. where it was in the 40s for a good part of the week I'm crossing my fingers things are warmer than that for our trip!!

We just booked our first-ever Disney trip as a family last week. We will be staying in a preferred room at POR Feb 3-10. I'm hoping a RO discount will pop up that can be applied to that room.

Right now we are planning to pay OOP for our food, but that may change if stay, play, dine is offered (and RO can't be applied to our room).

I haven't been to Disney since I was 4-5 yo, but I can still remember riding Peter Pan, Dumbo, Its a Small World, and the Haunted Mansion :) We stayed at Fort Wilderness and I remember watching the outdoor movie (may have been Robin Hood?) and hanging out with Chip and Dale. My husband has never been to Disney, nor have any of my children. They will be almost 10, 7, and almost 4 when we travel.

We did this on relatively short notice, and I am normally a planner. We've been able to get some decent ADRs, but I need to tweak a few. I have more signatures on there than I would leave on if we end up with s/p/d, so I'm waiting to see what happens with that.

I've been reading here for a few weeks, but am finally jumping in to post. I have a million questions and much to learn, but you all are a huge help with that.

I'm hoping weather and flu season/illness aren't terrible in February. My kids have a knack for getting sick at very inopportune times. A dear friend of mine has done many disney trips and had a trip a few years ago in Feb. where it was in the 40s for a good part of the week I'm crossing my fingers things are warmer than that for our trip!!

Congrats!

Our Disney trips aren't complete if our youngest doesn't throw up at some point! We sanitize the heck out of our rooms and bodies every day we are there!

Hi Everyone! I've been reading for a while but this is my first post on the dis boards. :)

This will be our family of 3's first WDW trip together. DS4 has never been and DH and I haven't been there since we were kids. We're trying to get a trip in with DS before growing our family.

We're all set to stay at POR Feb 25th through March 4th. Even better (and purely by chance since plane tickets dropped in price for this time frame) we'll be in Disney for my birthday on the 26th!

Anyone else at POR during our dates? Can't wait!

Hi Everyone! I've been reading for a while but this is my first post on the dis boards. :)

This will be our family of 3's first WDW trip together. DS4 has never been and DH and I haven't been there since we were kids. We're trying to get a trip in with DS before growing our family.

We're all set to stay at POR Feb 25th through March 4th. Even better (and purely by chance since plane tickets dropped in price for this time frame) we'll be in Disney for my birthday on the 26th!

Welcome! There is a list of who is staying when/where on the first post I believe :D

We were at POR this year with nearly the same dates and during my birthday which is March 3rd! You'll have a blast!

So excited to find this thread! The Dis boards have been the best resource as I plan my first trip. DH, DS8, DS5, DD2, and in laws (what's the initials for in laws?) are booked in LK and LM room at AoA. Feb 2-8. We may book a split stay at Poly if a good RO discount comes out and in laws are OK with a huge jump in accommodation price. Can't wait! :D

So excited to find this thread! The Dis boards have been the best resource as I plan my first trip. DH, DS8, DS5, DD2, and in laws (what's the initials for in laws?) are booked in LK and LM room at AoA. Feb 2-8. We may book a split stay at Poly if a good RO discount comes out and in laws are OK with a huge jump in accommodation price. Can't wait! :D

:rotfl2:
MIL and FIL
Then I guess SIL and BIL

I've been reading the boards so much that I find myself using the shortened terms to talk to my friend also going to Disney. She laughed at me the other day and said that it takes her twice as long to read my emails now because she has to figure out what all the letters stand for. :rotfl2:

I wonder if I will start talking in letters too?

Have a great day everyone.
My November trip is only 50 days away. I'm so hoping when the discounts come out I can add a count down to February.

Hubs and I will be in WDW Feb 2-6. We're staying at Coronado Springs. Our anniversary is the 4th and we are having dinner at the Grand Floridian Café :) It's our 19th wedding anniversary. Soooo looking forward to it!!:cheer2:

Welcome! We are staying at POR pretty close to your dates (feb 22-Mar 1):woohoo:

Hubs and I will be in WDW Feb 2-6. We're staying at Coronado Springs. Our anniversary is the 4th and we are having dinner at the Grand Floridian Café :) It's our 19th wedding anniversary. Soooo looking forward to it!!:cheer2:

Congratulations! What an exciting way to celebrate an anniversary. I see you are also planning on your 20th with a Disney Cruise. Have you started planning the cruise too?

Hi! We're booked at Beach Club from 2/23 to 2/28! So excited! ADR's are made, crossing fingers that I can get a BOG lunch with FP+ at some point.. It'll be just me and my DH this trip, for our 5th anniversary!

We're at Beach Club for the first time Feb 15-22, then heading over to Universal for the weekend. We visited WDW over President's Week for the first time earlier this year and found the crowds manageable (with planning, of course), and the weather divine. After many (happy) stays at the Swan or Dolphin, we are excited to stay at BC. Hope planning is going well for everyone! :cool1:

We are at Contemporary (Garden Wing) Feb 7-12 for my twins 8th birthday. It's a surprise this time. We came for their 5th birthday but stayed at AK Kidani (there were 10 of us). Just the four of us this time!

ADRs at Chef Mickeys on arrival day (also their b-day), Rose and Crown, T-Rex, Be Our Guest (dinner), and Sci-Fi theater.

Definitely want to make sure the get Princess time AND Jedi training! We have some well rounded girls! Anything new since 2011 we should plan for?

I loved going during this time last visit because it wasn't crowded at all. The longest line we waited in was for Toy Story and only 20 min. Looking forward to a leisurely visit in 2014 too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter